MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

6 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

When we first see him he utterly wrecks the Hulk. The same Hulk who is orders of magnitude tougher than anyone else Thanos encounters on Titan. He even lets Hulk wail on him for a bit first. No problem. 

When he encounters the Guardians on Nowhere, he turns them into spaghetti or play dough or whatever. No problem.

When he arrives on Titan, he not only has his physical strength and fighting ability, he's armed with the gauntlet and 4 infinity stones. How is that even close to being a real fight?

You missed the most glaring inconsistency with that scene.  At the end of Endgame he basically singlehandedly defeats Thor, Iron Man, and Cap without ANY stones.

31 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

hmm, is this taking place within the Soul Stone?

This looks better than I expected.

Loki, and this is my guess, will somehow connect, at least loosely, to the Ant Man and the Wasp 3...as the time bureau place he seems to go to had prominent statues of the Time Keepers...

Think all the trailers so far look great, I’m pretty hyped for all those shows. Falcon and Winter soldier is probably the one I’d watch the most, and just on that I hope they do manage to keep some depth to those characters and don’t just turn them into quipping buddy buddies to try and build false rapport. I think what Bucky went through is an interesting journey and I don’t want them to turn him into standard side kick just to fit the plot. 

14 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

That's... absolutely correct. I did miss that. I think everybody missed that.

Holy crap that's totally insane.

Eh? Unless I’m missing something, there’s way more people fighting on Titan than Earth, and on Earth they’re two humans and an Asgardian. Titan has all four* Guardians, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Mantis, and the real game changer Doctor Strange. They had a plan to bombard Thanos through the portals and then have Mantis put him to sleep. Isn’t this way more interesting, that it isn’t a simple case of power levels vs power levels, and different types of powers have different results? The stones seem to be as good as your ideas for them and your plans, if you can’t think if a use for them in the heat of the moment I don’t think they just magically level you up so you can defend against any attack.

Anyway, holy shit, my brain can’t process 20 new Marvel and SW series so I’m gonna go lie down.

EDIT: actually, no Rocket or Gamora if I recall. Still 6 people with wildly different abilities to Cap, IM and Thor though.

13 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

EDIT: actually, no Rocket or Gamora if I recall. Still 6 people with wildly different abilities to Cap, IM and Thor though.

You left out Groot!  But anyway, yeah, there's only Quill, Drax and Mantis, along with Spidey, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange.  Plus Nebula comes in mid-fight (albeit she's the opposite of helpful considering all she does is crash her ship and then make Quill realize Thanos killed Gamora).  In other words, it's Thor and Cap compared to Quill, Drax, Mantis, Nebula, Spidey and Strange.  Plus four infinity stones.  I think the pirate angel cancels out the wizard, and Spidey and Cap are pretty evenly matched.  So basically then we got 4 of the GotG compared to 4 infinity stones.  They had trouble with the one and that was back when Quill had his Kurt Russell powers.

45 minutes ago, DMC said:

You left out Groot!  But anyway, yeah, there's only Quill, Drax and Mantis, along with Spidey, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange.  Plus Nebula comes in mid-fight (albeit she's the opposite of helpful considering all she does is crash her ship and then make Quill realize Thanos killed Gamora).  In other words, it's Thor and Cap compared to Quill, Drax, Mantis, Nebula, Spidey and Strange.  Plus four infinity stones.  I think the pirate angel cancels out the wizard, and Spidey and Cap are pretty evenly matched.  So basically then we got 4 of the GotG compared to 4 infinity stones.  They had trouble with the one and that was back when Quill had his Kurt Russell powers.

Regarding the final battle in Endgame, I was more distracted by the fact that Thanos wasn't able to liquefy Captain America's spine with some of those blows. This was before Cap got "the hammuh". I guess the good captain was tougher than the Hulk after all. :D

That, and why the hell did Captain Marvel go for the van when she could have easily flown the gauntlet into space, with Thanos and his army stranded on earth?

Cool visuals though.

In other news, the guy that directed Far From Home (an MCU film I hated) is directing FF4? Speaking as someone who thinks the previous films were unfairly maligned, I'm cautiously optimistic.

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

In other news, the guy that directed Far From Home (an MCU film I hated) is directing FF4? Speaking as someone who thinks the previous films were unfairly maligned, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Just checked out this guys IMDB page.. made me wonder how he ever got the job in the first place! He's like some random off the street!

24 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I don’t know why this is only just occurring to me, since we’ve known about it for ages, but do we know when WandaVision is set? Could it be between Civil War and Infinity War?

Ironically enough, this and She Hulk and anything made by James Gunn are the only things I'm even a little interested in when it comes to the MCU's future.

I want Wanda Vision to go full on David Lynch, but given the MCU's track record my fear is they will some how find a way to play it safe, like they did for most of their movies. Part of me would love if the whole show was just full on Jacob's Ladder and basically completely set in Wanda's head.

6 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I don’t know why this is only just occurring to me, since we’ve known about it for ages, but do we know when WandaVision is set? Could it be between Civil War and Infinity War?

Seems unlikely. It's in the present surely.

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Just checked out this guys IMDB page.. made me wonder how he ever got the job in the first place! He's like some random off the street!

Both Marvel and DC have been doing a fair bit of this the last few years tbf. Even the Russos- they weren't as unknown, but they'd done nothing remotely like a Marvel movie before they got Winter Soldier. Same is true of Peyton Reid and Taika Watiti is obviously a very, very indie comedy director as his day job. Alan Taylor had directed a lot of tv episodes but nothing very noteworth in film before he got Dark World.

Same is even more true of the upcoming ones, and DC did a similar thing when they gave Birds of Prey to Cathy Yan, whose only previous film was so small it didn't even have an IMBD page, and Shazam to David F. Sandberg, who'd done a couple horrors.

56 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Seems unlikely. It's in the present surely.

That’s what I’d always assumed, and you’re probably right, but after Civil War gives them a) a reason to be in hiding and create some weird alternate reality to live in and b) Vision is alive.

20 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

That’s what I’d always assumed, and you’re probably right, but after Civil War gives them a) a reason to be in hiding and create some weird alternate reality to live in and b) Vision is alive.

I'm not sure them hiding out in Edinburgh hotels for snatched moments of time together would fit with them living a life together in an alt-universe, but also the vibe is one of 'something's gone terribly wrong' and the smoking gun for me is that line in the first trailer for it where the neighbour lady says to Vision 'am I dead because you are'. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Wanda warping reality to try to bring him back.

Archived