US Politics: Does the fat man singing count?

Ser Scot A Ellison

6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

It’s up because the market figures bad jobs numbers are going to force some kind of stimulus bill.

Also, it looks like after months of sitting on their cash  Americans [s/] rich people are buying stocks again.

damn, that feeling when you try to do a FTFY quote from your phone and fuck up the formatting.  

laugh to up, y'all,

laugh it up

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm taking bets. Larry has sent over/under five accidental dick pics in his life.

Under. Larry has never, not once, sent any dick pic accidentally, because all of his schlong is 100% deliberate. 

8 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Under. Larry has never, not once, sent any dick pic accidentally, because all of his schlong is 100% deliberate. 

I want to say the 90's are calling you, but I can't say for sure.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm taking bets. Larry has sent over/under five accidental dick pics in his life.

Over. Way over. He sent me more than five accidental dick pics today. Unless Mlle. Moist Nips is his pet name for me that I don’t know about. In which case he’s sent me more than five intentional dick pics today.

4 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Nope  that was his second wife

While I can certainly see the man crush potential in lil Count Sexula - just ask any female boarder about that little mini-nuke which is Rudy G. - I still find your Rudy obsession a bit weird.

Are you by any chance another cousin of his? :leaving:

I'm more than a little obsessed with every stage we pass to finalize this election and kick the Orange Menace out of the White House. As milestones go this is an important one:

Joe Biden now officially has more than the 270 Electoral College votes he needs to claim the presidency after California certified its election results on Friday evening.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla approved the results of Biden’s victory, according to his office, which Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom will use to prepare the Certificate of Ascertainment appointing the state’s 55 electors for Biden.

The electors will meet in their states on Dec. 14 to cast their votes, which Congress will tally in a joint session on Jan. 6.

California counties had until today to report all of their votes, and California has until December 11th to certify all the results of the election. But the counties had a deadline of Dec. 1st to report their results of the contest for Presidential Electors (aka the popular vote for President.) That is now done and it has now been sent by the Secretary of State to the Governor for his signature and the preparation of Certificate of Ascertainment. 

Next deadline: December 8th for all states to send in their Certificates of Ascertainment to the National Archives to meet the "Safe Harbor" deadline. 

Most important upcoming date is the December 14th vote of the Electoral College. I've already stated my worries about possible attempts to muck up and delay this process.

After that the January 6th vote on the acceptance of those votes by both Houses of Congress. There will be challenges here this time.

Then we get to have the celebration of watching remotely the Inauguration on January 20th.

I won't stop obsessing until every step along the way is done.

At which point I will be marking on my countdown calendar the days to a Trump indictment.

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

While I can certainly see the man crush potential in lil Count Sexula - just ask any female boarder about that little mini-nuke which is Rudy G. - I still find your Rudy obsession a bit weird.

Are you by any chance another cousin of his? :leaving:

Haha, like I said, I mostly know the whole married his cousin thing because I watch Not Even a Show (a youtube show that is pretty funny if you enjoy watching right wing radio shows get prank called), and Chris calls Rudy a couple times a week to ask about it. Then because Ty asked the question and I hate to admit I don't know something so I hit up Wikipedia.

Pulling troops out of Somalia and other places is probably the least harmful thing the bumbler chief could do On the way out.  Needs to be done but our military won't allow it because it cuts into their bottom line and the typical American is too cowardly to stand up to the military.

I hope he pulls out everywhere. It's one of the few things he is good at.

1 minute ago, Freshwater Spartan said:

Pulling troops out of Somalia and other places is probably the least harmful thing the bumbler chief could do On the way out.  Needs to be done but our military won't allow it because it cuts into their bottom line and the typical American is too cowardly to stand up to the military.

I hope he pulls out everywhere. It's one of the few things he is good at.

This isn't how it works. 

Supreme Court to review rulings against Trump's Medicaid work rules
Lower courts had rejected President Donald Trump's Medicaid overhaul.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/04/supreme-court-medicaid-work-rules-442923

The Supreme Court on Friday said it would consider the Trump administration’s request to reinstate work rules for some Medicaid enrollees, even as President-elect Joe Biden will look to wind down his predecessor’s conservative remake of the safety net health care program.

The justices will hear appeals of lower court rulings that overturned the Trump administration’s approval of programs in Arkansas and New Hampshire requiring some low-income adults to work, volunteer or attend school as a condition of receiving coverage.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:52 AM, DMC said:

And this reveals your misunderstanding of the progressive movement.  The DSA is 86,000 members.  Is that a part of the progressive movement?  Sure.  But does it "most fully" represent the progressive movement?  No.  It most fully represents your definition of the progressive movement, which is a decidedly isolated and fringe conceptualization.  This is even more apparent with your suggestion that the counter-productive morons of Chapo Trap House "relay the pulse of the movement."

You mean Harris' article?  K, I asked cuz I cited multiple articles by the time you responded.  Anyway, obviously you're still not getting the basic premise of Harris' article.  The entire point is that, yes, the stupid left opposes Tanden.  But the stupid left hardly has a monopoly on the progressive movement - and is indeed not echoed by elite representatives - from Warren and Brown to Barbara Lee and Stacey Abrams (who, btw, is on the board of directors at CAP, as is Julian Castro, two politicians most would consider progressive).  Even leaders of prominent progressive groups, like Hauser at Revolving Door, Rojas at Justice Democrats, Data for Progress co-founder Sean McElwee:

And Progressive Change Campaign Committee co-founder Adam Green:

I think you're not catching my point, which is fine. 

Seems par for the course:

President Trump called Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) on Saturday morning to urge him to persuade the state legislature to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state and asked the governor to order an audit of absentee ballot signatures, the latest brazen effort by the president to interfere in the 2020 election.

Hours before he was scheduled to hold a rally in Georgia on behalf of the state’s two GOP senators, Trump pressed Kemp to call a special session of the state legislature to get lawmakers to override the results and appoint electors that would back him, according to a person familiar with the conversation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private call. He also asked the governor to demand an audit of signatures on mail ballots, something Kemp has previously noted he has no power to do.

Kemp declined the entreaty from Trump, according to the person.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-kemp-call-georgia/2020/12/05/fd8d677c-3721-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html

Archived