Walking Dead Season 5 (Comic Spoilers)

Mark Antony

I thought the scene of the group walking with the dead behind them was great imagery of how the survivors are the real "walking dead". Then Rick had to go and spell it out after in the barn.

Also sniped some lines from band of brothers. Right around 1:40

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0J_4pLtxg

I liked this episode. I wonder if Aaron will have his partner with him and the show will introduce it's first gay characters. I read Jesus was showing up this season but I'm not sure if it was a reliable source. I hope it's true.

"I have some good news" - something might happen next week?

We have the walking dead and the talking dead but this episode showed you can't really have both simultaneously with people constantly stopping their walk for (despite a horde of zombies on their tail) for a dramatic/easier to film chat.

For the hater-haters this is just commentary on where the episode falls short in my opinion. I could put them in spoiler tags to avoid upset but I'm not going to go to yet another Walking dead thread for it (as we technically need another with hate and comic spoilers)

It's like Flash-heart said most of the imagery/themes they were trying to get across were usually ruined by hammering us over the head with it. Sometimes they need to trust the actors and directors a little more. Eg The preacher didn't have to throw his collar in the fire and his expression was enough at the rainfall not to have to shout "I beleive" (or whatever it was he said).

I like that they try and do something more every now and then but I think they need to get some better directors (AMC must have some of the breaking bad directors on call) if they want to try this. I'm not sure if anyone could have made the "let's hold hands and stop the hurricane" script work though. I was waiting for Daryl to clap his ruby slippers together and teleport them out of there. Special marks for baiting Daryl fans with his emo "I want to feel" smoking/breakdown scene.

They did get some moments right. The scene with the zombie in the boot/trunk of the car was really well-handled. It conjured up thoughts that I could tell were going through Maggie's head and we got to see her humanity in risking exposing themselves to risk to put a dead creature out of its misery in honour of the person it was. They also didn't ruin it by having Glen and Maggie spell the scene out for us. So I guess I can put up with a lot of the shows blunders as it's like the crew are learning while we are watching. If they get the hang of it we'll get the rewards further down the way. See, it's not all hate.

Is that baby drugged?

Probably just dehydrated.

I like how they made a point to not show the dog at all. No seeing dog get shot, no seeing dog be field dressed and prepared for cooking, no seeing identifiable parts of dog. Dead deer and humans is totally cool, but not dog. lol

They have to have some standards. It's not HBO!

This show is so fucking depressing and it looks like they're definitely going to show Maggie's attempted suicide from the comics this season.

Is there even one funny character on this show loll

Abraham is a cartoon character along with his sidekicks, Barbie and Kenny Powers so they always bring a laugh when I see them.

Well, I'm ready for Maggie to go away anyway, because I hope she doesn't think she is the only one hurting.

I couldn't help but watch Maggie's scenes thinking "this is going to upset the "how dare she have a breakdown upon her sister's death, the heartless bitch" crowd". I'd hate to have some of you folks at a wake :P

There were three people grieving that episode though and she wasn't endangering anyone with her grief. She was also spared the emo-awards nomination scene of Daryl.

Thankfully Davos shut the hate thread. I'll still try and put "hate" warnings up in future for those who get upset.

I wonder if the show being nihilistic causes people to hate it more than the average show? They may enjoy it but it puts them in a bad mood?

The show being nihilistic and depressing doesn't really bother me. It feels more real than some of the other stuff in the show.

I think the actors did a great job conveying the circumstances. Count me in as not enjoying the Rick speech much.

Even the dogs were great actors. At first I thought ye gawds like dogs would ever just get all gangster like that. But I guess if they are starving, wild and in a pack they could?

The thing that continues to get me Is the amazing accuracy with which they fire their weapons. I get it, nobody wants to see a bumbling doof missing their targets but I wouldn't mind every once in a while.

Daryl scalping the walker was pretty awesome. And I didn't mind his emo moment. I still hate his obviously dyed hair and blonde facial hair - why he can't push his hair off his face every now and again is a very strange irk of mine. All I can think of is that it may be beneficial for not getting pediculosis. Since they prefer clean hair. But ick.

I suppose it's going to be at least one more episode before we get to see Jesus. Next week will probably be a whole lotta talkin.

The show being nihilistic and depressing doesn't really bother me. It feels more real than some of the other stuff in the show.

I think the actors did a great job conveying the circumstances. Count me in as not enjoying the Rick speech much.

Even the dogs were great actors. At first I thought ye gawds like dogs would ever just get all gangster like that. But I guess if they are starving, wild and in a pack they could?

The thing that continues to get me Is the amazing accuracy with which they fire their weapons. I get it, nobody wants to see a bumbling doof missing their targets but I wouldn't mind every once in a while.

Daryl scalping the walker was pretty awesome. And I didn't mind his emo moment. I still hate his obviously dyed hair and blonde facial hair - why he can't push his hair off his face every now and again is a very strange irk of mine. All I can think of is that it may be beneficial for not getting pediculosis. Since they prefer clean hair. But ick.

I suppose it's going to be at least one more episode before we get to see Jesus. Next week will probably be a whole lotta talkin.

THANK YOU! That has bothered the heck out of me the last season or so.

It's always seemed odd to me that Carol's hair is meant to look natural but Daryl's is dyed darker than I think his natural color is. They are only a year or so apart in age in RL - so why doesn't Daryl have gray hair?

And we see Rick looking more and more unkept and Carl's hair seems to be looking more like the comic. If they encounter Alexandria soon I'm guessing Rick and the gang will shower and clean up, right? But how much you wanna bet Daryl's hair will remain the same? I hope I'm wrong.

I think it was extremely important that Gabriel uttered the "Thank you Lord" line under his breath, It highlighted and gave credence to the previous collar burning scene over his meal of dog.

He says "I'm sorry, my lord"

It's always seemed odd to me that Carol's hair is meant to look natural but Daryl's is dyed darker than I think his natural color is. They are only a year or so apart in age in RL - so why doesn't Daryl have gray hair?

And we see Rick looking more and more unkept and Carl's hair seems to be looking more like the comic. If they encounter Alexandria soon I'm guessing Rick and the gang will shower and clean up, right? But how much you wanna bet Daryl's hair will remain the same? I hope I'm wrong.

I've had grey hair since my early 20's....I wouldn't put too much stock in that particular detail.

I just read issue #137 of the comic and...damn. This Lydia is bad news. I feel it in mah bones. Also, I wonder if we'll ever get Cyclops Carl in the TV show. I doubt it, but it would be so great on so many levels if they did do it.

And as for the haterade being poured on the last episode (S5E10-Them), I can't relate at all. Rick's theory on survival clashing a bit with Daryl was interesting, and the visual of the storm bringing the group together, literally "US vs Them," was a wee bit heavy handed but I still enjoyed the sequence. And the aftermath of said storm was ridiculously, gruesomely cool. The understated reactions of Maggie and Sasha to the horror strewn before them was a brilliant contrast. And then we get Aaron (Is he an Alexandria scout?) at the tail end. Solid 8/10 score for this episode.

I've had grey hair since my early 20's....I wouldn't put too much stock in that particular detail.

I feel your pain. I started spotting grey hairs when I was a sophomore in college and I now have the hair of someone 20 years older than me. smh.

Feral domesticatied dog are really dangerous. No real fear of humans, they would be a big problem.

I'd also throw cats in there too. You don't want to think of it, but days of not being fed, and you are dead, well............... :unsure:

Cats don't care. There have been cases of an owner dying and their beloved pampered cats don't even wait a day until they started eating them. Dogs will sit by a corpse for several days and mourn it but cats will start feasting on you within a couple hours.

Any apocalypse realistically would have a huge problem with cats (unless it was an apocalypse that killed off all cats). I'd be much more worried about a pack of feral cats than dogs, as cats are mean as hell.

Cats don't care. There have been cases of an owner dying and their beloved pampered cats don't even wait a day until they started eating them. Dogs will sit by a corpse for several days and mourn it but cats will start feasting on you within a couple hours.

Any apocalypse realistically would have a huge problem with cats (unless it was an apocalypse that killed off all cats). I'd be much more worried about a pack of feral cats than dogs, as cats are mean as hell.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608004096403244701&pid=15.1&w=95&h=117&p=0

:D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my cat would eat me tomorrow. He lives in the kitchen.

Archived