[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Repercussion II

Ran

I'm really starting to wonder when these two guys are going to have to stop hiding behind HBO filmed "Inside the Episodes" and old stock interviews that were given during filming, as opposed to having to answer questions NOW.........with all the holes in their work becoming more noticeable and mentioned out in the Big Wide World and Web?

Things like that Oxford Q&A come around as often as Halley's comet.

Sam's mum, sister, and brother are being cast... I wonder if this is yet another invented plot where we'll get to waste tons of time next year.

So looks like Sam won't be going to the Citadel when he leaves the Wall? He can't really run away right? That'd be breaking his vows so how will they justify him going home to Horn Hill?

Sam's mum, sister, and brother are being cast... I wonder if this is yet another invented plot where we'll get to waste tons of time next year.

.... more soapiness.

Will Gilly be accepted by Sam's family? Will baby San finally be safe? And how will the sophisticated Tarlys handle their wildling daughter in law?

Find out in One Horn Hill!

So looks like Sam won't be going to the Citadel when he leaves the Wall? He can't really run away right? That'd be breaking his vows so how will they justify him going home to Horn Hill?

If Euron is cast for next year then he probably will, he will leave w/Gilly and drop her at Horn Hill and go to Oldtown....but I guess Jon won't send him, he will desert, LOL, but it won't matter because: reasons.

Seriously I've seen people excited by the Tarys being cast but it got a resounded meh from me. Cautiously excited about Euron and the possibility of Ned/Robert flashbacks

That is so subjective, though! They're both very pretty, but I personally think Aimee is prettier. I'd heard it was because they needed a more experienced actor because Myrcella was going to have a bigger role this year. And not only that didn't happen - yet anyway - but I haven't seen anything that would justify assuming Richardson would be out of her depth.

I think whenever they can keep the original/same actor then it should be done. They even had a Jeyne Poole in season one, who was the actress and why not bring her back?

1)Sansa WF arc is still freaking me out, but now at least Sansa turns into Skyler 2.0 from Breaking Bad again, calling Ramsey "Bastard" to his face. yeah, sure.

2)Dorne...this is emberassing. the plots they make up themselves are horrible beyond reason

3)LF and the Queen of Thorns get more dumbed down, killing again two sly and intelligent players of the books

4)the fighting pits looked ....small and not worthy to call them that. also Dany sits in striking range of some slave gladiators. yeah. Tyrion meeting Dany kinda feeling rushed, but they prolly needed the screen time for random sex scenes and other crappy fillers

5)i WAS expecting Sam/Gilly/Aemons travelings get maimed, but forcing it by using rape on us? meh. Ghost not with Jon and coming for the rescue? hello, typical hollywood nonsens

6)Stannis scenes felt rushed and poorly executed

omg,

i hope GRRM feels ashamed to have allowed them to ruin his story.

oh wait, he is busy writing useless spin-offs and attending cons in the time he could worry or continue his story.

that beeing said,

i must wash that trash out of my brain asap and will do a reread

.... more soapiness.

Will Gilly be accepted by Sam's family? Will baby San finally be safe? And how will the sophisticated Tarlys handle their wildling daughter in law?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

Seriously I've seen people excited by the Tarys being cast but it got a resounded meh from me. Cautiously excited about Euron and the possibility of Ned/Robert flashbacks

Yeah, I assumed the 'large boy' was supposed to be Robert too.

.... more soapiness.

LOL brilliant

one good thing about this casting call news

we can now officially put the EURON=DARRIO theory behind us all

As much as I disagree with that theory, I don't think we can really use the show to "predict' anything remotely anymore, except for the broadest of broadest definitions of the same ending.

This is ENDEMIC of this season. A thing happens then is IMMEDIATELY forgotten.

It was the same last season: the Hound and his code not to steal, next ep he's stealing - and breaking guest rights; Tommen's room is supposedly super guarded, but Marge sneaks in without problems...

One particular thing I didn't like about this episode was how Tyrion convinced the slave masters to buy him. In the books he has quite a bit of worth as a curiosity in a grotesquery, or as a fool and Tyrion uses his wit and charm to big himself up and then convinces them to buy Jorah as well by spinning the tale of their double act. It was a good display of Tyrion's people skills. Here Tyrion beats up a slaver and apparently that makes him worth buying for the fighting pits - only he's not actually used in the pits at all.

This just confused me because it seems they chose to do something halfway between making him a fighter and a jester. The slaver says he's funny, Tyrion beats the dude down, and Yezzan (why keep the name if you're not going to keep anything else about his character?) says "You're right, he's funny." when he buys him. So why not have him use his famous wit and just be taken on as a jester or something? Why the lame "beat the weakest, most cowardly guard ever with a chain" direction?

Well you saw their genius quote on it, right?

Benioff: Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen.

From (x)

This may have just supplanted the Dave Hill promoted to writer anecdote as the most D&D thing I have ever heard. It should be the tagline of the show and they should just loop audio of it across the commentary for every episode.

As much as I disagree with that theory, I don't think we can really use the show to "predict' anything remotely anymore, except for the broadest of broadest definitions of the same ending.

Seriously ..,

so we cant even diagree a theory where one persons is hiding with different identity when they cast two different actors for those said characters

then i do hope people can stop talking about this R+L=J clues and foreshadowing the show is giving away ...

Still no Northern lords. I don't get it.

Is it possible that they play no role in the end game of getting the Starks back in Winterfell?

Given how badly they'e done w/the Sand Snakes, I don't have much hope for Euron Greyjoy, but if he plays a major role maybe.

:crying: :crying:

I really keep getting disappointed. Why I keep hoping for some Northern Lords I really don't understand. When I heared Sansa saying in the promo of episode 7 she still had friends in the North I hoped she meant some real old friends and not old woman (and Brienne! Oh, joy). And also when Stannis said his mercenaries were gone, ... please say, you have the idea to get the support of Northern Lords. Please... Big Bucket? Manderley? Glover? :crying: :crying: The only they kept of the Winterfell is the really most painfull and disgusting part (Sansa/Jeyne) but the best parts of the story was the intrigue of the Northern Lords? (I actually keep repeating this rant. I really cannot get over this. I was so excited to see this part of DwD on screen)

This remembers however I said once we should at least get Lyanna's letter because it was a stupid a letter and you should not cast someone for this. Another poster said I was wrong because none of the watchers would be able to place her (?), but I was right (I must however admit it could not console me)

What do you expect when there is a thread dedicated to one of the Sand Fakes taking off her clothes?

Excuse you, I made that thread! And it's the most beautiful thread in the world, I'll have you know.

Archived