Been inactive for 10 years, give me a summary of what happened

denstorebog

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It can't be ten years, I've read your posts, and I've only been a member for 9 years!

Fake news!

I started lurking in 2013, and I remember some  posts too.

But what’s a few years between board members?

Why mention it?

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I started lurking in 2013, and I remember some  posts too.

But what’s a few years between board members?

Why mention it?

You've made me feel so ashamed! :bawl:  :blushing:

Sorry!*

*the Canadian go-to response!

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

You've made me feel so ashamed! :bawl:  :blushing:

Sorry!*

*the Canadian go-to response!

Nooooooo! That wasn't my intention! :unsure:

Quick! I'll distract with a silly Youtube Video. (The one when the penguin hits the other penguin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LuiXF1i_JE

On 4/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, Sophelia said:

Denstorebog!  You probably won't thank me for remembering you this way but I have actually been thinking you recently as this twitter hashtag which keeps popping up with pictures of confectionary is vaguely (though not precisely) reminiscent of a past thread on this board for which you became infamous...  #pinkslice

It's all been downhill since then :P

Hey Soph, good to see you're still around! Being remembered for something is better than not at all, so I'll take it.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:31 PM, sologdin said:

i think we solved the pink stretch riddle.

I doubt it. After all,, your best attempt back in 2005 went something like:

uphill is an adverb here - i.e., there is no "hill" in the problem, strictly speaking.
other "stretches" of the word pink -
kin
nip
pi

nip, a verb, visible, but otherwise insensible - curious.
pi, a greek letter, an irrational number - very curious.

"a rolling ball" - something spherical this way comes...hmm

spheres are produced by some value of pi, right?

"behind it," i.e., the "rolling ball," the sphere, is a mathematics that produces spheres, which exist, really, only in mathematics. "behind it" = backing it, supporting it, producing it.

"nearby" pi - the number, or the greek letter? sigma, rho are the adjacent letters, IIRC.

don't know what to make of "goes uphill," the entire 2nd sentence, or the 4 4-letter words. hmm.

Okay, on closer inspection, that was actually pretty impressive.

12 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Did you ever think that if you hadn't been gone for the last 10 years maybe we wouldn't be in the position we're in now?  Did you?  

An awful lot of bad stuff does seem to have happened in my absence, yes.

6 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Hey Soph, good to see you're still around! Being remembered for something is better than not at all, so I'll take it.

I also remember that you were one of the board wits, always enjoyed reading threads you were in.  You were in the writers group, and do I remember right that you wrote some really excellent electronic music? 

P.S. Jaxom!  I'd forgotten you!  (Not really - remember meeting you actually, good times!)

2 hours ago, Sophelia said:

I also remember that you were one of the board wits, always enjoyed reading threads you were in.  You were in the writers group, and do I remember right that you wrote some really excellent electronic music? 

I'll just one-up you and end this obvious battle of memories by saying that I (vaguely) remember Perstali (sic?), the City of Steps B)

7 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

I'll just one-up you and end this obvious battle of memories by saying that I (vaguely) remember Perstali (sic?), the City of Steps B)

Absolutely correct!  Wow - you do have a good memory!

1 hour ago, Zoë Sumra said:

Hi, all. I also decided that The End Of The World As We Know It would be a good time to reactivate here. Lost a few years to APD and PPD here and there but we are good, considering. *waves*

Welcome back!

On 4/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My wife has accused me of being a communist for almost 20 years.  :)

Yes, but...no offence...doesn’t that accusation come out whenever people suggest splitting the bar bill in your neck of the woods?

Also, as for the update, we were very regularly and enthusiastically educated on how much GRRM is not our bitch. 

37 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Did you miss that time Ro murdered someone? Because that and Bonesy passing were the big landmarks

I caught both of those. :/ (the latter while lurking) Thank you for mentioning them, because... urgh.

44 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Did you miss that time Ro murdered someone? Because that and Bonesy passing were the big landmarks

Ro murdered someone?? I’ve never actually left the board (even if I post less due to being on my phone mostly) but that’s gone over my head.

4 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Yes, but...no offence...doesn’t that accusation come out whenever people suggest splitting the bar bill in your neck of the woods?

Also, as for the update, we were very regularly and enthusiastically educated on how much GRRM is not our bitch. 

Well... yes.

Archived