US politics : clowns want their money back

Rippounet

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Of course, never say never.  But this sounds like you're eating cheetos in your basement.

I'm just trying to think up creative scenarios that could work. I mean I'm 80% sure Trump legit is infected, but I think it's a possibility that I can't really dismiss at the moment.

Also I don't like Cheetos much, and they are very hard to get here.

And I don't have a basement.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Of course - and have you seen the list of people who were on Air Force One with Hicks and Trump?  It's like 25 people, and they're necessarily in close proximity on that plane.  Meadows just said he tested negative.  Hopefully with polarization there was very limited contact between Trump and Biden's camp.  But then there's always that shifty Wallace.

If I remember correctly, on average someone with covid passes it on to three people, and it would be one thing if it was somehow just the candidate and Wallace at the debate but it was a whole TV production, so the possibility of co-mingling among the production professionals working the debate could be a potential vector. Of course, that average spread that ai am remembering was back before mask wearing was becoming more commonplace, so those number may be based assumptions of longer periods spent exposing others so those numbers may have changed.

Just now, Makk said:

I think it is genuine. When he launched those missiles at the Russian runway in Syria, I thought that was quite possibly a conspiracy agreement. But I doubt he would fake this. 

I love it (not really)! Things are actually in such a state where the idea of this being a false flag incident can't be 100% dismissed out of hand. There is just no trust that politics is a game being played by honest actors. It's an extremely sad state of affairs.

1 minute ago, ants said:

Norman Swann on the (Australian) ABC said his profile has a fatality rate of 7-18%.

I dont think thats particularly applicable since very few well off people die. Much less politicians and other powerful ones. 

Just now, ants said:

Norman Swann on the (Australian) ABC said his profile has a fatality rate of 7-18%.

I wonder what the rates of long term health issues is for people in his age group. I know that we have seen heart issues and lung scarring as a result of having covid, even if this doesn't kill Trump outright, it could dramatically shorten his life if he ends up having additional health issues.

5 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I mean I'm 80% sure Trump legit is infected, but I think it's a possibility that I can't really dismiss at the moment.

I'd say the chances of a conspiracy are safely under .1%.  There's also the fact that when you're down 7-8 points, YOU need the debates, not your opponent.  Now Trump may not know that, but Meadows certainly does.

2 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I love it (not really)! Things are actually in such a state where the idea of this being a false flag incident can't be 100% dismissed out of hand. There is just no trust that politics is a game being played by honest actors. It's an extremely sad state of affairs.

I could believe if there was a benefit to him doing this he would, but I can't see what it is. He is going to have to quarantine for two weeks and have multiple new doctors check on him. Huge risk he gets caught imo. 

4 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

There's definitely something serious going on since two the US's "fuck around and find out" apocalypse planes are flying around right now.

Yes, it's an strong indication that something serious is going on. Where's Pence and the rest of the chain of command?

(as a side note, Russians were claiming that US bombers were taking exercise shots at Russian bases some time ago)

2 minutes ago, ants said:

I don't know about the writing being that good, surely Biden or Trump getting COVID was the obvious plot line???

That's why is has to be fake. Or is it being fake the obvious plotline? It's genuine, but everyone believes it fake?

8 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

There's definitely something serious going on since two the US's "fuck around and find out" apocalypse planes are flying around right now.

Jeez, anyone would think POTUS is necessary for BAU to happen in the USA or for the military to actually function. As long as my conspiracy model is plausible then this happening is completely consistent with it being a conspiracy limited to a very small number of people.

On this being a conspiracy, these people aren't even capable of grade school level spelling. Their fuckupery is legend.

Voting is going on right now. More states start voting in days. Lots of folks are going to be a whole lot less inclined to be excited about voting for a morbidly obese 74 year old with well-publicized mystery health problems who just got diagnosed with Covid and who has a VP with the charisma of a houseplant.

19 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Arent you the person who believes that you must have a fully automatic weapon with multiple magazines in your home because you're afraid of many people invading your home at once?

He also thinks jailing people for same-sex activity, and goverment giving preferational treatment to Christians is something at true Christian should strive to see happen.

Also Qanon posits democrat politicians are eating babies. 

The idea of trump fake being sick isn't that extreme a theory by comparison.

Its probably not true but eh.

5 minutes ago, Makk said:

I could believe if there was a benefit to him doing this he would, but I can't see what it is. He is going to have to quarantine for two weeks and have multiple new doctors check on him. Huge risk he gets caught imo. 

There is no risk of him being caught by medical staff. The disease is known to be asymptomatic in a proportion of people, including over 70s. The only way to catch the lie is to re-test in he next few days. But there is no reason to retest an infected person until at least 14 days post confirmation, and by that time a negative test just means he has a great immune system and cleared the virus without any problems. If you create fake documentation then that is an exposure risk. Otherwise if everyone involved sticks to the story and there is a legit positive test on Trump's medical file exposure risk is very low. Someone might need to be disappeared after the election though. So that could be a problem.

6 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

On this being a conspiracy, these people aren't even capable of grade school level spelling. Their fuckupery is legend.

Voting is going on right now. More states start voting in days. Lots of folks are going to be a whole lot less inclined to be excited about voting for a morbidly obese 74 year old with well-publicized mystery health problems who just got diagnosed with Covid and who has a VP with the charisma of a houseplant.

They were going to be voting for that anyway, so that's a non-factor. Diagnosed with COVID-19 will gain sympathy votes and will only lose him votes if he legit gets seriously ill and people actually think he might die. If he's a box of birds through this whole thing it's actually not a negative for him at all.

Getting back to the 9/11 truther comparison, in 2004 I took a class called Oliver Stone's America run by Peter Kuznick.  Stone came in and answered questions for about two hours.  A number of truthers asked him about it, and he repeatedly dismissed it and eventually was clearly getting annoyed.  Remember laughing to myself and thinking, "when even Oliver Stone thinks your conspiracy theory is ridiculous, you really gotta be out there."

2 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

If he's a box of birds through this whole thing it's actually not a negative for him at all.

You have no way of knowing that at all and neither does anyone else.  It absolutely could still damage him politically even if he "remains" asymptomatic and is cleared in two weeks.

Archived