Batman and Superman IV: "Do you bleed?" "Only on the home release..." (Now with SPOILERS)

Rhom

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:39 PM, Rcollins said:

Sorry... don't know why this quote popped up.  I must have tried to quote something a week ago and discarded it.  But I don't know how you delete it at this point.  :dunno: 

So anyways, Jena Malone's super secret character has been cut from the theatrical release of BvS, but will be included in the R rated Ultimate Edition.  IIRC, the speculation was that she was playing the female Robin.

Furthermore, Malone's secret character will be joined on the R-rated Ultimate Edition by even more secret cast additions, extended fight scenes and further hints to the future of the DCEU.  Is this calculated marketing or simply a decision to have the best film in theaters on March 25th?

I share their question about whether the cuts have been to make a more cohesive theatrical release or what.  Based on all our concerns about the movie being too big, I think I"ll take this as a positive development.

11 minute fan made supercut of all available footage from the four trailers.

I seem to fail at inserting an actual video into my post... (Seriously, what code do you use for that?!!?)  This person put it all together in a roughly chronological order from the opening scenes of Batfleck during the Battle of Metropolis through to the reveal of Doomsday and Wonder Woman at the end.

If you don't want to actually see the movie in the theater, I think you could get by with just this.  :lol: 

I had no idea that Bil Keane's son was continuing the Family Circus comic strips. My own sons have been enjoying the books I grew up with in the 80's. Nice to see he kept his dad's name on the comic too. (Bonus trivia: One of Bil's other sons, Glen, was the Disney animator who did Ariel, Beast, Aladdin and Tarzan, among others).

/sidetrack

Now they are saying the home release will be 30 mins longer. It's as though they are trying to convince those who are on the fence to just forgo the cinema and wait for the home-release.

I'm on holiday the week it comes out and think there's a good chance I'll wait - especially if the reception of the film by then is luke-warm/negative.

Will be seeing this next Saturday morning.  It happens to fall on board game day for our group, so we will be seeing this in the morning and probably be playing Legendary the rest of the day.  It's gonna be a great day.

On 17/03/2016 at 8:06 PM, Fiddler said:

Will be seeing this next Saturday morning.  It happens to fall on board game day for our group, so we will be seeing this in the morning and probably be playing Legendary the rest of the day.  It's gonna be a great day.

Sounds like a great saturday (hopefully). Add some good beers and I'd be trying to gatecrash :)

2 hours ago, Leap said:

Listening to the soundtrack now, which for some obscure reason was actually released before the film. 

Anyway, it's alright. Not spectacular - pretty much what you'd expect after watching Man of Steel to be honest, and not a whole lot different. Swings between ominous rumbles, 'exciting' dun dun duns like Superman's Man of Steel theme, and serene, melancholy tunes in between. There have been a few moments where I pricked my ears up. It is mostly very grim and depressing - although I've only listened to disc one at the moment, and nothing of disc two (although this is much shorter).

eta: disc two more of the same

I thought Man of Steel's soundtrack worked in the film. Can't say I could hum anything from it but I can remember hitting the right notes where it counted at the cinema.

How's the Batman specific themes? Does he keep it similar to his Nolan scores or does he distinguish it? Can you tell Bat from Supes easily? Why don't I just listen to it?

46 minutes ago, Leap said:

Anyway, I will listen to it again track-by-track after I've finished Daredevil, in a few hours.

I know how that dilemna feels. It's like my entire TV viewing has been put on hold

The only thing I didn't really like ( and thus have some concerns about) is the monster ( bred with Zod genes apparently).

That did not look great and it seems like a sort of disposable villain. I hope there is more to it.

I wonder how much money this is going to make? Like, it will make a hefty profit probably, but you'd think that a confrontation between Supes and manbat should absolutely crush the box-office, seeing how those two are probably the most famous comic book characters out there.

Archived