US Politics - The Long Night

Disturber of Peace

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

In the interests of not getting my hopes up, I was prepared for them all to be off by 5%. This is ridiculous.

Honestly, even I thought it’d sound too pessimistic if I said Trump would big by bigger margins in these states than he did last time.

I felt tempted, to say such on this board, but I knew I’d be called a bet wetter. 

Just trust the polls.

Fuck that noise.

Fuck the polls. This was always close as hell, and so far every prediction I made is right.

2 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Biden has won Minnesota, so no pickup there for Trump. Also, Biden is on TV saying he believes he is on track to win

what margins?

Just now, IheartIheartTesla said:

Biden has won Minnesota, so no pickup there for Trump. Also, Biden is on TV saying he believes he is on track to win

Possible, with the votes in PA missing from Allegheny (?) county. But it's definately too close for comfort.

3 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Well, I think we can say this is the worst polling screw-up for a US Presidential Election since 1948.

I said months ago pollsters across the board need to be fired if they fuck up like this again. Humans are not robots, and that's lost on many of them. 

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So he's seeing some bad numbers come over the horizon?

Other than the Freudian slip about the Poles, the tweet sounds like exactly what everyone expected he'd say if he had a "lead" in the Midwest three on election night.  Haven't we anticipated this for months?

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yes. Pollsters suck. Democrats shouldn't get hyped listening to them.

It cuts a few ways. People lied about the data all the time in 2012 from what I saw on presidential and senatorial campaigns. 

Archived