Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Thread 2D2)

Howdyphillip

New potential major leaks came out regarding The Force Awakens today. If it's true, its huge in one regard to a major original trilogy character and it looks like Abrams took a major storyline from the "Legends" timeline of books and implemented it into the new trilogy.

http://au.ibtimes.com/star-wars-force-awakens-kylo-ren-luke-skywalker-battle-scene-revealed-report-1422553

If all of that is true, I should not have read it, I SHOULD NOT HAVE READ IT. I am pretty unfamiliar with the EU.

If all of that is true, I should not have read it, I SHOULD NOT HAVE READ IT. I am pretty unfamiliar with the EU.

If this is true, I can see why Abrams is supposedly pushing Disney to move up the movie to a summer release date so all these "leaks" won't ruin the movie by the December release date. The amount of different story rumors I've read since last year is crazy, so who knows exactly if this or any of the other leaks are true. I doubt Disney will though since so much other planning, ie toys, promotion, etc are planned around the December release date.

I would say that if they were to do something like that, it would make more sense to have him established in the first then turn in the second, but that would mirror the prequels a bit too closely.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance this launches in the Summer instead?

I'd assume from the post requirements, no. But apparently they are quite far along with it and started doing CGI and effects alongside shooting, so it's apparently all pretty far along.

There is no chance. Movie releases are like book releases - they are planned and slotted months in advance. It can slip - but it can't move up. Summer is already slotted.

There is no chance. Movie releases are like book releases - they are planned and slotted months in advance. It can slip - but it can't move up. Summer is already slotted.

I suspect this is Abrahams coming up with a way of distracting people from talking about leaks. Know JJ he'll be putting false info out there soon so no-one knows what to believe.

Oh my. That teaser proclaims "We've got next to nothing!" No wonder there was so much chat about the light saber crossguard. That was literally the only tidbit in there to talk about. Abrams has been over-promoted. I felt emotionally cheated by the last Star Trek and I expect to be taken advantage of the same way by this Star Wars. Regurgitated gimmicks without substance. Not that the previous movies' kid vader or teen vader made me feel much besides wanting to slap them, but there was still George's rosy glow around those movies that sort of made you feel it, like "I made this major production in my garage and some part of my vision still speaks to the soul!" The feeling I've been getting from J.J. has been more like "I'm worming my way into every major project in Hollywood and deflating everyone's expectations as I go, all the while experiencing wild success on account of my pact with the devil!" [end of bitterness]

Oh my. That teaser proclaims "We've got next to nothing!"

It screams "This is a teaser and we are early in post, so of course there's not much to show."

If they could just make a movie adaptation of Knights of the Old Republic I would be sooooo happy.

I mean seriously, there's 100,000,000 years of Star Wars history, do we really need to only see a single group of characters? I think the Old Republic era is vastly more interesting. I know most of the movie-watchers love Star Wars in part because they know and love these main characters, but I really think a standalone movie set in the OR era would be a breath of fresh air, and possibly an even better way of introducing the universe to a completely new generation. I mean, it really does have a good "familiar vs. strange" ratio that could seriously renew interest in Star Wars for a lot of people.

Well the plot was suppose to be a heist by bounty hunters going after the Death Star plans, so maybe these bounty hunters drink the Rebel kool-aid and sign up for the rebellion at the end -- founding Rogue Squadron. Maybe Wedge is the love interest. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my. That teaser proclaims "We've got next to nothing!" No wonder there was so much chat about the light saber crossguard. That was literally the only tidbit in there to talk about. Abrams has been over-promoted. I felt emotionally cheated by the last Star Trek and I expect to be taken advantage of the same way by this Star Wars. Regurgitated gimmicks without substance. Not that the previous movies' kid vader or teen vader made me feel much besides wanting to slap them, but there was still George's rosy glow around those movies that sort of made you feel it, like "I made this major production in my garage and some part of my vision still speaks to the soul!" The feeling I've been getting from J.J. has been more like "I'm worming my way into every major project in Hollywood and deflating everyone's expectations as I go, all the while experiencing wild success on account of my pact with the devil!" [end of bitterness]

I had a conversation with a friend about this the other day. Maybe I'm just butt-hurt about the dissolving of the EU, but I still think he will just "Regurgitat(ed) gimmicks without substance" too. Empire remnant and some cheesy super weapon.

Archived