Batman and Superman IV: "Do you bleed?" "Only on the home release..." (Now with SPOILERS)

Rhom

I will see it, because I kind of need to for myself.

If it's a bad as they say it is, I think the DC juggernaut will roll on. But Snyder will be gone, and they'll get someone else in with a different tonal style. Who that could be I am unsure.

At this point I'm just hoping for a good WW solo film, and an Affleck directed Batman. Oh and Suicide Squad, which I hope isn't Harley Quinns solo, because I'll tell you what puddin' not feeling the love.

2 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Who that could be I am unsure.

I'm beginning the campaign for Matthew Vaughn, starting now. :P

Or Justin Lin. His brand of 'splodey fun might be a weird fit for Star Trek (though I'm still looking forward to how that comes out) but it could be just the ticket for the Justice League.

20 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'm beginning the campaign for Matthew Vaughn, starting now. :P

Or Justin Lin. His brand of 'splodey fun might be a weird fit for Star Trek (though I'm still looking forward to how that comes out) but it could be just the ticket for the Justice League.

Vaughn's too busy adapting the other Miller's comics and making them better than the source material. I'd still watch him take on any of the DC films though.

They'd maybe be worth trying Marvel's tactic of getting some up and coming directors or TV directors and give them a shot. Eg Dan Gilroy or Marc Jobst (he directed the 3rd episode of Daredevil with the stairwell scene) or Stefan Schwartz (shot a great chase scene in Black sails and a fun "fishing" scene too). Some new talent who could maybe do wonders with a bit more power and cash to spend on their imagination (I get the impression TV directors don't have as much control as the writers but it's flipped in film). I'd usually go for film but it looks like Marvel snatches them up pretty quick.

For all my general lack of enthusiasm I still have to admit that seeing Batman and Superman fight on the big screen (along with the debut of Wonder Woman) is still hard to resist. If I can find time on Good Friday to catch a matinee I'll probably still end up seeing it. If not on the Friday then I'll wait for the blu-ray with its extra footage and bleeding.

Huge opening doesn't matter if it doesn't have staying power. Snyder needs to go. DC should easily be able to at least rival Marvel at the box office and thus far has drawn to so short on average that I have no idea why they haven't given the helm to a Nolan type personality already. Hopefully after this dud. I'm very disappointed. I wanted this movie to own, so bad.  

Quite amusing, but is anyone here in the least bit surprised? It looked awful in the trailers, it isn't well cast and it doesn't have good writers.

Having said that, there's no accounting for taste and it's had a huge marketing push so it will probably still make at least $800m box office

4 hours ago, The Unborn said:

I don't want to bash marvel movies, but I think I saw them all ever since Iron Man 1, and there is not a whole bunch of good movies in there. In my opinion Iron Man 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 1 and Captain America 2 were the only good ones. Antman was decent, I thought, the rest was bleh.

100% agree. I'd add Deadpool and a couple of X-Men movies in there but not sure they count.

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Holy crap this review is mean.I mean, really...ouch. And I can't really see why he's wrong. Spoilers in it. 

There’s also a whole thing where Batman visits the set of Mad Max: Fury Road and fights amid a buncha Moth People.

:lol:

count the number of times some rando blurts out something like “It’s uninhabited!” or “It’s after five, so downtown’s nearly empty right now!”

who says he never learns?

Another brutal review, though this one is especially awesome in how it ties what this movie is to what the US is. There are spoilers too. 

Spoiler

The word "justice" is so cynical a euphemism that you can only say it now with a sneer. BVS is about wholesale murder for the greater good, and the word "fear" is used so much that it should actually be the picture's subtitle instead. Take careful note of the moment where a hostage is freed and how our hero neglects to ask the one important question. Or another where a 9/11-esque memorial is used as a weapon. Take note, too, of Superman fucking Lois Lane in a bathtub. BVS is brutal to nostalgia. Batman's entire battle cry is how Superman is a naïf, a child, and how he's going to make him into a man by beating him to death. He crystallizes the struggle as offense that Superman's code is borrowed from a dead Kansas farmer, while Batman's is forged in the understanding that people die for no reason and that the only sense in the Universe is the sense one tries to impose on it.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Another brutal review, though this one is especially awesome in how it ties what this movie is to what the US is. There are spoilers too. 

Does anyone really have a problem with Supes banging Lois in a bathtub at this point? I mean, c'mon. Are we to believe that their relationship is sexless? The 2nd bit about Bat's philosophy sounds horrid though. I'll give the reviewer that.

So I came back from the movie. Was it amazing, no. But it was not bad either. Far better than Age of Ultron and a few of the marvel movies. This is my opinion and I am not infallible. But you guys need to stop bashing the movie based on reviews, go and watch it. If you do not like it, by all means kick the shit out of it.

1 hour ago, trickster said:

But you guys need to stop bashing the movie based on reviews, go and watch it. If you do not like it, by all means kick the shit out of it.

I gave Zach Snyder the last of my money when he massacred Superman in the first one. I don't have to go see this new one to know that it is pure rubbish. I am however enjoying the reviews. If enough people stay away, we might actually get a shot at movies that are actually about these characters. 

Archived