Football: The Lame Duck

AncalagonTheBlack

Chelsea are now two places and one point above the relegation zone. Even though they're title rivals, come on Leicester!

amazing truly. I cannot wait to see Chelsea drop another game. It will be magical.  

next week we have bottom of the table villa at st. James. With this momentum I see a win. 

I wish I could actually put my finger on what ails Newcastle.  The team is not world beaters but they are solid. We do need a bit more defensive cover in January though.  

Damn this formatting from UEFA site!

Gent vs Wolfsburg

Roma vs Real Madrid

PSG vs Chelsea

Arsenal vs Barca

Juventus vs Bayern

PSV vs Atletico

Benfica vs Zenit

Dynamo Kyiv vs Manchester City

All in all, City got a good draw, Arsenal didn't and Chelsea are neither here nor there.

I would like to have seen some of these matchups a bit later in the competition, but having "weaker" clubs in later stages could also be fun.

Just read something really incredible -

No fans allowed in the 1st leg against Dynamo Kyiv. Apparently, Kyiv fans have been punished for racial chants in grp games and now the match is to be played in closed doors.

Sound familiar?

Yep, in other words there will likely be a few thousand home fans allowed in.

Then in the 2nd leg we'll jeer the CL anthem and UEFA will try to fine us for it.

Liverpool are so predictable and easy to play against.  We only look good against teams who come out and play against us.  If we could defend set pieces our goals allowed would be cut by half or more.

Finally Newcastle have found some fight and pride.  I'm glad we could help spark that for them but where was it until now?

I really hope Utd keep on hiring bad managers.  They used up a century of good luck by having Ferguson so long, just like Liverpool's boot room couldn't last forever.

Arsenal and Chelsea have nothing to lose against Barca and PSG. This could be an advantage for them, but other than that they will need some great performances. Arsenal can pull it off, but tougher to say with Chelsea.

Funny fact: Messi never scored against Cech. :D

Archived