[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread...

Interesting.....I saw the Dany/Drogon scene more as he somehow sensed she needed to see him. When he started crawling down towards her it looked really endearing to me. He almost seemed to be purring. The way he flew away right before she touched him might make more sense with him feeling her out though.

My previous comment was a bit of a joke, but he actually is kind of taking on some of Quaithe's role, as I see it. Sort of a "remember who you are" type thing. He is reminding her who she is, but she's still in her floppy ears right now. Until she casts them off, she cannot embrace who she is. I did kind of get a bit of the Quaithe scene vibe there (minus the Pale Mare but, obviously)

• Jon's reaction to Lyanna Mormont's Letter

I liked Aemon casting the deciding vote

Gilly & Shireen scene was sweet

Sam making Janos look like an idiot

Pod falling off his horse

The Small Council scene - no matter the make up of these meetings all the actors seem to nail it with their facial expressions and reactions

Kevan being a total boss though I wish he'd left in his knowledge of the incest

Barristan telling Dany about her dad

For the most part the calibre of actors they get in the roles whether it's a starring role or just an extra is of such a high quality. The guy who played Mossodor was excellent

The hope that Arya finally gets to get changed into something else after 3 seasons in the current outfit

Thanks again for this thread, being a book reader for over 10 years I still dont understand the hate and venom some people throw at the show.

Positivity is nice!

Anyway, loved Dany hearing about her dad and a looking almost scared, loved seeing a vulnerable side of Dany. Badass queen is cool, but she does have other sides to her character we havent seen much of for a while!

Loved Mormonts letter, maybe we will see some women of Bear Island this season??

Also loved Kevin. Nuff said.

Overall a strong ep 2.

Show Thorne keeps kicking book Thorne in the ass.

Partly because they got one of those veteran British character actors who seem to specialize in walk-off home runs with every scene, partly because they keep writing him much better.

did it seem like alliser thorne & jon ended their beef during that election scene?

No, Thorne was just playing it smart IMO. He definitely didn't look happy with the results. Difference in the show is I think his fears about Jon as LC are totally sincere.

No, Thorne was just playing it smart IMO. He definitely didn't look happy with the results. Difference in the show is I think his fears about Jon as LC are totally sincere.

To be fair, he's not completely wrong.

(Thorne is one of the few character that while not better, his portrayal and differences work, so, no complains)

When Jaime leaves the capital after Tywins funeral, he has encounters with House Bracken and Blackwood right? One or the other, or both. Can't remember. I thought it might have been a slight nod to book readers when he informed Bronn that Lollys would marry a Bracken. Idk, maybe Im way off. Haha.

Lyanna Mormont was a nice touch.

Quickness of the LC electon

Merging of Ellaria Sand and Arianne Martell? Hmmm.

Kevan telling Cersei to fuck off.

Sansas black hair.

When Jaime leaves the capital after Tywins funeral, he has encounters with House Bracken and Blackwood right? One or the other, or both. Can't remember. I thought it might have been a slight nod to book readers when he informed Bronn that Lollys would marry a Bracken. Idk, maybe Im way off. Haha.

Yep. Happens in Dance. He went on to make them surrender and take hostages. He also learns about their rivalries.

One thing I liked was Daenerys taking off her "badass strong queen" hat and showing her "normal human being" side. Her moment with Barristan, while some people felt rushed, I felt strong and good. Also her mixed feelings during the execution were well-handled.

Scenes in the wall as a whole are good. Alliser Thorne is one of the characters that work the most in the TV show.

:agree:

Well, it is not a competition anyway. I myself participate in both threads. There are things I like and things I don't in this show since season 2. This season so far had more things I don't like. Which does not mean I think everybody should agree with me, nor that I will stop watching. People have been disagreeing about things since these forums were born, I think we should start to learn to respect different points of view without feelings offended or something like that by them.

Shireen and Stannis was one of the most touching scenes in the books and I can only hope that they are not building up our emotions to enhance the impact if Shireen should get burned. That would be more horribly heartbreaking for me than any Ramsay treatment for anyone.

And they mentioned the Grey Men. Now we already know from the trailers that something like the sorrows is going to happen. I will be very happy if the show can capture grisly magical poetry of that travel.

I actually really quite enjoyed the episode. Granted, I was talking to a friend the whole time so I missed a lot of dialogue, but several parts really made me happy:

- Lollys, and the nod to Bronn's masterplan to get Castle Stokeworth.

- Mormont Stark pride
- Shireen with Gilly (I can't help but love show Sam and Gilly)
- Kevan not recognising Cersei's authority

- A rare reminder that Cersei is in fact a horrible person through the dwarf head scene

Lots of small book moments that I really appreciate them including, although the Bronn thing made me sad when I realised that we're probably not ever going to see Bronn's ambition come to fruition.

I honestly had nothing good to say about the last episode, but I really have nothing bad to say about this one at this point!

-I continue to enjoy the show's portrayal of Shireen, Selyse, Gilly and Thorne. They kinda passed me by when I read the books.

-Probably the best Daenerys episode in a while. Glad to see Barristan tell her the truth about her father

-Liked the Bronn and Lollys scene. Pity we probably won't see her again.

-Enjoying the comic value of Brienne constantly running into the Starks by accident. Fuly expecting her to be sitting around the campfire with Rickon and Osha next week, followed by her stumbling into Bran's cave the next and finding Benjen on the way back.

I loved Dany's reaction to Drogon. That scene proved to me that Emilia Clarke can act, and it's the directors and writers that fuck up most of her scenes.

:agree:

I'm sure she has messed up some scenes on her own, but yes, I would agree the the majority of the fault lies with the writing/ directing.

Archived