Walking Dead Season 5 (Comic Spoilers)

Mark Antony

He was the last bit of pure humanity they had left. And so as the life drained from him, the humanity drained from the group.

So that merits a decent goodbye all around.

I'm not sure that 'inability to accept the new status quo' indicates some form of "pure humanity". His mantra was more "I don't want to be doing this" rather than "this is immoral".

The group is still questioning the bad things they've done. That's plenty of humanity going around.

That was intense, and different. Powerful in some ways and a misfire in others - I didn't really think Tyrese's connection to the Governor was great enough to warrant so much screen time and yet not a peep from Karen.

And I hope that stylistically this is a standalone episode and not the change that was talked about in some interviews prior to this premiere. A swan song for Tyrese, who wasn't nearly as bad ass as he was in the comics, but I still liked him well enough.

Soooo, Noahs development where he grew up I'm assuming was attacked given the dismembered zombies and Tyreese's flashbacks of the Rawanda massacres? A harbinger of Nagan?

I'm not sure if it's Negan or another group or Negan merged with another group. There was the graffiti, "the Wolves are near"(?) and those weird torso-head zombies had W's carved in their foreheads. At the same time, Noah's mother's head was bashed in quite clearly by a baseball bat.

I wondered why she didn't make an appearance.

For as important as she was to him it was a strange omission. Everyone still had their death-wounds in the room so I can understand not having burned up Karen sitting there, but in the Suburban they were all cleaned up.

I'm not sure if it's Negan or another group or Negan merged with another group. There was the graffiti, "the Wolves are near"(?) and those weird torso-head zombies had W's carved in their foreheads. At the same time, Noah's mother's head was bashed in quite clearly by a baseball bat.

For as important as she was to him it was a strange omission. Everyone still had their death-wounds in the room so I can understand not having burned up Karen sitting there, but in the Suburban they were all cleaned up.

That's what I thought. And with the machete deaths, it seems clear these were human attacks and not zombie.

That was intense, and different. Powerful in some ways and a misfire in others - I didn't really think Tyrese's connection to the Governor was great enough to warrant so much screen time and yet not a peep from Karen.

And I hope that stylistically this is a standalone episode and not the change that was talked about in some interviews prior to this premiere. A swan song for Tyrese, who wasn't nearly as bad ass as he was in the comics, but I still liked him well enough.

He has to reincarnate as the Butcher of Anderson station in "the expanse"

Man, that was a weird episode. And Noah is now indirectly responsible for the deaths of two of our main characters.

I honestly have no idea why I keep watching this show. Since Season 4, it has been rather difficult for me to immerse myself in this world or to sympathize with most of the characters. And the formula has gotten so transparent. Almost every time a (expendable) character gets "a moment" or a short storyline, you know he's not gonna make it. The writers of Walking Dead need to realize that the death of a character alone does not equal compelling drama. There is much more to it. They've been killing characters left and right since the beginning, but by now, it has become just repetitive, predictable and uninspired.

The only part I found myself reacting to was Glenn picking up the baseball bat. That made me bristle a bit.

This felt like a very strange way to kick off a return. It felt very slow and unfamiliar. The cameos were off putting to me and with the way the episode seemed to want to go in an artistic direction - for some reason the shot of the zombie ladies head exploding and the weird torsos flying around seemed... Cheap? It didn't sit right with me.

Probably the first episode I was more excited to watch Downton Abby. Hopefully next week will be better.

Edit:

Watching the TD and now I'm wondering if I should rewatch the episode again. Maybe I'm not watching it with the right perspective.

Ruined Tyrese's character for me anyways, didn't feel affected by his death at all. Episode was weird, boring and seriously.....what's the point of having a character hallucinate others for 30 minutes, telling him stuff, only to make him die right after? Seemed like "filler" to me. lol

This show went from my 2nd favorite show ever (season 1-2 and half of 3) to being a show i only watch because i've already invested 4 seasons into it.

Ruined Tyrese's character for me anyways, didn't feel affected by his death at all. Episode was weird, boring and seriously.....what's the point of having a character hallucinate others for 30 minutes, telling him stuff, only to make hime die right after? lol

This show went from my 2nd favorite show ever (season 1-2 and half of 3) to being a show i only watch because i've already invested 4 seasons into it.

I'm only watching because I've invested in it at this point as well.

I'll never understand that point of view. If you don't like a show, who gives a shit how much time you've invested in it. Walk away and do something better with your time.

Unless watching said show and then complaining online about it is that "something better" with your time, in which case... uh, I'm sorry.

Archived