Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Thread 2D2)

Howdyphillip

If This Doesn't Sell You On Episode VII's New Lightsaber, Nothing Will

When the new crossguard lightsaber showed up in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer, many regarded it with scorn. Stephen Colbert was quick to come to the weapon's defense, but a lot of people still doubted its practicality. What we really needed was a demonstration. Now we've got one – and it's pretty convincing.

• 3 weeks later...

This definitely has to happen. She's easily one of my favourite actresses right now.

I don't know anything about what the role is but based on the variety of her performances in Orphan Black I'm sure whatever it is she'll be able to handle it.

Statement: I hope the Sith Lords are not the pathetic excuses of the title.

Observation: The Sith Lords in the new era are practically like the pseudo pacifistic Jedi.

Recently looked into the "origin" story and some of the canon future of the Jedi-Sith conflict so my aspect of which would be the old and new your talking, but I sort of agree. I know Darth Maul wasn't popular but he was firece looking, but he was canon haha. By a race with an affinity for the dark side the Dark Jedi turned Sith found colonized took control over and bred with.

Sidious is just that though, insidious. Vader was just muscle basically. The Rule of Two with the Sith is a thing so there should only be a max of 2, depending on whether its going to follow that at all. I really hope the lightsabder william wallace sword wielding one is crazy. He looks lithe though. Doesn't cut quite a brutal shadow, as Vader would. I'm guessing he's gonna be more Maul-esque and assasin-y. With a secret Sith master. As per usual. Though I have a feeling its gonna be

A certain Solo...

Recently looked into the "origin" story and some of the canon future of the Jedi-Sith conflict so my aspect of which would be the old and new your talking, but I sort of agree. I know Darth Maul wasn't popular but he was firece looking, but he was canon haha. By a race with an affinity for the dark side the Dark Jedi turned Sith found colonized took control over and bred with.

Sidious is just that though, insidious. Vader was just muscle basically. The Rule of Two with the Sith is a thing so there should only be a max of 2, depending on whether its going to follow that at all. I really hope the lightsabder william wallace sword wielding one is crazy. He looks lithe though. Doesn't cut quite a brutal shadow, as Vader would. I'm guessing he's gonna be more Maul-esque and assasin-y. With a secret Sith master. As per usual. Though I have a feeling its gonna be

A certain Solo...

Jacen? Unlikely, Jacen would know how to fashion (and teach an apprentice to fashion) a proper lightsaber.

Jacen? Unlikely, Jacen would know how to fashion (and teach an apprentice to fashion) a proper lightsaber.

To be fair, Jacen was a kinda crappy Sithlord.

To be fair your basing that on fighting styles based on preconceived notions. The same factions used regular swords, instead of focusing on projectiles they focused on hand to hand when person-to-person fighting was called for.

These guys would spend a lot of rational thought time on their weapon. The Jedi have stuck with a single straight blade because functionality and pre-learned fighting techniques.

With on the other hand are evil enough to take any advantage they can in their weapon. If it was real life every damn jedi-sith showdown wouldn't be an epic power-stick battle it'd be a QuickDraw, old west, Solo and Guido shit.

But its not. The Sith are more cunning and willing to adapt so they develop their personal weapons over time. Saber-staff (Darth mauls shit) was the product of this. The thought they'd make one in the shape of a scottish claymore vs Japanese katana is just weapons development.

Claymore can beat katana, just like katana can beat claymore, depends on how well the men behind them read their opponents.

Which brings us to Jacen Solo, generally a short lived and flakie Sith Lord in the long run as far as Ive gathered so far. Kinda puss.

But, with the movies we have a chance to see the story unfold, again. He's going to get the same treatment as Anakin (sibling of his' name btw).

I honestly hope that's the first point we know if he is evil or if he survived or not at all is the scene before credits. After everyone's else safe for now, he's going to get off a ship, were going to recognize his figure and see his new lightsaber and be like FUCK

ROLL CREDITS WAIT TILL NEXT MOVIE TO KNOW IF THE DAMN SABER WORMS OR NOT

I just hate people seriously dismissing a new fucking STAR WARS based on a newly designed weapon thought up for plot and effect

So the fact that the claymore-saber guy's name was revealed doesn't mean anything to you? Kylo Ren certainly sounds like a villain's name but it's not a Darth name, so I doubt he would have a third name.

He's already got a wookiepedia page. :rofl:

To be fair your basing that on fighting styles based on preconceived notions. The same factions used regular swords, instead of focusing on projectiles they focused on hand to hand when person-to-person fighting was called for.

These guys would spend a lot of rational thought time on their weapon. The Jedi have stuck with a single straight blade because functionality and pre-learned fighting techniques.

With on the other hand are evil enough to take any advantage they can in their weapon. If it was real life every damn jedi-sith showdown wouldn't be an epic power-stick battle it'd be a QuickDraw, old west, Solo and Guido shit.

But its not. The Sith are more cunning and willing to adapt so they develop their personal weapons over time. Saber-staff (Darth mauls shit) was the product of this. The thought they'd make one in the shape of a scottish claymore vs Japanese katana is just weapons development.

Claymore can beat katana, just like katana can beat claymore, depends on how well the men behind them read their opponents.

Which brings us to Jacen Solo, generally a short lived and flakie Sith Lord in the long run as far as Ive gathered so far. Kinda puss.

But, with the movies we have a chance to see the story unfold, again. He's going to get the same treatment as Anakin (sibling of his' name btw).

I honestly hope that's the first point we know if he is evil or if he survived or not at all is the scene before credits. After everyone's else safe for now, he's going to get off a ship, were going to recognize his figure and see his new lightsaber and be like FUCK

ROLL CREDITS WAIT TILL NEXT MOVIE TO KNOW IF THE DAMN SABER WORMS OR NOT

I just hate people seriously dismissing a new fucking STAR WARS based on a newly designed weapon thought up for plot and effect

I though Jacen was kind of a dope Sith Lord, personally. He just got nerfed by the writers so that whatsherface could look kool by killing him. (Spoiler alert: She did not look kool)

• 2 weeks later...

New potential major leaks came out regarding The Force Awakens today. If it's true, its huge in one regard to a major original trilogy character and it looks like Abrams took a major storyline from the "Legends" timeline of books and implemented it into the new trilogy.
http://au.ibtimes.com/star-wars-force-awakens-kylo-ren-luke-skywalker-battle-scene-revealed-report-1422553

Kylo Ren=Jacen Solo and the movie implements parts of the Legacy of the Force timeline from the Legends EU.

Archived