US Politics - The Long Night

Disturber of Peace

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

You can't rationalize this. Whether Biden wins or not, this is about Americans embracing hatred. This is exactly what Trump wanted and meant by MAGA.

I agree on that, but it's still worth asking how they rationalize it to themselves. Trump's campaign has been about giving people lame excuses to choose from to justify their wanting to vote for him when there was no good reason.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I’m not gloating, I wanted to be wrong, and I’m telling you I was right, in hopes in the election you won't have the same smug attitude for someone ”you’re just being paranoid, it's totally not 2020.”

It is. The gap Biden would have to surpass with the mail in ballots looks insurmountable and if Pennsylvania is anywhere like the rest of the country, the polls fucked up. Bigger this time. 

Can I ask what outcome you are looking for with this exchange on the board? Do you honestly care if DMC is smug in four years enough to spam the whole thread now about being right? I don’t think you do, and certainly the rest of us don’t. 

58 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Well, President Shithole is supposed to make a statement from the White House soon.

I imagine it will be a restrained ask for democratic patience, that everyone knew would be required.

Fucking guy, always with the obvious,

I’m not gloating, I wanted to be wrong, and I’m telling you I was right

It's curious you could be "right" about anything when 5 of the key swing states have yet to be called, three of them are entirely up in the air, Biden is up 6 in Arizona with 80% of the vote, and Georgia looks to be a tossup - as the polls said.  Were you "right" about Minnesota?

4 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Can I ask what outcome you are looking for with this exchange on the board? Do you honestly care if DMC is smug in four years enough to spam the whole thread now about being right? I don’t think you do, and certainly the rest of us don’t. 

Dunking from the middle of the court? 

5 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yes.
If Biden had Routek I think he may have gotten Texas. At least he would not lost this badly.
But Democrats had to pick the California senator who's a black woman. Someone states Biden needs to win would care for less because of her demographics.

You think the VP candidate would have made up the gap in Texas? If picking some other VP candidate would NOT be worth 800,000 votes in Texas, who the fuck cares if he "would not have lost this badly?"

3 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

I imagine it will be a restrained ask for democratic patience, that everyone knew would be required.

Fucking guy, always with the obvious,

I had to laugh when the CNN reporter on the scene said something like, "And when the President starts speaking it's likely he's going to say a lot of false things."

18 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I do care.
I care because I legitimately don't want to see Democrats do what I saw him and other posters like him doing here for months.

I don't want to see an article like this again;
https://newrepublic.com/article/159355/democrats-fear-biden-upset-trump-repeat-2020

From any one who wants to beat back fascism again.

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's curious you could be "right" about anything when 5 of the key swing states have yet to be called, three of them are entirely up in the air, Biden is up 6 in Arizona with 80% of the vote, and Georgia looks to be a tossup - as the polls said.  Were you "right" about Minnesota?

Florida was lost, so was Georgia, the democrat’s senate prospects are dead, texas. The black and Latino share for Trump so far has shown inroads in Democratic support with them turning out in support of Trump a couple more points than their usual margins.

And none of the states of Blue wall seem to returning to Biden’s fold.

Biden is not leading the popular vote by 10 or even 7.5.

He’s leading by a point and a half.

Less than Clinton and quite frankly lower than even I feared would be the case.
I possibly got Arizona—a usually republican state!
Wrong.

I think Georgia will go red. 

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Looks like Trump is about to come out.  Time for shots and a cigarette!  ...Maybe two.

I'm sure that he will be gracious and charming, urging Americans to unite behind whichever candidate wins, and congratulating Joe Biden on his campaign.

21 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yes.
If Biden had Routek I think he may have gotten Texas. At least he would not lost this badly.
But Democrats had to pick the California senator who's a black woman. Someone states Biden needs to win would care for less because of her demographics.

What is Routek?

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Looks like Trump is about to come out.  Time for shots and a cigarette!  ...Maybe two.

Basically confirmed he's staging a coup if he loses. "They're trying to disenfranchise you and I wont let them" (paraphrasing)

17 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

You think the VP candidate would have made up the gap in Texas? If picking some other VP candidate would NOT be worth 800,000 votes in Texas, who the fuck cares if he "would not have lost this badly?"

I think a white man like Rourke who almost won a senate seat there would have at least made it a lot closer at least.

I did not  care if Biden made history by taking on Harris as a running mate.
I cared if he won, and by all appearances he didn’t.

So, I woke up and got 2016 flashbacks...

I am looking at Associated Press map and votes, so can someone explain to me where does hope for Biden win comes from? Honestly (and more importantly, sadly), I don't see Trump losing this.

I think a white man like Rourke who almost won senate seat there would have at least made it a lot closer.

And you don't think that might cost Biden more crucial votes in other states?

*Maybe* he should have picked an African American male. I don't think picking a white guy would've shifted votes from Trump. Hilary picked a white guy and it did nothing IIRC.

7 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I do care.
I care because I legitimately don't want to see Democrats do what I saw him and other posters like him doing here for months.

I don't want to see an article like this again;
https://newrepublic.com/article/159355/democrats-fear-biden-upset-trump-repeat-2020

From any one who wants to beat back fascism again.

Florida was lost, so was Georgia, the democrat’s senate prospects are dead, texas. The black and Latino share for Trump so far has shown inroads in Democratic support with them turning out in support of Trump a couple more points than their usual margins.

And none of the states of Blue wall seem to returning to Biden’s fold.

Biden is not leading the popular vote by 10 or even 7.5.

He’s leading by a point and a half.

Less than Clinton and quite frankly lower than even I feared would be the case.
I possibly got Arizona—a usually republican state!
Wrong.

I think Georgia will go red. 

So you think fascism or not hinges upon the smugness of half a dozen left leaning fantasy book nerds on the internet?  And you think that Beto O’Rourke was going to flip Texas based on being unable to beat the least liked person in the US Senate?

1 minute ago, Mladen said:

So, I woke up and got 2016 flashbacks...

I am looking at Associated Press map and votes, so can someone explain to me where does hope for Biden win comes from? Honestly (and more importantly, sadly), I don't see Trump losing this.

Right now, he has to win both PA and MI. Or, a miracle in GA could substitute for MI.

Archived