MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

7 hours ago, Triskan said:

In happy news it sounds like the whoresons that be have made it so that the last five or six Doyers games will actually be broadcast to all of the Los Angeles area regardless of cable provider breaking several years of monstrously cruel precedence to the contrary. 

Now we just need TBS to broadcast Vin's last game 10/2.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/sports/baseball/vin-scully-farewell-tbs-television.html

6 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

So the Mets are signing Tim Tebow and he is going to play in their instructional league. 

And the plot thickens...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-were-only-team-that-will-allow-tebow-to-keep-espn-job/ar-AAiFcWb

With so many people already calling this a publicity stunt prior to him signing, this surely will open the floodgates even more. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

And the plot thickens...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-were-only-team-that-will-allow-tebow-to-keep-espn-job/ar-AAiFcWb

With so many people already calling this a publicity stunt prior to him signing, this surely will open the floodgates even more. 

I want him to do well but he can't possibly do so unless he's totally committed.  

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I want him to do well but he can't possibly do so unless he's totally committed.  

It's almost like he thinks he's playing rec league or something. It's just baffling to me that he's not willing to give it 100% when there's 1000s of ACTUAL baseball players that would kill for the opportunity he's been given only because of his name.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

It's almost like he thinks he's playing rec league or something. It's just baffling to me that he's not willing to give it 100% when there's 1000s of ACTUAL baseball players that would kill for the opportunity he's been given only because of his name.

He's a bored rich dude, what does he care?

9 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think you're going to have to send the Cubs a Candygram or something.

Be nice if he did, but not for me to say.  I'm hold I holding my breath until things actually crack Chicago's way...

Second time this year Dave Roberts has pulled a pitcher who was throwing a no-hitter. It's fucking bullshit. I know, we'll get some line or other about how it's his job to look after the pitcher's/team's best interest, just as we got when he pulled Ross Stripling, but I don't accept that. Hill had only thrown 89 pitches, and Roberts' decision has cost him a chance at the defining moment of his career, and cost the fans a chance at witnessing something special. Maybe we'll get word later that there was some medical issue, but barring that Roberts needs to be told to stop pulling this shit.

49 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Second time this year Dave Roberts has pulled a pitcher who was throwing a no-hitter. It's fucking bullshit. I know, we'll get some line or other about how it's his job to look after the pitcher's/team's best interest, just as we got when he pulled Ross Stripling, but I don't accept that. Hill had only thrown 89 pitches, and Roberts' decision has cost him a chance at the defining moment of his career, and cost the fans a chance at witnessing something special. Maybe we'll get word later that there was some medical issue, but barring that Roberts needs to be told to stop pulling this shit.

By who? Magic Johnson? Roberts is fine. Considering the Dodger's injury issues, the guy is having a hell of a rookie year as a manager. You want Donny Baseball back?

Archived