NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

3 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

So Blake Bortles went full Batman and stopped some punk thief from stealing a bunch of shit at a party he was at. I feel like it should be known that Blake's truck was unlocked, with the keys inside, with his wallet as well :mellow:

The way I heard it, the kid stole the shit from Bortles' truck and was gonna steal the truck but it was parked in by the other partygoers.

So he went into the party, at which point he was detained by 'players' (obviously not belonging at an NFL party). I hadn't heard Bortles was involved in the kid's capture.

1 minute ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

The way I heard it, the kid stole the shit from Bortles' truck and was gonna steal the truck but it was parked in by the other partygoers.

So he went into the party, at which point he was detained by 'players' (obviously not belonging at an NFL party). I hadn't heard Bortles was involved in the kid's capture.

I heard BB was involved in the capture. I think BB has been elevated to some sort of cult status after listening to PMT. Seems like a likable dude for all of his on field unlikable features.

1 minute ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I heard BB was involved in the capture. I think BB has been elevated to some sort of cult status after listening to PMT. Seems like a likable dude for all of his on field unlikable features.

You know what this means right?

Break out your speedo, Boy Wonder. You're commin' with me to crack the case of Who Caught the Kid.

I'll tell Bats we'll be back in a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

You know what this means right?

Break out your speedo, Boy Wonder. You're commin' with me to crack the case of Who Caught the Kid.

I'll tell Bats we'll be back in a few weeks.

Checks closet for pink speedo.

I'll pick you up at 8. ;)

I both hate and love this time of the year in the NFL. You get to read up on all the promise of the new bunch of rookies, learn their stories and get a tiny bit of hope that this year will be THE year. Believe that your team somehow found the right collection of UDFA's. That if so and so can stay healthy and so and so can repeat his best season then maybe just maybe...

But, the grinch in you knows that it's the hype train in full effect, that they are just rookies with potential and the UDFA's went undrafted for a reason and most will never play a regular season snap.

Make or break type season for Dak Prescott, is he who we saw as a rookie or more of what we saw last year?

Zeke Elliot, now that the off field issue has been dealt with will he be better this season? Will the O-line return to form with the addition of another pretty high pick to it?

Will the collection of no name receivers and tight ends be a blessing since there should be no drama and me me me? They all pretty much should be working their asses off for playing time since none are locked in starters.

Will the defense be as good as last year or was that all smoke and mirrors? 

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

I'm getting upset with GRRM.  Not A Blog still has no thoughts about the NFL draft?  I expect WoW may take a while, but WTF on this?

With both the Giants and Jets making a big splash, you’d think he’d be into it.

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

I'm getting upset with GRRM.  Not A Blog still has no thoughts about the NFL draft?  I expect WoW may take a while, but WTF on this?

Give the man a break.  He's incredibly busy coming up with reasons not to finish Winds.

Wooo!

Report: Browns selected for Hard Knocks

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have been selected for this season of Hard Knocks.

The Browns were one of six teams -- the Ravens, Broncos, Chargers, 49ers, and Redskins were the other five -- who could have been forced to do the show. With two new quarterbacks including the No. 1 overall pick and a coach with a 1-31 record over the last two years, it is not a surprise HBO went with the Browns.

5 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Ewww

The Bucs then the Browns? Do they actively try to pick the least interesting teams?

Something tells me you were rooting for the Ravens to be picked? Get a little extra Lamar Jackson footage...

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Something tells me you were rooting for the Ravens to be picked? Get a little extra Lamar Jackson footage...

Actually, I've never thought about it.

But that would be actual compelling television now that you mention it.

5 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Ewww

The Bucs then the Browns? Do they actively try to pick the least interesting teams?

There are a lot of negative words that apply to the Browns, but uninteresting is not one of them. Aren't you at least a little curious to get a look into the windows of the Factory of Sadness? Don't you want to see the ingredients that get stuffed into the endless links of Failure Sausage?

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

There are a lot of negative words that apply to the Browns, but uninteresting is not one of them. Aren't you at least a little curious to get a look into the windows of the Factory of Sadness? Don't you want to see the ingredients that get stuffed into the endless links of Failure Sausage?

They went 0-16 and it's not even a big deal.

The moment Hue Jackson wasn't fired it went from funny to just exhausting.

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'll admit I am curious to get an inside look as to how badly Hue Jackson can fuck up what looks like a playoff roster on paper.

57 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I usually find Hard Knocks pretty interesting no matter who the team is. The fringe players tend to make for the best stories anyway. 

Totally agree. I mean the year that guy honestly believed that dinosaurs didn't exist was great, mostly because he truly believed they were fake.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I'll admit I am curious to get an inside look as to how badly Hue Jackson can fuck up what looks like a playoff roster on paper.

Totally agree. I think this team now has a pretty good amount of talent on it. Two legit proven receivers in Gordon and Landry. Decent, takes care of the football QB in Taylor. Break out DE in Garret. Two top 4 draft picks from this year, one being a loud in your face QB who after beating OHIO state in the horse shoe(against the #4 pick) proceeded to plant the Ok flag in the field, now he plays in OHIO...will be shocked if that reference doesn't come up.

So the reports from Rueben Foster's preliminary hearing yesterday are rather fascinating.  Against the advice of counsel, his ex-girlfriend not only recanted her original statement, but admitted to stealing $8k and a couple Rolexes from Foster immediately after the arrest, as well as claiming she made a similar false accusation against an ex-boyfriend in 2011.  It should be noted she also admitted Foster is continuing to help her check into an unspecified clinic.  

Who knows what is true, but it was a good day for L&O: SVU staff writers (that's show's still going, right?). 

Also, the arresting officer confirmed the rifle that spurred the weapons charge was legally purchased by Foster in Alabama - although it is still illegal in California.  Foster's attorney asked the judge to consider a misdemeanor charge on that count.  The judge said she will review the evidence and announce her ruling on Wednesday.

This is the double edged sword of the NFL trying to play the role of law and order. These athletes are meal tickets, and them losing their jobs means the money flow ends, thus incentivizing their spouses to either not report incidents of domestic violence and/or recanting their statements for a private settlement or just to keep the money coming. Who knows if Foster is innocent or not. The woman had a ruptured eardrum. But if she’s recanting, Foster has to be free to play.

Archived