(Spoilers) HBO's True Detective Season 2

Mark Antony

That's even more pathetic than Benioff & Weiss inserting that awful scene into GoT where Tyrion describes his fascination with cousin Orson Lannister's smashing of beetles. This was apparently revenge for Orson Scott Card publicly declaring his hatred of the TV adaptation.

Certainly - it's not as on the nose (I'd never have made the connection) and as far as I know, the two parties haven't worked together on something. It's like JJ Abraham having a GRRM analogue in star wars complaining about not liking how the rebellion ended and Han saying "at least we ended it".

True Detective S2 currently has a 61 on Metacritic with 25 reviews in which is not terrible overall but surely disappointing for a prestige drama like this.

ETA: Interesting to note though: Metacritic breaks their reviews down into "posiitve," "mixed," and "negative." It as 12 positives, 13 mixed but zero negatives.

The reviews could be far worse and I'm still watching this. Will I watch beyond 2 episodes? That depends. I'll try and watch it as a new cop show rather than TD.2.

Waiting patiently for golf to be over so I can watch this. McC and Harrelson will be hard to top though. Been a super fan of Harrelson since Natural Born Killers and (don't laugh) White Men Can't Jump. Just rewatched Zombieland the other week too!

Edited to fix my autocorrects I'm on mobile.

Okay so that was no female-antlered-human-corpse premiere, but I'll remain patient.

I like the four PoV angle (opposed to two) that they're taking. I was confused about why Kitsch's character was suspended... Colin Farrell beating down that dad was mildly entertaining.

First episode was just decent. Basically this episode just beat us over the head with how "lost" these people are right now, with Colin Farrell's character being way too over the top.

Pretty sure the actress he pulled over said he was the one who solicited a blowjob and since he has a dark past from his mercenary work, or something, they pulled him off the job until it cools down.

So. That was good. Not as strong acting as I hoped, but still worth my time. We do have a new "ginger", which is kinda hilarious with all the attention "ginger" got in s1. Stand out for me, since I'm not a big fan is Colin Farrell. His character is believable in all its fuckedupness. This season has alot to live up to, it's older brother was a superstar.

It was alright. I didn't find it all compelling as none of the characters, nor the central mystery, are all that interesting right now. I do hope it gets significantly better though so will definitely continue to watch.

First episode with alot of character introduction, hell of a lot more than the first season. I'm not quite sure what people are expecting but last year took some episodes to get rolling. It took about 3-4 episodes before I was absolutely hooked. I thought the intro went well and expect this to continue. I'm tuned into next week.

This series is a narrative tale. Take a breath and let things develop.

Colin Farrell's character being way too over the top.

Yeah he definitely was, hope he's toned down a bit in future eps.

The dialogue was all over the place, probably my biggest complaint, also thought Vince Vaughn was pretty underwhelming.

Other than that it was decent. It was really well shot I thought and that was obviously a big worry for everyone since there is no Fukunaga this season. I especially loved that final shot of the crime scene and the sunrise. The score was also on point. So yeah mixed bag but definitely intrigued.

First episode was just decent. Basically this episode just beat us over the head with how "lost" these people are right now, with Colin Farrell's character being way too over the top.

Pretty sure the actress he pulled over said he was the one who solicited a blowjob and since he has a dark past from his mercenary work, or something, they pulled him off the job until it cools down.

I have to agree with pushing the characters. I like the broader focus on the corruption of government and some portrayals of California life, but the movie star blow job solicitation was a little too Ray Donovan. I'm intrigued and will continue watching to see where it goes. Plus, Rachel McAdams and Kelly Reilly deserve and hour of my time.

Archived