Star Wars Episode 8 - What comes next? (Episode 7 Spoilers)

Joe Pesci

So Ep 8. Rey honing her Jedi skills with Luke, everyone else running away from Kylo Ren who is hell bent on revenge for blowing up the death planet. There might be snow involved.

I really doubt the next movie is going to throw back to empire. From what I understand Disney really wanted to had to to make the first movie a success before they can change things up. Just look back to  EP1. Now that they took the safe approach with EP7 and it was a huge success they can do any thing they want with EP8

Yep, does look that way. Wonder why? But yeah, it doesn't look like it'll come even remotely close. 

The movies came out at the end of the Mao era and the beginning of the Reform and Opening era, before the relaxation of censorship of foreign media and the emergence of the Chinese middle class. As a result there's just never been the cultural cachet that comes with a generational cohort that saw the OT on the big screen.

His Knights of Ren buddies finally make their first real appearance.

I know they only appeared for a split second, but my understanding is that Kylo is the only one with a lightsaber. (and a shitty one at that.) If that's true then I don't see what the big deal is about these guys. Even if they're force sensitives with really great aim, so what? 

In hindsight maybe they should have had that Stormtrooper with the anti-lightsaber baton be a Knight of Ren. Or maybe Kylo's version of a squire. 

Running up and down those steps will be all the training Rey needs.   Chewie took one look and said I'll wait in the Falcon.

ironically they had to do a lot of fancy editing to make it look like there are a lot of stairs on that island. 600 steps is child's play. 

Am I the only one who likes the idea that Snoke is just some dude who is a dark side force sensitive. Not trained in the arts of the Sith? Who just hid in the shadows avoiding the Sith and Jedi at all cost?  Galaxy is a huge place and there have to be hundreds if not thousands, heck maybe hundreds of thousands of force sensitives who go unnoticed by the Sith and Jedi. 

But I guess this is because I secretly want Ben/ Kylo to chance across a Sith Temple and some Sith Holocrons and receive some instruction about becoming a true Sith and then coming back to kill Snoke and his pathetic wana be Sith rear end.  And he recreates the Sith Order. Doesn't even need to follow the rule of two. "Seeing that many Lords played loose with the rule anyway"

For anyone watching the Rebels series, the mid-season trailer has some interesting stuff hinting at the Darth Plagueis = Snoke theory, and maybe the Knights of Ren.

More importantly, those ships and so many of the design elements are so Old Republic-ish. 

Amazing trailer! Thanks for the link. Also, the cross-hilted sabre could be a connection to KotOR2 and Malachor V.

Not just the saber (the TFA storybook already confirmed a link between the saber and Malachor IIRC,) but those cruisers and the Sith temple/artifacts. In fact, even that cool armor. 

For anyone watching the Rebels series, the mid-season trailer has some interesting stuff hinting at the Darth Plagueis = Snoke theory, and maybe the Knights of Ren.

Holy crap that looks fantastic.

I was slightly disappointed by the last episode knowing it was going into a break, but holding on to this to let everyone have a chance to see Episode 7 first is absolutely amazing. Disney is firing on all cylinders right now with Star Wars. I could not be happier about this. 

Cool trailer. Superb to see Vader in it. I haven't followed Rebels ( and now I certainly will) so don't know if he appeared already, but guess not.

The fact that this is now all part of 1 continuity and that there may be ties to the new film trilogy all make it extra interesting.

When I received The force awakens hardback this week I did see in the timeline at the front that Rebels is included in that timeline as part of the canon, similar to the new novels.

I'm wondering if we'll see any of the characters from Star Wars Rebels make appearances in future films.

I really doubt it. I think that we will probably see characters from the films appear in the TV show, but not vice versa. It just doesn't make sense for new characters to be introduced to such a smaller viewing audience.

I really doubt it. I think that we will probably see characters from the films appear in the TV show, but not vice versa. It just doesn't make sense for new characters to be introduced to such a smaller viewing audience.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them appear, but if they do it'll probably be in a way that their identity the film isn't dependent upon their identity/appearance in Rebels, but is a cool link for fans. R2-KT was first introduced into the canon in The Clone Wars, for example, but then appeared in TFA. It's meaningless to most viewers, but it's a nice link for those in the know. 

I think my favourite link so far between Rebels and the films is Sabine's Starbird tag.

It just doesn't make sense for new characters to be introduced to such a smaller viewing audience.

Boba Fett was introduced as a new character in a cartoon on TV... :D Every new character has backstory we don't know when they're introduced (and might never find out about), so as long as the movies are written with the assumption that the audience know nothing about any characters who haven't appeared in previous films, and their backstory isn't used for a big reveal in the film, it doesn't matter that some of the audience do have knowledge of the backstory from prequel stories on TV or in books.

Boba Fett was introduced as a new character in a cartoon on TV... :D Every new character has backstory we don't know when they're introduced (and might never find out about), so as long as the movies are written with the assumption that the audience know nothing about any characters who haven't appeared in previous films, and their backstory isn't used for a big reveal in the film, it doesn't matter that some of the audience do have knowledge of the backstory from prequel stories on TV or in books.

Like C3PO's red arm.

Archived