Watch, Watched, Watching: There are 17,000 new TV shows to watch and I have the weekend

Howdyphillip

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

just finished season 2 of The 100....just fantastic...

I thought the Mount Weather plotline was excellent, and the ending to it definitely didn't pull any punches.

Sadly I found the third season to be a big let-down in comparison.

Season 3 (third and final) started here in the UK on monday night. Didnt manage to catch it but i will be watching.

Season 2 was frustrating, especially the Court stuff because i just kept thinking "no, no no no no no!"

From what I unserstand season 3 is an entirely new case though, which is a welcome change to me

I really liked the first season of Broadchurch but it didn't feel like a storyline that needed a sequel so I never watched the second season (I got the impression it had a fairly lukewarm response). If season 3 is focusing on a new case then I might be more interested.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, Astromech said:

Just watched the second episode of HBO's Big Little Lies. What a guilty pleasure. Every aspect of this show I would normally hate from the precocious kids, to the extreme helicopter moms and the whole bubble in which they live. However, it just works so well for this series. And Reese Witherspoon giving me flashbacks to her Tracy Flick from Election :)

My partner and I tried to watch the first episode of Big Little Lies last night. I think it is shot and acted quite well and the mystery is a good plot to catch people and get them watching. We lost interest after the scene where the kid is called out to apologise in front of everyone (parents and all). I found it unrealistic and childish. Not that we don't see parents like that but a good school would handle that a lot better and aren't they there for the good schooling?

Anyway, does it get better or is it still a cringe-fest? I don't think we plan to watch any more but may if we hear it gets better.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Season 3 (third and final) started here in the UK on monday night. Didnt manage to catch it but i will be watching.

Season 2 was frustrating, especially the Court stuff because i just kept thinking "no, no no no no no!"

From what I unserstand season 3 is an entirely new case though, which is a welcome change to me

I mostly liked the second season, but the courtroom stuff was pretty bad at times. I kept wondering how the hell these supposedly amazing lawyers knew so damn little about everything. Do they not talk to their clients? AND WHY IS EVERYONE STILL KEEPING SECRETS ANYWAY

49 minutes ago, Squab said:

My partner and I tried to watch the first episode of Big Little Lies last night. I think it is shot and acted quite well and the mystery is a good plot to catch people and get them watching. We lost interest after the scene where the kid is called out to apologise in front of everyone (parents and all). I found it unrealistic and childish. Not that we don't see parents like that but a good school would handle that a lot better and aren't they there for the good schooling?

Anyway, does it get better or is it still a cringe-fest? I don't think we plan to watch any more but may if we hear it gets better.

It's like watching a train wreck. I can't turn away. It's morbid fascination. I hate most of the characters, but they all entertain me in some way. All of their issues are slowly being uncovered, so the morbid fascination is increasing episode to episode. I am also a sucker for a good mystery, so there is that hook as well.

I watched the Tickled documentary on HBO tonight. It went in a much different direction than I expecting it to go, that's for sure. 

Spoiler

It always amazes me how rich people get away with basically whatever they want. This guy was such a fucking asshole and deserved so much worse.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I watched the Tickled documentary on HBO tonight. It went in a much different direction than I expecting it to go, that's for sure. 

Hide contents

It always amazes me how rich people get away with basically whatever they want. This guy was such a fucking asshole and deserved so much worse.

Would you recommend watching it or not? Is it just annoying overall? It seemed as if it was going to be way too cringe-inducing to even watch properly.

52 minutes ago, Isis said:

Would you recommend watching it or not? Is it just annoying overall? It seemed as if it was going to be way too cringe-inducing to even watch properly.

It's interesting enough to watch. Not too many cringeworthy moments for me at least. They cover the tickling "underground" some but don't go that deep into it, if that's your worry?

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Reveal hidden contents

yeah that documentary was great but made it so uncomfortable and ANGERRRY

2 hours ago, Isis said:

I really thought it was an excellent, weird, bonkers documentary. Well worth a watch to be honest; it isn't very long. 

10 hours ago, williamjm said:

I thought the Mount Weather plotline was excellent, and the ending to it definitely didn't pull any punches.

Sadly I found the third season to be a big let-down in comparison.

I'm giving it a rest for a bit because I've been binge watching the show from the start for the last week and a half lmao. Need a breather. That's disappointing though :( I know it's on its fourth season at the moment; which I might wait to come to amazon before I binge watch season 3 but who knows really because i'm HOOKED on this story and it has so many wonderful, well written, multi faceted characters with excellent dynamics between them 

7 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Agree. I knew nothing about Tickled.

I saw a trailer for it months ago. That's how I knew what it was when you mentioned it. I think maybe we will give it a try then as you guys think it is worth it.

This reminds me that we watched Sour Grapes at the weekend, which is a great doc about wine trading. We know people who trade rare beers so it was interesting to us from that perspective. It's also quite a fascinating story from start to finish. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

It's interesting enough to watch. Not too many cringeworthy moments for me at least. They cover the tickling "underground" some but don't go that deep into it, if that's your worry?

Tickling underground?  Is this doc about how tickling is horrible torture?  (ok, don't tell me because I see others say it's better to not know much going in, but I'm really hoping it's about how tickling is so fucking awful).

I've been catching up on the latest season of QI. I was pretty sad when Stephen announced he'd be leaving but Sandi has been a perfect replacement. Can't imagine anyone better. Honestly this season so far is better than the last couple were. When Alan told her "you're in the right chair" during the first episode my heart might have melted a little bit :wub:

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Tickling underground?  Is this doc about how tickling is horrible torture?  (ok, don't tell me because I see others say it's better to not know much going in, but I'm really hoping it's about how tickling is so fucking awful).

Lmao watch it seriously you'll feel justified in that belief 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

I've been catching up on the latest season of QI. I was pretty sad when Stephen announced he'd be leaving but Sandi has been a perfect replacement. Can't imagine anyone better. Honestly this season so far is better than the last couple were. When Alan told her "you're in the right chair" during the first episode my heart might have melted a little bit :wub:

Yeah she's great; it's my dad's fave programme and he adores Stephen fry but he loves her and is really happy with it 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Since the Oscars thread is closed, I'll just leave this here:

Suicide Squad has won as many Oscars as..........Citizen Kane.

Same as The Wolfman, Pearl Harbor, The Blind Side, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Carrey) - eeeesh

Archived