Watch, Watched, Watching: There are 17,000 new TV shows to watch and I have the weekend

Howdyphillip

Amazon Prime is worse for me than Netflix. Though that's maybe because these days I most scroll "recently added" on Netflix and not much else.

Also, waiting for Amazon to upload new stuff feels like such a drag. Gimme The Americans S4 already, godmanit

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Amazon Prime is worse for me than Netflix. Though that's maybe because these days I most scroll "recently added" on Netflix and not much else.

Also, waiting for Amazon to upload new stuff feels like such a drag. Gimme The Americans S4 already, godmanit

Americans S4 is pretty much the only reason I still bother to have Amazon. I've exhausted all the decent series they have on there now. I guess I could finish Vikings or bother with Man in High Castle S2 but Netflix has so much amazing choice, and seemingly endless new series. 

20 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah I hate amazon prime's interface and that I have to go through loads of different windows and stuff just to get to the show I was watching last but Netflix does show me the same stuff all the time hah neither are perfect but luckily they both have great content

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Americans S4 is pretty much the only reason I still bother to have Amazon. I've exhausted all the decent series they have on there now. I guess I could finish Vikings or bother with Man in High Castle S2 but Netflix has so much amazing choice, and seemingly endless new series. 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yeah I hate amazon prime's interface and that I have to go through loads of different windows and stuff just to get to the show I was watching last but Netflix does show me the same stuff all the time hah neither are perfect but luckily they both have great content

Honestly the only reason I'm keeping Prime for now is because the one-day delivery is a lifesaver and I also use their music service (which also has its problems). Even so I wouldn't want to be paying full price; currently getting Student deal which is something like £39.99 per year

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Honestly the only reason I'm keeping Prime for now is because the one-day delivery is a lifesaver and I also use their music service (which also has its problems). Even so I wouldn't want to be paying full price; currently getting Student deal which is something like £39.99 per year

I only use prime video and the one day delivery. Also getting student price after this trial runs out soon :P

I'm getting good use out of it just for vikings, black sails and the 100 though tbh 

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I suspect the deal ITV Encore/Now TV have to show The Americans first means that Amazon have to wait for a certain amount of time before they can show it.

Since I'm already subscribed to Netflix and Now TV and find it difficult to find the time to keep up with all the shows I want to watch on there I'm resisting subscribing to Amazon Prime as well, although they do have a few shows like The Man in the High Castle and Black Sails that I would be interested in watching. When they get American Gods I'll be really tempted to subscribe.

1 hour ago, williamjm said:

I suspect the deal ITV Encore/Now TV have to show The Americans first means that Amazon have to wait for a certain amount of time before they can show it.

Since I'm already subscribed to Netflix and Now TV and find it difficult to find the time to keep up with all the shows I want to watch on there I'm resisting subscribing to Amazon Prime as well, although they do have a few shows like The Man in the High Castle and Black Sails that I would be interested in watching. When they get American Gods I'll be really tempted to subscribe.

Yeah, you are probably right. It's annoying though, as I was waiting for season 3 on Amazon when Season 4 was airing and by the time season three was up and I'd watched it season 4 was over. I did manage to see a few episodes of the beginning of season 4 but that only made things worse because now I'm left dangling.

I almost forgot American Gods. Glad I'll have Amazon still when that comes out.

I think of the two Netflix is better, in terms of the quality of its original series and the range of other shows it has available

In the Netflix/Hulu/Amazon debate....we have all three... my personal preference is Netflix, because of the quality of their original programming, and because I'm a Marvel nerd... but both Hulu and Amazon Prime have things we love about them...

For instance, we just finished Spotless (which we really liked) on Netflix, who I understand is picking up the show from Esquire... and now we're binging Shut Eye on Hulu

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

X-Men Apocalypse. Had I known the opening sequence was the best part of the film, I would have stopped there.

Really? That's one of my favorite X-Men films. Probably my favorite by Singer. Maybe I'm just a sucker for 80s nostalgia and 90s style costumes and characters though. Apocalypse was always one of my favorite villains and I thought Isaac did him justice.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don't like amazon primes interface either I think they both have lots of problems :(

Agreed. Amazon Prime has a clunky interface. I find it can be especially annoying when watching a season of a show over multiple viewings. Also, I'm still not sure how to rate stuff on there. It looks like they're connected directly to IMDB for ratings, but then sometimes I'll get emails to rate certain things I watched but not for others. Weird. Why can't I just do a star rating like Netflix?

4 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Gods yes, Netflix has such a terrible interface.  It seems so juvenile and useless.  I don't give a fuck about the shit I've already seen but that's practically all they show me along with a handful of movies and shows I've already decided I'm not gonna check out.  

Now, I dig my Netflix interface. I'm not experiencing the suggestion repeats you and others have mentioned. Or maybe I am but haven't noticed. I've got so much stuff in my queue to watch already that I pretty much just go there directly. What device are you using to watch Netflix on? I use my X-Box 360. I was using my bluray player years ago, but that interface was garbage. The 360 is much cleaner; it's pretty much the same as my iPad interface.

6 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Really? That's one of my favorite X-Men films. Probably my favorite by Singer. Maybe I'm just a sucker for 80s nostalgia and 90s style costumes and characters though. Apocalypse was always one of my favorite villains and I thought Isaac did him justice.

Apocalypse, other than looking like something out of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, was fine. I really kind of hate how the films have butchered the comics. The worst offender in this film was the hagiography of Mystique. I'm imagining Jennifer Lawrence's contract requiring the writers to remind us how awesome everyone thinks Mystique is. Magneto has been about the only thing I've liked about the various X-Men films.

I watched Sunshine, a movie about the sun dying and a group of scientist flying a mega bomb to reignite it.  Or something.  I think the film was confused about what sort of movie it was.  

Spoiler

Towards the end, it started acting as though it were a cliche horror film.  I mean, I guess it sort of was, but the tone and technique didn't match the rest of the film.  I started to get really annoyed that they didn't focus the camera on the the crazy guy.  It was all just so random.  It also made me rethink how invested I am in movies where everyone dies.  Maybe I don't truly like them as much as I hope I would.

32 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Now, I dig my Netflix interface. I'm not experiencing the suggestion repeats you and others have mentioned. Or maybe I am but haven't noticed. I've got so much stuff in my queue to watch already that I pretty much just go there directly. What device are you using to watch Netflix on? I use my X-Box 360. I was using my bluray player years ago, but that interface was garbage. The 360 is much cleaner; it's pretty much the same as my iPad interface.

I use a lot of different devices.  Laptop, tablet, roku, smart tv.  Depends what room I'm in.  I hate them all, tbh.  I think I'm also just suffering from tv over-saturation.  I feel like I've watched all I can possibly watch.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I watched Sunshine, a movie about the sun dying and a group of scientist flying a mega bomb to reignite it.  Or something.  I think the film was confused about what sort of movie it was.  

Reveal hidden contents

Towards the end, it started acting as though it were a cliche horror film.  I mean, I guess it sort of was, but the tone and technique didn't match the rest of the film.  I started to get really annoyed that they didn't focus the camera on the the crazy guy.  It was all just so random.  It also made me rethink how invested I am in movies where everyone dies.  Maybe I don't truly like them as much as I hope I would.

Sunshine is one of those movies where everyone I know who saw it at the cinema thought it was fantastic, but everyone I know who saw it later echoed your opinion and was underwhelmed by the ending. That sequence, on the big screen, was a fucking head-trip.

3 hours ago, Astromech said:

Apocalypse, other than looking like something out of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, was fine. I really kind of hate how the films have butchered the comics. The worst offender in this film was the hagiography of Mystique. I'm imagining Jennifer Lawrence's contract requiring the writers to remind us how awesome everyone thinks Mystique is. Magneto has been about the only thing I've liked about the various X-Men films.

I don't like what they did with Mystique in First Class or DoFP either. X2 now that's Mystique! But there's been worse offenses for me, mainly Rogue. Ffs how they butchered Rogue. :angry:

And X-Men: Apocalypse was terrible. Down there with Last Stand and Wolverine Origins honestly. I'm ready for Singer to move on after seeing that one.

6 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Agreed. Amazon Prime has a clunky interface. I find it can be especially annoying when watching a season of a show over multiple viewings. Also, I'm still not sure how to rate stuff on there. It looks like they're connected directly to IMDB for ratings, but then sometimes I'll get emails to rate certain things I watched but not for others. Weird. Why can't I just do a star rating like Netflix?

Yeah I don't mind Netflix interface and wish amazon primes was more like it. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating but as long as I can see "my list" I'm okay.  

I hate that I can't rate things on amazon prime either or I can't figure out how to do it properly lmao it's just so over complicated but I LOVE the player itself and the list of actors names and songs and trivia and the 10 second forward and 10 second backwards rewind and fast forward buttons 

Watched Logan, really liked it. Much closer to a movie that I would expect the Wolverine I know to be in. Another good acting performance from a child actor.

I came down with a cold/sinus thing so I watched a lot of crap this weekend since I didn't want to do anything. Made the mistake of watching the Ghostbusters reboot. Man that was bad. I did watch the whole thing, although I fast fwd through quite a bit.

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

I came down with a cold/sinus thing so I watched a lot of crap this weekend since I didn't want to do anything. Made the mistake of watching the Ghostbusters reboot. Man that was bad. I did watch the whole thing, although I fast fwd through quite a bit.

It really was as bad as advertised. I couldn't even finish it.

I'm trying to watch The Missing season 2 but it just won't work on On Demand for some reason, and is now not downloadable on the app. So weird. I did watch the first episode and it was very good. Lots of actors from other big shows in this season (Breaking Bad, True Detective, GoT, TWD).

Archived