US Politics: The Roll Call Heard Across America

Fragile Bird

5 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So not saving them from COVID-19 and passing it on the grandma and grandpa then.

No, being trafficked for sex and to be ground up to make adrinochrome to keep the wealthy elite (but only the wealthy elite I disagree with) young and healthy is a much bigger danger than a global pandemic that has killed at least 170000 Americans

I hate that I know so much about this madness.

Day 4 was kinda religious and the darkness and light thing seemed like a low-key call out. Joe's really religious. Found this.

This darkness/light reference goes back casting stones - exactly what Trump does. Wonder how many evangelicals picked this up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some weird stuff going on in religious circles.

The controversy over the book underscores the conservative-progressive battle lines that have exploded in the Catholic church following Benedict’s decision in 2013 to become the first pope in 600 years to retire.

Extracts of the book published by France’s Le Figaro newspaper on Sunday ignited a fresh round of briefings from backers of the current pope and traditionalists nostalgic for Benedict’s orthodoxy. The book is published in France on Wednesday.

Francis’s supporters claimed the increasingly frail Benedict, 92, had been manipulated by members of his rightwing entourage into writing something that amounted to a frontal attack on Francis.

Adding - not just Catholics.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/us/united-methodist-church-split-christianity/index.html

13 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I thought it was vampire, blood drinking, evil Democrats who kidnap them and hide them in basements. Do I have the wrong group?

For the record they are not vampires, they just use the liquefied remains of children to create adrinochrome to preserve their youth.

12 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

to be ground up to make adrinochrome to keep the wealthy elite

Wow, yeah.  I didn't know that about them, and rather I never did.  JFC it's like they're on the Walking Dead writing staff.  Or just simply a scientologist.

11 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

This darkness/light reference goes back casting stones - exactly what Trump does. Wonder how many evangelicals picked this up.

Zero. The very idea that zealotous Americans would recognize, let alone understand, a biblical story that wasn't read to them or featuring pictures is laughable.

I was thinking I'd like a thread listing all the American freak show groups crawling about the internet as I do not know much about them, but now I don't think I could take it. And let's not forget the anti-reptilians, founded by a British journalist, I hear.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Wow, yeah.  I didn't know that about them, and rather I never did.  JFC it's like they're on the Walking Dead writing staff.  Or just simply a scientologist.

Man, it is shocking how close these people are to seeing the actual issue (the wealthy elite on all sides using their connections and money to live above the law), but instead take a sharp turn into utter madness. Kind of makes you wonder if the true conspiracy is the elite  maintaining the status quo by dividing the lower classes using insane conspiracies to create a wedge between those who dismiss those who buy in and suspicion of those that don't.

1 minute ago, GrimTuesday said:

Kind of makes you wonder if the true conspiracy is the elite  maintaining the status quo by dividing the lower classes using insane conspiracies to create a wedge between those who dismiss those who buy in and suspicion of those that don't.

Mayhaps the...opiate of the people.

57 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I was thinking I'd like a thread listing all the American freak show groups crawling about the internet as I do not know much about them, but now I don't think I could take it. And let's not forget the anti-reptilians, founded by a British journalist, I hear.

Please provide proof that you are not a reptilian infiltrator.

7 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Please provide proof that you are not a reptilian infiltrator.

Do not worry, I am a normal human that enjoys laying on a sun-baked rock and removing my skinsuit in my off time like all other normal humans. I have pictures of me enjoying a not-warm beverage that prove this authenticity and my lack of a copy of the cookbook, "Cooking With Children," will also help verify this truth.

Now, please, pass me your crispiest and most delectable human child. There is a pot on my stove that is full of water that needs cleaning.

10 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I want this to be true. If people could go to the public option and do better, and people who want to keep private insurance can keep it, and it all works out, that'd be great. But the public option poses such a potential dangerous to insurance company profits that I'm just too cynical to believe it would happen this way.

Yea I don’t think that’s an unfair reading of the situation. Changing anything is always going to be tougher than it looks when there’s a whole private industry based around profiting from it in its current form.

Totally unrelated but a few years ago my wife and I went on a trip to the UK and during a part of that trip we stayed at some AirBnB in London for a few days. There was a pub in the neighborhood, within a block or two of where we were staying, called the Sir RICHARD Steele.  The wife and I would go out and about it in London all day and generally plan to end the day with a pint or two at that pub near where we were staying. I absolutely could not stop calling it the Simon Steele every time I’d refer to it in conversation with my wife. There was a weird preexisting catch in my brain that kept rerouting back to this damn website. I could not get it right. And I just want you to know that that is entirely your fault.

10 hours ago, TrackerNeil said:

And do the debates even matter? Back in 2016, HRC was judged to have won all three, for all the good THAT did her.

I think that there is actually kind of a perverse advantage in Trump’s nonsensical rambling.

Those who are predisposed to mistrusting the government treat Trump‘s ramblings a bit like a buffet. They’ll pick up what they like, completely disregard the rest, and be scornful of the elitist fucks who think they are too good for a buffet. 

27 minutes ago, S John said:

Yea I don’t think that’s an unfair reading of the situation. Changing anything is always going to be tougher than it looks when there’s a whole private industry based around profiting from it in its current form.

Totally unrelated but a few years ago my wife and I went on a trip to the UK and during a part of that trip we stayed at some AirBnB in London for a few days. There was a pub in the neighborhood, within a block or two of where we were staying, called the Sir RICHARD Steele.  The wife and I would go out and about it in London all day and generally plan to end the day with a pint or two at that pub near where we were staying. I absolutely could not stop calling it the Simon Steele every time I’d refer to it in conversation with my wife. There was a weird preexisting catch in my brain that kept rerouting back to this damn website. I could not get it right. And I just want you to know that that is entirely your fault.

Lol, that made my night! Thanks for sharing.

Archived