Corvinus

The Final & 3rd Place - FRA v. CRO / BEL v. ENG

This is heartbreaking for Croatia. And Subasic won't be getting the Golden Glove now.

Oh well, Croatia have been good, and France were fortunate with the two goals in the first half, but the quality in the French side has shone through when it's come down to it.

Yeah -I was thinking Lloris had the golden glove in the bag. Not now. 

Heh, and Lloris plays himself out of contention for 'keeper of the tournament. Game back on?

2 minutes ago, AndrewJsonsen said:

Yeah -I was thinking Lloris had the golden glove in the bag. Not now. 

Courtois or Pickford now I guess

What a weird game! I wanted to congratulate Corvinus on winning the Fantasy League in the name of the Anabolics Anonymous, but it seems too be early to call just yet.

As for France - we got here in the most nonchalant way possible and do not need titles or trophies to know we are the best.  (We'll take them though ;) )

I think I dislike France more than I do England now, sometimes I wish football didn't come down to luck so much. Really, they were even lucky with those fucking losers that ran into the field and stopped Croatia's pressure. 

Edit: the ones running and ruining may have had a just cause and it takes guts to embarrass Putin like that, i just wish they didnt do it when croatia had france pinned down..

Edited by Mikael

Croatia have played well and France went in went their usual conservative game-plan except they have far more firepower on the counter than any team Croatia have faced. I think that VAR/the ref got the Perisic handball correct as well. Pogba has put in another excellent performance and capped it off with a great goal this time. After Lloris's error, France have managed this game well and are deserved winners.

I'm thinking Pogba will win player of the tournament.

France have been slightly underwhelming given the resources available to them but they probably were the most talented team at this World Cup so you can't argue with them winning too much.

1 minute ago, Corvinus of Teranga said:

I'm thinking Pogba will win player of the tournament.

Easily best player on the pitch today imo and it was close enough before this that his performance today should see him get it.