Football: The Closed Season

mormont

4 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Missed it, what happened?

Ederson came out trying to clear the ball and went both fists and feet through Eric Garcia. Was down for like 10 minutes and was carried off very, very strapped down.

Also Ederson made himself look like an utter sociopath by laughing and doing his little stretches right next to Garcia as he was being tended to.

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

That's the Arsenal I know and love. So happy they're back.

Tbf on this particular occasion I wouldn't blame anyone apart from Luiz. You were playing well, even with City getting more chances, until he got involved. Injuries fucked you really.

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

Tbf on this particular occasion I wouldn't blame anyone apart from Luiz. You were playing well, even with City getting more chances, until he got involved. Injuries fucked you really.

Agree that Luiz fucked up big time and the injuries didn't help. That being said, Arsenal still managed 0 shots on target. That's not going to win you many games regardless of how many individual defensive mistakes you make.

Looks like Chelsea really mean business. Ziyech and Werner already wrapped up. Havertz could be on his way as well.  The only iffy transfer target is Chilwell - he's been pretty poor this season and some reports have said that Leicester would want more than £50m. 

I see Jack Grealish has now been charged for that time for when he went to a party during the lockdown, crashed into a bunch of cars on his way home, and fled the scene before the police arrived.

What a champion dicksplash.

Question for BFC or anyone else who may know- will he get off lighter for driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop at or report a collision, than he would have done for drink-driving?

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Looks like Chelsea really mean business. Ziyech and Werner already wrapped up. Havertz could be on his way as well.  The only iffy transfer target is Chilwell - he's been pretty poor this season and some reports have said that Leicester would want more than £50m. 

Havertz would be very expensive tho. And by expensive I mean, Pogba money.

Rumoredly Leverkusen want 100m € for Havertz (corona or coronot). That price tag has prompted Bayern to bow out for now (at least that's the word on the street). Bayern might want to make new attempt next year, if Havertz were still at Leverkusen by then, that is.

Like I said, I think Havertz is the bigger prize among German players right now (compared to Werner). But a lot depends on what football a club wants to play. If Chelsea want to play a quick counter attacking game, ala Liverpool, then Werner is a better fit. With Havertz, I think you'd get the most out of him on a more possession based game ala Guardiola. Of course, they are good players and can play both ways, depending on what the team/manager wants, but like I said, I think a Guardiola team would simply be a better fit for Havertz.

5 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I see Jack Grealish has now been charged for that time for when he went to a party during the lockdown, crashed into a bunch of cars on his way home, and fled the scene before the police arrived.

What a champion dicksplash.

Question for BFC or anyone else who may know- will he get off lighter for driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop at or report a collision, than he would have done for drink-driving?

It entirely depends on the whims of the person making the decision. Ordinarily I'd say yes.

But some pissed up fuckwit only got a 12 month ban for driving 7 miles the wrong way down a motorway. Sentencing decisions boggle the mind. 

Newcastle havent won a trophy since 1969, and it feels like the takeover saga started before then. Do it or dont, but get on with it for fucks sake. 

On 6/18/2020 at 7:25 AM, polishgenius said:

Having 5 interchanges doesn't help much when you lose two players separately in the first 20 minutes, and then get a third receive a red card in the second half.  Bloody hell Luiz!

Archived