[spoilers] True Detective Season 2: Like blue balls in our hearts

Kat

It did seem strange to me, or just unreasonably unlucky that Crooked Cop Cromwell just happened to be lying in wait for Woodrough at the one exit he left at in a network of tunnels that supposedly ran throughout the city. 

It did seem strange to me, or just unreasonably unlucky that Crooked Cop Cromwell just happened to be lying in wait for Woodrough at the one exit he left at in a network of tunnels that supposedly ran throughout the city. 

That occurred to me too, but I have long since stopped expecting this show to have plot events properly set up and developed and follow a consistent pattern of logic. Things happen because the plot needs them to happen.

The only thing that makes sense is that the police chief called someone and told them which direction homeboy was heading in, but yeah, that scene made very little sense. which is why i wasn't expecting him to get shot. once he stepped through the door without spotlights and red dots all over him i figured he was aight. 

Yeah, that seemed off. I don't blame the show for that coincidence, its a fairly common issue with a lot of movies and TV shows to have people just happen to show up in the right place at the right time for surprise! moments.

Isn't that, assuming Laura(?) is the Birdman? She would fit, but I don't remember getting it beat over my head that she is the one.

I was way off apparently because I assumed it was Cromwell or another cop.

Isn't that, assuming Laura(?) is the Birdman? She would fit, but I don't remember getting it beat over my head that she is the one.

Ok I'm glad it wasn't just me who didn't remember that. I remember they established she might be the orphan girl.

I thought Cromwell was the birdman too for a minute. But then I watched episode one again and the birdman is driving Casper around while Cromwell is shown at the office. So assuming everything was shown chronologically, it can't be him. 

Edit: if it is the orphan girl/secretary how is that "no real surprise?"

I thought the girl killed Casper, but Cromwell was Birdman. Not that they were working together, just that he found the body and decided to drive it out to the highway for whatever reason (maybe thinking someone else killed Casper and he was trying to throw people off the trail?)

Main reason I don't think she's Birdman is because I don't see why she'd use riot shells on Velcoro. It makes sense why Cromwell would; not wanting to kill a fellow officer who wasn't a threat. It doesn't make sense why she wouldn't, if anything she'd welcome the chance to kill another dirty cop.

Someone here actually called it after episode three when she was introduced, i believe. good call. 

Wait, who's the orphan girl?

Casper's ex assistant.

Could Cromwell be her brother, or is the age difference too great?

Also, i watched the scene where Casper's corpse is being taken for a ride, and then watched in slow motion as the driver gets into the car. It appears, that whoever the driver is, they have light colored hair. I must be bored or something because i honestly don;t really even care haha. 

who is the dude?

He was working on that Asian directors movie set and was interviewed by Velcoro in one of the earlier episodes. Casperes assistant (orphan girl) stops and talks to him for a second as the scene ends. I think this season might be pretty rewarding on a rewatch :dunno:

Check out In Bruges for an awesome Farrell performance. It's a good movie and he kills it.

Vastly underestimated actor. I'd put him up there with Jason Statham as really really talented people who've made some terrible career choices.

Archived