MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

You mean Guaranteed Rate Field?  

God, I keep forgetting they renamed it that. I fucking hate naming parks after stupid shit like that, it's fucking awful. At least least the ones that are just straight company names aren't obnoxiously bad.

I've always held a preference for two man broadcast teams and, obviously, greatly enjoy the teams calling Cubs games both television and radio...but there sure is something special listening to Vin.  It's easy to hate the Dodgers, for any number of reasons, but a lot can be forgiven because of Vin Scully.

What I truly hate about the west coast though, is it's on the west damned coast. Waiting until 9:15pm was bad enough to watch when the Cubs were forced to travel to the west to play games.  But now 10:15 is ungodly and we should just abolish the west coast entirely.

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I've always held a preference for two man broadcast teams and, obviously, greatly enjoy the teams calling Cubs games both television and radio...but there sure is something special listening to Vin.  It's easy to hate the Dodgers, for any number of reasons, but a lot can be forgiven because of Vin Scully.

What I truly hate about the west coast though, is it's on the west damned coast. Waiting until 9:15pm was bad enough to watch when the Cubs were forced to travel to the west to play games.  But now 10:15 is ungodly and we should just abolish the west coast entirely.

The Giants and Dodgers can go back to New York and the A's can go back to Philadelphia.  I don't know what to do about the Padres or the Mariners though. 

Yankees "gave up" on their season and are creeping their way back into it lead by their youth(Sanchez going wild). Although I don't think NY will win it, the AL East is gonna be hectic in September with everyone in it besides Rays. All teams are pretty stacked offensively but Toronto has the edge pitching-wise, and Tillman out for Baltimore is killing them...but as long as it's not Red Sox I'll be ok with it. Gonna be fun!

8 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The Giants and Dodgers can go back to New York and the A's can go back to Philadelphia.  I don't know what to do about the Padres or the Mariners though. 

That's what contraction is for.  Who'd miss those two?

(Still hate the quote function sometimes...)

37 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That's what contraction is for.  Who'd miss those two?

(Still hate the quote function sometimes...)

I forgot the Padres and the Angels but yeah contraction works. While we're at we can send the Browns back to St. Louis and the Braves back to Boston. 

I still hate it all the time. 

I think you might want to consider not pitching to Donaldson at this point. He's just crushing baseballs. Yesterday's 4 at bats went:

1) 110 MPH 417ft HR
2) 103.8 MPH 397ft HR
3) 106.4 MPH 399ft HR
4) 101.1 MPH 344ft fly out.

...and he just hit another one out in his second at bat today. First ab was a running catch against the wall in dead center.

Never mind, Jaxom was perfectly right not to realize that the Mariners aren't contenders. It could be just the precoursor to a miraculous run down the stretch, but boy are the Mariners looking like the M's of old. Rancid offense, pitching giving up games, bad managerial decisions (Sending your power pitcher closer out for a second inning after he had to throw 24 pitches in the last inning? Fuck off.). Not giving up, still too many games to play, but holy shit has these last three series put the retch in stretch.

Hobo Ginger goes yard and we've reached peak Fuck you,  Zack Greinke! MC has also reached peak joyful smug.

And then Grandal! And Zack is sent to bed without dinner. Luckily Greinke and the rest of the snakes are apparently already in their jammies.

19 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Hobo Ginger goes yard and we've reached peak Fuck you,  Zack Greinke! MC has also reached peak joyful smug.

And then Grandal! And Zack is sent to bed without dinner. Luckily Greinke and the rest of the snakes are apparently already in their jammies.

I love this girl!

38 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I heard some LA talk radio today where they were lamenting that, as it stands, the Giants and Cardinals are the wild card teams. 

You know, I have little faith in my Giants right now. Nothing is going right. The bats are dead, the fielding is meh, the pitching is not clutch. They really look like they're going to spit the bit. Not looking good.

With apologies, my Cardinals just pulled off another absurd win tonight. Grand slam in the first, game in the bag seemed like, we blew it, only to come back and win with one strike left in the 9th. I have no idea how many times shit like this happens. That said, this season has been fraught with truly shitty managing (I'm shocked it's not a bigger story how many times Matheny has single-handedly affected games in a negative way) and our yearly round of major injuries. 

My Mets fan is being his usual cocky self saying they have it due to their super-cakewalk schedule coming up. The Cardinals were one strike away from me saying "I just don't think we can keep up with SF and NYM". Now, Christ, I have no idea. This is gonna be a great damn September whether those upstart Cubs care or not.

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You know, I have little faith in my Giants right now. Nothing is going right. The bats are dead, the fielding is meh, the pitching is not clutch. They really look like they're going to spit the bit. Not looking good.

Whatever is taking place in the Bay pales in comparison to the complete bed shitting that is currently happening here in Pittsburgh. Man it's pathetic to watch.

Archived