Things you hate, that every one else seems to enjoy

peterbound

i don't like babies at all - they confuse and frighten me slightly - i don't hate them and obviously have nothing against babies i just don't know how to act around them and i don't think they're cute unless i'm related to them then they suddenly become okay

I don't understand how anyone can hate watermelon. It is perhaps the most unhateable thing on earth. It's like hating rainbows.

Maithanet,

I find it cloying in its sweetness. The smell gives me a headache. For that matter I don't care for melons in general.

I don't like melons at all either.

For me, eating watermelon is sort of like chewing on soggy, sweet cardboard. I also dislike the whole process of carving it, the juice mess, and covering it in salt.

I always get this same kind of reaction at warm weather gatherings. How can you not like watermelon?! It has reinforced my hate :P

I don't like melons at all either.

For me, eating watermelon is sort of like chewing on soggy, sweet cardboard. I also dislike the whole process of carving it, the juice mess, and covering it in salt.

I always get this same kind of reaction at warm weather gatherings. How can you not like watermelon?! It has reinforced my hate :P

I do not like watermelon, either.

Well then I guess the question is "why can't you just acknowledge that you're wrong?" I mean, it's ok, everybody is wrong sometimes, it's not a big deal. There's no need to revel in it. I once misspelled 'friend' in a second grade spelling bee, but I don't walk around telling people "no, it's F-R-E-I-N-D!" I mean, that would be silly.

Maithanet,

I suspect enjoying watermelon is no more objective than enjoying a well crafted beer or gormet caviar. It's simply not for everyone.

Sounds reasonable, but how much can I trust the judgement of someone who can't even enjoy a delicious watermelon?

Oh, I thought of another one: ThinkGeek and its merchandise. It's trite and I hate being pigeonholed. Plus, they never have the geeky stuff I actually want. Where's my Takeshi Kovacs shirt?

what's with not liking a shower? it's standing under hot water and rubbing one with cleanser?

Yeah, it's like washing dishes except it requires getting my whole body wet. It just feels like the biggest waste of time and even aside from the time, the thought of going from being clothed to being naked to being soaking wet to drying off to getting dressed, I dunno. It's a hassle.

Archived