Batman and Superman IV: "Do you bleed?" "Only on the home release..." (Now with SPOILERS)

Rhom

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's funny, but these horrid reviews have pushed this one from "I'll probably see it in the theater" to "I have to see this in the theater". 

It's funny because I've  read all the spoilers since I didn't have any intention of watching it in theaters... but now it's  tempting at the least to compare it to Daredevil/Punisher and then to Captain America.

No way for me. I go to see a movie in the theater I want to actually have a chance of coming out having enjoyed the experience.

I too gave my money for the last time to Snyder's vision for MOS which had me sit in front of a screen with it's drab, bleak, gray, depressing world that felt like it sucked the essence straight out of me.

10 hours ago, trickster said:

So I came back from the movie. Was it amazing, no. But it was not bad either. Far better than Age of Ultron and a few of the marvel movies. This is my opinion and I am not infallible. But you guys need to stop bashing the movie based on reviews, go and watch it. If you do not like it, by all means kick the shit out of it.

I'm seeing it tomorrow. Not in the least bit dissuaded from seeing it due to bad reviews from critics, who tend to look for different things.

Loads of people here on this forum hated on Man of Steel, which I personally really, really liked.

27 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I'm seeing it tomorrow. Not in the least bit dissuaded from seeing it due to bad reviews from critics, who tend to look for different things.

Loads of people here on this forum hated on Man of Steel, which I personally really, really liked.

I enjoyed Man of Steel as well.  Hell, I even liked Superman Returns.  I'll be going to see this one regardless of reviews.  Going to have to put it off until next week though.

There's a good chance I'll see it tomorrow as I can see it for £8 which isn't too much of a risk. I'm starting to think after watching Age of Ultron I should be fair and give DC some money.

14 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I have read that he mows people down with automatic weapons... You couldn't PAY me enough to sit through this film...

Lies! If I could guarantee the Cowboys would win 3 out of the next 4 Superb Owls you'd watch this movie for 72 straight hours on a loop with your eyes pried open.

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

I have to say the general opinion on a movie by reviewers is usually mostly correct. There are exceptions, but I tend to agree with them in general. If there are plenty of negative buzz about a movie then sometimes there is no smoke without fire. 

There have been occasions where I've disagreed with them.. Man of Steel for instance.. and John Carter were both far better than I was led to believe. 

You guys seem to be going on about how Batman has been trashed in this movie.  Granted, I'm not the best one to be talking about this, but as far as I remember, the comics did a number on Superman, at least, long ago.  I didn't follow Batman that much so I don't know what they did with him, but if it was anything like Superman, all bets were off as the comics progressed.  They had Supes doing anything and everything even way back in the '60s and further.  Nothing was too ridiculous.  Is there some code that says these superheroes MUST be heroes?  They could always be redeemed in the next issue! 

As for the film itself, the biggest problem I'd have with it would be if it were boring.  THAT is the only no-no.   I saw the previews, and they looked kind of interesting to me.  Unfortunately, I probably won't see the movie in the theatre - mainly because I can't get anyone to go with me, and I'd feel like an asshole sitting there alone at my age!  :lol:  

1 hour ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

ETA: it's currently at 32% on rotten tomatoes, which is lower than The Room. :lol:

But the room is fun bad. Most terrible films are just terrible.

Edit: looks like this is my 5000th post. Should have been slightly better I feel.

10 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

:agree:The Room is a terrible film, but on the other hand it is a masterpiece of awesome. The Citizen Kane of bad movies indeed :)

11 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Edit: looks like this is my 5000th post. Should have been slightly better I feel.

You mentioned The Room, that's good enough :P 

24 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Unfortunately, I probably won't see the movie in the theatre - mainly because I can't get anyone to go with me, and I'd feel like an asshole sitting there alone at my age!  :lol:  

At any age, going to the cinema alone is fine: I do it all the time and I'm 43. :)

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lies! If I could guarantee the Cowboys would win 3 out of the next 4 Superb Owls you'd watch this movie for 72 straight hours on a loop with your eyes pried open.

If my NFL experience was somehow contingent upon me watching Zach Snyder movies my conversion to International soccer fandom would be complete. I like that Lionel Messi fellow.

As for the debate on whether to see this movie alone or not, I am going to weigh in and say not to do it. Not that I have an aversion to seeing movies alone. I do it all the time. I just want as many people as possible to not see this movie either alone or with people so we can get movies based on my favorite characters of all time, and not this jumbled mess.

24 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Big budget films that miss the mark can sometimes fall into that category for me in that you know the effort is sincere due to the budget. It's kind of fascinating to see all this money (Big name stars, expensive sets and effects, huge marketing campaign) up on the screen and yet it still manages to miss on some basic level. Something like say the first Transformers movie fits this bill for me. It has this huge groundswell of support from the fans, a ton of money behind it, a ton of talent behind it, etc, etc and it still manages to be subpar. Obviously, it's not as visceral or obvious as something like The Room, but it packs a similar measure of laughability.

11 minutes ago, sifth said:

So I heard Wonder Woman only talks to Bruce in the entire film? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Cannot confirm, but I've heard/read that she's in the film so little that there was no point in marketing her. It seems like it would have been better to make her a surprise. 

58 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

You guys seem to be going on about how Batman has been trashed in this movie.  Granted, I'm not the best one to be talking about this, but as far as I remember, the comics did a number on Superman, at least, long ago.  I didn't follow Batman that much so I don't know what they did with him, but if it was anything like Superman, all bets were off as the comics progressed.  They had Supes doing anything and everything even way back in the '60s and further.  Nothing was too ridiculous.  Is there some code that says these superheroes MUST be heroes?  They could always be redeemed in the next issue! 

As for the film itself, the biggest problem I'd have with it would be if it were boring.  THAT is the only no-no.   I saw the previews, and they looked kind of interesting to me.  Unfortunately, I probably won't see the movie in the theatre - mainly because I can't get anyone to go with me, and I'd feel like an asshole sitting there alone at my age!  :lol:  

Yeah, I'm in the "cool with going alone" category.

Just think of yourself as Don Draper blowing off work at a matinee.

Archived