Watch Watched and Watching: Episode X

AndyBaelish

Watched Kingsmen last night. It was so much fun, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an action movie as much as I enjoyed Kingsmen. I generally only watch fairly serious films, because I seem to get more out of them, but Kingsmen was excellent. Also, Colin Firth should be in everything.

Next up, Whiplash! These two movies coming out on the same weekend is a win.

Just saw John Wick. Great action movie. Best thing Keanu Reeves has done since the first Matrix imo.

I actually really love Constantine. As an adaptation of the comic it sucks but as a stand alone film I think it's fucking awesome - never understood all the bad reviews for it.

Keanu was also the best thing about that terrible The Day The Earth Stood Still remake.

I love him tbh. Really need to check out some of his newer films...

Seeing Birdman tomorrow morning and might try and catch Jupiter Ascending on Sunday. Looking forward to both very much

I've heard Ascending is not very good at all. We know you're going for Channing Tatum though, so it's all good.

I've heard Ascending is not very good at all. We know you're going for Channing Tatum though, so it's all good.

It was terrible. My gf and I had a proper laugh in the theater at some of the incredibly stupid moments. Still, it's very pretty to look at.

Can't wait to see Kingsman. That will be next weekend when I get back to NY.

Jupiter Ascending actually is a quite bad film. It is not meant really to be taken seriously. It is the filmic equivalent pretty much of the most pulpy space opera. It's a big, dumb, frankly ludicrous movie, but I actually rather liked it, even though it is the sort of film which after watching it you immediately forget.

There was some talk about it hurting Redmayne in the Oscar race but apparently he got through it just fine.If I was him and they deliberately pushed this movie back until Oscar time and cost me a statue I'd do to the Wachowski's what the studios are about to do to their budgets.

I actually really love Constantine. As an adaptation of the comic it sucks but as a stand alone film I think it's fucking awesome - never understood all the bad reviews for it.

Keanu was also the best thing about that terrible The Day The Earth Stood Still remake.

I love him tbh. Really need to check out some of his newer films...

I think A Scanner Darkly is the best of the post-Matrix Keanu Reeves films I've seen. I can't remember Constantine all that well now but I seem to remember thinking it was fairly good at the time, maybe I should rewatch it. I agree he was well cast in The Day The Earth Stood Still and I also agree everything else about the film was terrible.

Archived