Mad Max- Fury Road

AndyBaelish

I... feel bad for you. You saw a picture of

the guitar player

and it completely ruined the film for you? That seems like a horrible way to live.

... Do you even read bro? I greatly enjoyed it, but I could have enjoyed it even more without the needless minor spoilers.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how that could be upsetting. What were you expecting going in having had seen the picture?

I read descriptions and I just expected more. Bigger, more infernal, more impressive. Inevitably, the movie's guitar couldn't really live up to that mental image.

I'm having trouble relating. Like, at all. You saw a picture of something, and your own imagination took you so far off on a tangent that when you saw the full scene it was a letdown? Not trying to tell you how you feel or anything, but is it possible that you weren't going to be impressed with the guitar guy anyways?

I'm having trouble relating. Like, at all. You saw a picture of something, and your own imagination took you so far off on a tangent that when you saw the full scene it was a letdown? Not trying to tell you how you feel or anything, but is it possible that you weren't going to be impressed with the

guitar guy

anyways?

Again, where did you get the picture idea from. I read at least three different reviews where they were foregrounding

guitar dude

like the second coming of Christ. In the end, what took place on screen was - not surprisingly - underwhelming. Since, the people I went to see it with all had the Guitar guy as one of their favourite moments and we share similar taste in these type of films, I'm pretty sure the fact that they didn't know what was coming greatly enhanced their viewingpleasure in this regard. It's harldy rocket science.

I'm still not understanding. Not trying to be a bitch, but I really just don't get it. I'm imagining the episode of 'The Big Bang Theory' when Sheldon gets upset and declares that his comic book has been 'spoiled and ruined' because another character tells him that it's a really good one.

It's a minor spoiler, but it's still a spoiler. Your point about reviews is wrong by the way. Most of us check those out before we watch a movie, so spoilers should be avoided, unless it's a specific spoilerreview. That includes flagposting a kick-ass character, because so often what contributes to making a character kick-ass is the surprise because you weren't looking for them. You ruin that by telling the audience about them. If a professional reviewers absolutely needs to gush about something, he should just make an addition spoilerreview or make steps to clearly mark his spoiler.

I don't want to get into a huge back and forth over spoilers. Suffice to say that what is and is not a spoiler is an entirely subjective assessment with a spectrum ranging from "I don't care about spoilers you can tell me anything" at one end to "I don't even want to know what the movie's called" at the other and people are entirely entitled to sit wherever they personally choose on that spectrum. That said there does appear to be a rough, rough, extremely rough consensus of what is ok in a spoiler-free review or a public forum and, based on what you're saying, your personal taste seems to lie on the repressive side of that consensus--meaning you consider things to be spoilers which most others do not. I'm not "wrong" about reviews, because I'm not making any specific claim about reviews. All I'm saying is that if you wish to avoid details about the film to the extent that you say then really the only way that's going to happen is if you avoid reviews and trailers and public discussion of the film, otherwise you are going to learn stuff you don't want to know. Asking people to put the words "guitar dude" in spoiler tags is, in my opinion, as step too far.

Loved everything about the movie except the goddamn color grading that make everything look like a orange and teal video game.

The "night" scenes were especially egregious in that regard.

It made everything look a bit too vivid and polished- even things are supposed to look grimy, dusty or dirty.. didn't really come across well at all. I wish color treatment would've been a bit more subtle.

When it comes to the artistic effects, I wasn't a fan of the sped up images, but I had no problem with the color grading.

Great movie. Watched it earlier. I think Max was great in it tbh! I actually really liked Hardy's characterisation!

I personally thought that Max was the Piper Chapman of this film.

It's totally about everyone else and their weird, moving stories and he's just there stoic and kicking ass.

I personally thought that Max was the Piper Chapman of this film.

It's totally about everyone else and their weird, moving stories and he's just there stoic and kicking ass.

It's not like he talked much in Road Warrior anyway, this was pretty similar tbh.

What the fuck did I just witness?!!? :stunned:

That was the most metal thing I have ever seen...

lmao I know right, I started cackling as soon as guitar guy appeared

I think the low key world building helped my enjoyment a lot. I mean the main antagonists could just have been the generic raider types you see in a lot of post apocalypse stuff instead we get a nice uniqueness to them what with the spray paint huffing/Valhalla/"Witness Me!"-ing and the praying in the shape of a V8 puts it yonks ahead of other stuff.

On the sequel front. I'd be glad for more but hopefully its different enough that it doesn't just feel like the usual retreading most action sequels are becoming

Archived