Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Thread 2D2)

Howdyphillip

• 3 weeks later...

New trailer up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

I was okay with the first one, but this one has total nostalgia factor. The last clip alone has me more hyped for December than the entire first trailer. That man has never looked better.

That one hit the old nostalgia buttons pretty goddamn hard. And those last couple seconds, wow.

New trailer up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

I was okay with the first one, but this one has total nostalgia factor. The last clip alone has me more hyped for December than the entire first trailer. That man has never looked better.

I'm legitimately freaking out about this now. That is just awesome. The first trailer was great, but this just blows it out of the water. I couldn't ask for more.

ETA: Wait, did Luke say "My father has it?" Or is that just an audio issue/ or are they reusing the old quote.

I'm legitimately freaking out about this now. That is just awesome. The first trailer was great, but this just blows it out of the water. I couldn't ask for more.

I know, right?

I wonder where they are when he says "we're home". It would have to be somewhere recognizable to the fans, I guess, but none of the OT locations would feel like 'home' to those two.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The answer is pretty damn obvious. I thought he was talking about something *outside* the ship.

I wonder where they are when he says "we're home". It would have to be somewhere recognizable to the fans, I guess, but none of the OT locations would feel like 'home' to those two.

The Millenium Falcon.

Anyway it looks decent but something about it didn't really light my fire. The downed destroyer was cool but otherwise it was pretty by-the-numbers. Dunno.

The have me with the first seconds and then "Chewie , we are home"

Same, that opening shot with the downed Star Destroyer is so many levels of awesome.

And Han and Chewie. Back home, which could well be Mos Eisley - unless we see Corellia at long last.

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

I will second this sentiment. This trailer was so awesome I even got a bit teary-eyed.

ETA: Wait, did Luke say "My father has it?" Or is that just an audio issue/ or are they reusing the old quote.

I caught that to. I wanna know if it was real or a glitch. That wad definitely Luke saying a new line, not an old one.

If nothing else, the imagery alone... ohmigod...

JJ Abrams tends to go for the unearned nostalgia by just dropping in old characters and references. Did the same thing in Star Trek. Hopefully this will be something more than that.

So far everything matches up pretty well with the leaks/rumours, and if that continues, I think it's going to be a lot more than that.

Fuck, that was great. Really excited now. Every part of that was cool.

I haven't seen any original Star Trek, but I thought the reboots were at least decent films in their own right.

Agree that I would want something more for SW though.

To be honest, the original Star Trek movies were only good in a light-hearted, campy kind of way. I enjoy them, (except the unwatchable original movie,) but they're nothing special, IMO. Can't say that most of them were much better than JJ's two. More idealistic? Sure.

Well, the first teaser was a huge middle finger, but this one... Man that's awesome.

I hope they insert elements from the prequel trilogy which is better than the original trilogy and references to the changes in films IV - VI which made the films better.

Well, the first teaser was a huge middle finger, but this one... Man that's awesome.

I hope they insert elements from the prequel trilogy which is better than the original trilogy and references to the changes in films IV - VI which made the films better.

Fuck you.

You're welcome.

What is this... I don't even...

Wha... Wha... WHAAAAAAT?!!!!?

Archived