NFL 2020: Please Don't Be Fetch

Tywin et al.

16 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This a really great breakdown on the top QB prospects from this years draft if anyone is interested. @Mexal check out what he thinks about Burrow as if you need anymore reason to be hyped about this kid...

https://medium.com/@thetim_dix/nfl-draft-how-strong-is-joe-burrows-arm-b69abd897399

Interesting stuff. The trigger gif was crazy. The mental processing is what has me so excited.

Is this when I can admit I wanted the Vikings to take Dalton in 2011?

He sure turned out to be better than Ponder... Also man, some of the picks taken around him. Watt was just one before us.

Stupid Badger. 

TIL:  Don Shula faced both an opponent who was a head coach in the NFL's first season, 1920, and an opponent who is still active in 2020.

He was 5-4 against George Halas and 2-0 against Bill Belichick.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

TIL:  Don Shula faced both an opponent who was a head coach in the NFL's first season, 1920, and an opponent who is still active in 2020.

He was 5-4 against George Halas and 2-0 against Bill Belichick.

I have no reason to assume you are lying, but that sounds ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have no reason to assume you are lying, but that sounds ridiculous. 

It really does.  I had to go look up George Halas' career, and sure enough, he started coaching in 1920, which startled me.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It really does.  I had to go look up George Halas' career, and sure enough, he started coaching in 1920, which startled me.

Yeah, it's good to note he was also 25 at the time.  

Don Shula is a big part of why I became a Dolphins fan.  Or at least the sports biography series in my grammar school library that had one volume out of 12 or so about Don Shula.  There were also volumes about some Yankees assholes and maybe Tom Landry, plus definitely one on AJ Foyt. I think one on Ted Williams too but preaching to the choir there. 

Plus the dolphin show at the Boston aquarium, but pretty sure I came up with Dolphins as the answer from Danny Mike's dad about who my favorite football team was on the way to see Star Trek the Motion Picture for Danny's birthday.  Reading about Don Shula after that definitely cemented it, then two superbowl appearances while also being a Whalers and Red Sox fan in the early 80s.

I liked Shula so much that I stopped rooting for the Dolphins once he left until Jimmy Johnson was gone for a few years.  (not that I missed much).  Just felt like that year Johnson was hanging around as a color commentary guy he was like a ghoul waiting to pounce once Shula was out.  Maybe that's what actually happened, or maybe that wasn't the time frame, but that was kind of a long time ago now.

One thing for sure I remember is that every year they seemed to be one of the least penalized teams in the league.  Discipline and preparation.  Sure the Patriots are the only team in the NFL to ever be 18-0 but Shula was one of the greats.

The Browns have been doing a series the past few years called Building the Browns and the most recent episode offered a really cool look at how the team conducted the draft this year.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Earl Thomas not showing proper social distancing etiquette

https://theblast.com/129468/social-media-reacts-to-ravens-safety-earl-thomas-almost-getting-

What's an orgy with a side of spousal gun fighting in a pandemic?

Sounds like a Tuesday if you're living well.

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What's an orgy with a side of spousal gun fighting in a pandemic?

Sounds like a Tuesday if you're living well.

I am going to paraphrase F. Scott Fitzgerald here and say that, "Professional athletes are not like you and me.  Well, certainly not me - who knows what you are getting up to nowadays."

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am going to paraphrase F. Scott Fitzgerald here and say that, "Professional athletes are not like you and me.  Well, certainly not me - who knows what you are getting up to nowadays."

Lol.

I just don't judge people by their sexual predilections, assuming women aren't being abused and children aren't being exploited.

Sounds like the crew of women were the ones feeling froggy in this tale. 

17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

No, stop, I can't.

Who would think that someone who wanted to retire early and relax because he earned that wouldn't fit with a hyper ambitious person who only has terrible business ideas? 

I watched two or three episodes of that trash show, and yeah, Jay is clearly the most likable person in any scene he was in. And that takes a lot.

JFC!

Really guys, you can't get by on your NFL money so your gonna start knocking off card games like a couple mobsters?

One of these losers was a frikn 1st round pick last year, so he's likely blew through a few million already.

Just disgusting behavior, here's the story-

Two NFL players are wanted for allegedly robbing partygoers at gunpoint

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/us/nfl-players-wanted-alleged-armed-robbery-spt/index.html

I just came here to post that.

Obviously you shouldn't be robbing people at gun point but you really shouldn't be taking part in an armed robbery when you can flee the scene in your Lamborghini. What morons.

Archived