Watch Watched and Watching: Episode X

AndyBaelish

The shows we have going right now are Justified, Banshee, and Black Sails... and we're giving 12 monkeys a shot... and Agent Carter because I'm a Marvel nerd..... we're also semi binging Strike Back...

the shows we have on our binge list are Turn, the Americans, Shameless... and probably a few others I cant think of right now

The shows we have going right now are Justified, Banshee, and Black Sails... and we're giving 12 monkeys a shot... and Agent Carter because I'm a Marvel nerd..... we're also semi binging Strike Back...

the shows we have on our binge list are Turn, the Americans, Shameless... and probably a few others I cant think of right now

I watched the pilot episode of The Americans yesterday and though it was pretty good. It has a lot of potential and I like spy movies and the 80's era so I will definitely continue with it. I've heard the first season is good and that the second season is a huge step up in quality. Well-written and with a lot of potentially interesting characters.

I watched the pilot episode of The Americans yesterday and though it was pretty good. It has a lot of potential and I like spy movies and the 80's era so I will definitely continue with it. I've heard the first season is good and that the second season is a huge step up in quality. Well-written and with a lot of potentially interesting characters.

One of the best, if not the best, shows on television right now. It's so good.

Thwarted by shitty public transport we failed to go and see Birdman yesterday. So instead we went to see Ex Machina today. I've always been a fan of Alex Garland and I really enjoyed this one. You could kind of see where it was ultimately going to go but it still asks a lot of questions. Also, WOWSER beautiful scenery. Wonder where it was filmed. I wonder if one of the reasons that Caleb was selected was that he showed a big lack of self-awareness. Personally I find this to be a huge character flaw and that guy had it written all over him. :)

Also halfway through S4 of Breaking Bad. I find that I have to 'be in the right mood' for watching it as it can be so bleak. But once I get going I can go through a few eps in one sitting. I also find it incredible that we have managed to get this far without anyone spoiling us. It's a miracle.

Also halfway through S4 of Breaking Bad. I find that I have to 'be in the right mood' for watching it as it can be so bleak. But once I get going I can go through a few eps in one sitting. I also find it incredible that we have managed to get this far without anyone spoiling us. It's a miracle.

I was the same way. Because of that I've never felt the desire to rewatch it (that and I think it's overrated because of its lack of realism).

Saw two movies.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... And Spring: This South Korean movie has been hailed as one of the absolutely best from that country and also among foreign movies in general. And this is one of those movies where I can see how some people would consider it great, but I myself wouldn't call it that. It is a beautiful movie, absolutely, and it is poignant, but the plot was almost non-existant. If you have a movie with barely any dialogue then you need a hook, something engaging to keep me in. And this movie was fine, but it never really grabbed me. One scene in particular, that I realised they wanted to be epic, and it was but it didn't move me as the intention was I think, but I also would have wanted something more from the movie. They use the same locales all the movie, and I get that that is what they'redoing, but I can't help but feel that they would have benefitted from having another place showing too.

Collateral: an okay thriller movie, with one exception. Tom Cruise was absolutely brilliant as a villain in this. He elevates the movie a point just by himself. He is such an acting talent, and I feel he's quite underrated just because people hate the way he is a as a person, and all his scientology stuff. He plays a grey haired hitman, who is cool, collected and quite clever too. Movies like this makes me wish Tom Cruise would take other roles than just the blockbusters he does nowadays, because if he wants he could make such great movies. Now I do enjoy his blockbusters, but it feels like he doesn't get to use all his talent in those. If you look at movies like Collateral, Magnolia and Interview with A Vampire you also see how brilliant he would be playing a villain. Make Tom Cruise a lead in the next P.T. Anderson or Arronofsky movie and we could get one helluva performance and movie.

One of the best, if not the best, shows on television right now. It's so good.

Yeah, it will be interesting too see them bring in side characters and see the plot widen.

I couldn't get into The Americans. I gave up about halfway through the first season.

The only thing I liked about the show was Keri Russel. The actors that play the husband and FBI agent did nothing for me as characters. I figured if I didn't like 2/3 of the main cast it just wasn't for me.

I've heard season 2 is significantly better though.

I couldn't get into The Americans. I gave up about halfway through the first season.

The only thing I liked about the show was Keri Russel. The actors that play the husband and FBI agent did nothing for me as characters. I figured if I didn't like 2/3 of the main cast it just wasn't for me.

I've heard season 2 is significantly better though.

Yeah, I watched like the first four episodes and lost interest.

I'm re-watching Deadwood as I wait out the blizzard. I just started season 2 and haven't watched this since it aired live(11 years from season 1, damn!). Excited for season 3 because I've never seen it.

Archived