Watch, Watched, Watching: The D Is Silent

Nox Irradiata

Just watched Calvary. Didn't think anyone would top Gylennhaal in Nightcrawler for me (as far as 2014 lead performances) but Gleeson might just get the nod barely, amazing showing from him.

Yeah, I agree. Calvary was one of my favourite films of last year and Brendan Gleeson's strong performance was definitely the best thing about it. He should have gotten all the awards (in a just world and all that).

Watching Blade Runner, in Theda's honor. :cheers:

ive never seen that either :O was gonna watch it one day but didn't know what version to watch

Really liked it. Strong cast all around. I can see why this would have helped land Craig the role of Bond too.

And that ending.....:O

Welcome to the Layer Cake son :D really fun movie

Second season of the Danish show Borgen. So good. Some parts are quite painful to watch, but I find it really realistic. As much of an asshole one of the main characters is, you kind of get where he is coming from once you know his backstory ...

I watched Going Clear: Scientology and it seems these people are worse than I imagined. It's a pretty eye-opening documentary and I recommend to all. I didn't know all that much about scientology or LRH(their words) and it's pretty insane to see the results of what he started so many years ago.

I watched it last Saturday and I was completely engrossed by it. Seeing how and why it got started and how it has evolved sense it's incredible and it makes me wonder if this is how other religions got started as well. The dedication and blind allegiance of some of its members is really hard to understand for me, but I can see why people would go to such extremes for the things they believe in. Looking it at from the outside the stuff they were asked and forced to do is crazy.

It's definitely a must watch documentary.

Binged on the first season of Peaky Blinders :D This show is damn good :) I suspect season two won't last for more than a few days, so I have to ask, is there any news on the release date of season three? :)

Binged on the first season of Peaky Blinders :D This show is damn good :) I suspect season two won't last for more than a few days, so I have to ask, is there any news on the release date of season three? :)

I thought season one was just okay if you liked that then you will probably love season two. Have you watched Boardwalk Empire?

Going to start The Knick

Archived