Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pebble thats Stubby

Gun Control

Recommended Posts

You’re my hero @Pebble thats Stubby .

How do I control my gun? It’s a Colt M1911.

I keep it in a safe with only one key that stays on my keychain. 

I’ve never actually been interested in buying a gun. The only reason I have this one is someone owed me a bit of money, and offered me it in recompense (I don’t think he ever was going to actually repay the cash)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guns will soon have legal personality in the US, which means that control on their freedom of expression will not be permissible; the silver lining is that they can be sued directly in tort for their delicts.  the NRA won't like the 13th amendment arguments of AI firearms much, neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

How do I control my gun? It’s a Colt M1911.

Blackmail. Colts in particular are very sensitive about such things, so if you take photos of the gun in compromising positions and make arrangements for them to be released in the event of your untimely death, I guarantee the gun won't get up to any shenanigans of its own accord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can second generation guns display signs of toxic masculinity? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Can second generation guns display signs of toxic masculinity? 

I am pretty sure that all guns display signs of toxic masculinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I am pretty sure that all guns display signs of toxic masculinity.

I think we can agree that KISS' love gun does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, parody account said:

control the guns with fluoride in the water and chem trails in the sky, gonna turn all your guns gay

well what about vaccines, do we want autistic guns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a local gun manufacturer had billboards last yr that had the normal caption "we support your right to bear arms"...but the image was of a big bear looking mean and holding a rifle... obviously they also must support my right to arm bears

...something that might effect their next hunting trip...just saying

:smoking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rap and Hip hop has never been to my liking but I respect the art form.

However, Eminem's new video is quite powerful and compelling:
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun control is a nonsensical pipe dream of authoritarians, many of whom don't even know how to properly handle a firearm. Each new iteration of CNC milling machines, 3D Printers and Plasma Cutting Tables is going to drive that home more and more because eventually you will have a relatively cheap way to produce your own firearms. The real losers will be the douchebags in the Military-Industrial Complex as their civilian market will mostly dry up. Eventually casting for cartridges will become widespread enough that ammo production will also begin to shift away from the big producers.

Spoiler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you lived in my country you would certainly want to have a gun at home. Not that it would help much in any situation, but I would certainly feel safer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheNecromancerofMirkwood said:

Gun control is a nonsensical pipe dream of authoritarians, many of whom don't even know how to properly handle a firearm. Each new iteration of CNC milling machines, 3D Printers and Plasma Cutting Tables is going to drive that home more and more because eventually you will have a relatively cheap way to produce your own firearms. The real losers will be the douchebags in the Military-Industrial Complex as their civilian market will mostly dry up. Eventually casting for cartridges will become widespread enough that ammo production will also begin to shift away from the big producers.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Ammunition control would actually be more effective in that environment.   The supply chain for the chemicals associated would be easier to control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TedBear said:

If you lived in my country you would certainly want to have a gun at home. Not that it would help much in any situation, but I would certainly feel safer

 

But are you actually safer or do merely feel  safer?

In America it is often thought guns in your household makes you safer-in the event of the dreaded home-invasion a gun may save the day. To be clear this short of scenario has happened. I know someone who this has happened before. Dude, I get that it could happen. Hell, I realize there was even a story a few weeks ago where “a good with a gun” was able to stop a bad guy with a gun from committing what would be a massacre in a church. 

These sort horrid scenarios where having a gun could prove useful could happen. 

But it is far more likely you’ll shoot a person you live with or close to if you have a gun.

It is also more likely if you have children in the house they’ll find the gun, and injure or worse yet kill themselves. 

Personally I find these sort of deaths should be the primary inspiration for stricter gun-control. Gun-related homicides are down, but the suicide rate continues to climb.

I do not know you’re given situation. Your context may be so totally different to where any of these issues simply will not apply to you. 

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, argonak said:

Ammunition control would actually be more effective in that environment.   The supply chain for the chemicals associated would be easier to control.

Not really as the recipe for smokeless gunpowder is pretty old, same with the primer. Good luck controlling copper (for the jacket and making the brass), lead (for the bullet) and zinc (for the brass). I mean, the French Resistance got the necessary materials when they were under Nazi occupation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...