X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

39 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Bryan Singer directed this one.

I know. I know he is respected for his work, and his Xmen movies get a lot of praise, but I don't think he's really managed to really nail an Xmen movie yet. I think Vaughn did a better job, even if I think First Class is a really patchy bit of work.

4 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

If you mean Logan.. THANK GOD he's not in it. The X-Men have become far too Wolverine focused, to the point where its now pretty boring. Lets give the others a chance.

I agree that there should be less focus on Wolverine. But not to have him at all in a fight against Apocalypse is just like how the Avengers fail to show up in all the standalone Marvel movies. The line "the world needs the X-Men" makes me think that Wolverine should be a part of this.

34 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I agree that there should be less focus on Wolverine. But not to have him at all in a fight against Apocalypse is just like how the Avengers fail to show up in all the standalone Marvel movies. The line "the world needs the X-Men" makes me think that Wolverine should be a part of this.

It all depends on what Mystique did with him after she fished him out of the Potomac at the end of DoFP.   The Wolverine who came out of the water had no knowledge of the X-men at that point.   So did she just release him and he joined the X-men later as a History teacher, or was he recruited on the spot.

it's interesting to speculate on where he is in this new timeline. Is he in a forest or is he cagefighting? Did he ever go to Japan (isn't the Wolverine technically the most contemporary X-film to date?) in the new timeline?

Maybe Apocalypse takes him out at the start of the film? Maybe Wolverine is the current host of Apocalypse? I think he possesses people in the film so posessing someone with a healing factor would help. Wouldn't explain how he potentially grows but maybe Apoc brings that with him?

You also have him waking up in the present in DoFP and he sees Beast, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, and the Professor at the school, so that does that mean they will all survive their encounter with Apocalypse in the 1980's, or will we be moving into a third time line?

1 hour ago, Leofric said:

You also have him waking up in the present in DoFP and he sees Beast, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, and the Professor at the school, so that does that mean they will all survive their encounter with Apocalypse in the 1980's, or will we be moving into a third time line?

It should be the same timeline unless Apocalypse uses time travel. As I recall Logan didn't see Havok or Jubilee in the future and those are the two I've seen people speculating won't make it. 

I dunno...i'll definitely go see it but these trailers aren't doing much for me, they're quite... campy?

8 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

If you mean Logan.. THANK GOD he's not in it. The X-Men have become far too Wolverine focused, to the point where its now pretty boring. Lets give the others a chance.

Agree with you though i'd still take Wolverine orientated over Jennifer Lawrence. But hey at least she was actually blue for a split second in the new trailer.

12 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Well he will still have saved that Japanese fellows life as he did that in WW2. Who knows, maybe we'll get a decent Silver Samurai, stranger things have happened.

Yeah, so in that case I guess he'd still get invited over so it'd probably still happen, Shame. I'll pretended the timeline had a better finale.

10 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

with non Mystique, Mystique. Good thing MacAvoy doesn't have a problem with wheelchairs and wigs or Prof X would be walking and hairy.

You know, I have no idea why people seem so upset at Jennifer Lawrence personally over the fact that Fox wants to maximise profits from its movie by pushing the better known actors into the foreground. When they did it with Jackman, the (limited) resentment was more squarely aimed at the studio.

And comparing the massive amounts of makeup the role requires with shaving your head and sitting in a chair seems rather disingenuous, too.

5 hours ago, dooog said:

I dunno...i'll definitely go see it but these trailers aren't doing much for me, they're quite... campy?

I have to agree. Still really want to see this film but the trailers, there is something not quite hitting it out of the park.

Even about Apocalypse as well.

Archived