Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Thread 2D2)

Howdyphillip

If anything, I see Han going down in this movie, before everyone else. Hell, he wanted his character to die back in The Empire Strikes Back. Rumors have been that The Force Awakens is really Han's movie (so far as the old cast goes), so they might be giving him a last hurrah.

I'm worried about one of them dragging down the whole affair since I'm not sure any of them are up to the task of headlining a blockbuster anymore.

Hamill has the best shot I think.

So that soccer-ball droid? Called, as we recently found out, BB-8?

It's real:

I’m sure he loved the new little droid that’s a rolling ball. I’m sure he wants it under the tree this Christmas. They never cease to amaze me with what they’re able to come up with, you know? I said, “How are you ever gonna top R2-D2, the most adorable droid in movie history?” And then they have this new one. I can’t even tell you his name, but you saw it in the trailer. [Editor’s note: the name of the droid has been revealed as BB-8.] And when they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set — because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop — I was just amazed. They let me play around with it. [Laughs] I was running it all around at the creature shop up in Pinewood. I’m telling you, it’s an absolute delight. And not having thought that I’d ever go back there, to go back into that world, is just – I get the chills. It’s just so much fun.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/mark-hamill-on-playing-with-the-star-wars-the-105015597302.html

Not CGI. Which is pretty awesome.

And now we search through comments on the trailer and mock anyone who complained about the dodgy-cgi of the droid. :P

So that soccer-ball droid? Called, as we recently found out, BB-8?

It's real:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/mark-hamill-on-playing-with-the-star-wars-the-105015597302.html

Not CGI. Which is pretty awesome.

And now we search through comments on the trailer and mock anyone who complained about the dodgy-cgi of the droid. :P

I wonder how much of this they are going to do with models and stop motion. This could be a really cool blast from the past.

I wonder if they can even procreate. Seems like holding onto the darkside results in some sort of dessication of the flesh, given the physical appearance of both the Emperor and Vader.

I know the prequel trilogy was an affront, but there's pretty clear reasons for both of those. Darth Vader's in particular you'd have to try quite hard to miss.

Archived