Walking Dead Season 5 (Comic Spoilers)

Mark Antony

So, the show @midnight, hosted by Chris Hardwick, is usually a showcase for comedians, but two weeks ago they had a WD special with the actors who play Maggie and Eugene and Robert kirkman on as guests. There was a question asking for spoilers looking for joke answers which the actors provided, but when it came to Kirkman he said we would meet a character named Negan and described in detail how Glenn would meet the same fate as his comic counterpart.

I have to imagine that this means Glenn will not be dying anytime soon and the recent foreshadowing with bats, as in the season premiere and the Tyrese death episode, are simply playing with the expectations of readers. There is no way he would put that out there if it were true, right?

Rt 16? That's in southwest Virginia, 5 hours away from DC. If they were coming from Richmond, they'd be headed up I-95, or Rt. 1. Not to mention that the Richmond-DC corridor isn't that backwoods. How hard is it to get the details of roads correct?

Other than my irritation at the incorrect roads, there was some weird moments in this episode. When did the RV group pick up Eric? I assume he was the guy watching from behind the tractor. But it looked they all piled in the RV and the Caddy and were driving for quite a while (it's only about 1.5 hours from Richmond to DC, by the way) - why wasn't Aaron freaking out that they left his boyfriend behind at that point? Was he trailing behind in a 3rd car (the one they eventually used to make it there?) Of course, how would the two of them have brought 3 cars in the first place?

And I understand that they were trying to build tension for the viewers, so we wouldn't be sure about Aaron...but the applesauce...really? I mean, Rick is highly paranoid and has threatened to kill you several times already...just take a spoonful of the damn applesauce without putting up a fuss about it.

Rt 16? That's in southwest Virginia, 5 hours away from DC. If they were coming from Richmond, they'd be headed up I-95, or Rt. 1. Not to mention that the Richmond-DC corridor isn't that backwoods. How hard is it to get the details of roads correct?

Other than my irritation at the incorrect roads, there was some weird moments in this episode. When did the RV group pick up Eric? I assume he was the guy watching from behind the tractor. But it looked they all piled in the RV and the Caddy and were driving for quite a while (it's only about 1.5 hours from Richmond to DC, by the way) - why wasn't Aaron freaking out that they left his boyfriend behind at that point? Was he trailing behind in a 3rd car (the one they eventually used to make it there?) Of course, how would the two of them have brought 3 cars in the first place?

And I understand that they were trying to build tension for the viewers, so we wouldn't be sure about Aaron...but the applesauce...really? I mean, Rick is highly paranoid and has threatened to kill you several times already...just take a spoonful of the damn applesauce without putting up a fuss about it.

In Annapolis, and this area is basically swamp land, so lots of woods and foilage.

On 32 by the NSA, its slaughter highway with all the deer.

I don't think they had been driving long as they had only just got on route 23 when they ran into the zombie herd. Eric shot off a flare and Rick and co figured the RV would go to the flare, so that's where they picked him up from. The missing info, I think is which way the RV was initially going. I would assume Eric and Aaron have several working vehicles spread throughout the area where they are scouting so Aaron would necessarily be freaking out about his boyfriend...until that flare went off.

Also, having an Eric, Aaron and Rick in one scene can be a tongue twister.

It took me a second to figure out that Aaron was freaking out about the flare because Erick set it off. I thought it was the group at first.

I didn't see Gabriel. Maybe he had a day off?

I think my favorite part of this EP was the shot of Rick standing there with judith in one arm and his gun in the other. My kinda dad right there.

I also liked the nod to Dale. I think we will see a lot of happiness between Maggie and Glenn while they get to play house for a while. Then it will get yanked away.

Curious to know the buddy system for the housing. Rick/Michonne & daryl/Carol :leer:

Great episode. I thought they played the tension of whether Aaron was legit or not was handled excellently. Even knowing how it plays out (assuming comics are the same) I was still in agreement with Rick's actions. I liked Carol's "Even though you were wrong you were right" although she was pretty quiet for the rest of the ep (I guess she lets Rick do the talking when they are in agreement). Michonne seems to have become the voice of reason and is carrying that torch - it makes sense as she's been slowly moving that way ever since the character started talking in sentences.

Glen has an air of doom around him which could just be the comics causing prejudice but I have a feeling they'll introduce him to Lucille before season's end. Especially if he gets to play family in Alexandria.

Aaron and Eric was a bit on the nose but I guess with American audiences (especially of survivalist gun toting TV kind) probably shouldn't be left any wriggle room for saying "they're just friends". I was hoping it would win Rick over but I guess he's really that untrusting these days. I hope they imitate the comics with Rick and co essentially being the villains for the next arc.

Like I said strong episode and no real nitpicks. They played to their strengths

That episode was actually....good? I can't remember the last time I've been able to say that about TWD, though if the season ends with "oh they're evil after all" I'll be pretty mad.

yeah I liked this ep, probably the best one since the one where they killed Greth and all the other cannibals

Ok so freshen my memory a bit, its been a while since i read this part in the comics, Isn't Alexandria where Ezequiel is like the King? I thought they were in a community before that and the leader was an old man , then negan happens and then comes all out war ? Or they skipping and going right into Alexandria , im confused a bit... Lost in timeline haha

Archived