US Politics: Does the fat man singing count?

Ser Scot A Ellison

If somebody had told me a couple of months ago that we’d only seen the tip of the crazy iceberg that is Rudy Giuliani, I’d have said that was impossible. But then the guy goes and sticks his hand down his pants while being filmed by Borat, holds a presser at Four Seasons Total Landscaping, literally begins to melt in live TV, and farts into a hot mic during his big fraud hearing. 

28 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

If somebody had told me a couple of months ago that we’d only seen the tip of the crazy iceberg that is Rudy Giuliani, I’d have said that was impossible. But then the guy goes and sticks his hand down his pants while being filmed by Borat, holds a presser at Four Seasons Total Landscaping, literally begins to melt in live TV, and farts into a hot mic during his big fraud hearing. 

I credit Chris James of Not Even A Show for calling his radio show every week asking him why he fucked his cousin.

49 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

House just voted to federally decriminalize weed.

Bustos, Cuellar, Lamb, Lipinski, Pappas, and Peterson were the 6 nay votes for the Dems.

Senate probably won't even take the bill up.

Interesting to see that Matt Gaetz of all people had a surprisingly impassioned speech in favor of the bill. He was one of the 5 Republicans to vote Aye.

8 minutes ago, Fez said:

Interesting to see that Matt Gaetz of all people had a surprisingly impassioned speech in favor of the bill. He was one of the 5 Republicans to vote Aye.

Go look up his past. I'm not surprised at all that a party boy from FL is cool with weed.

3 minutes ago, Fez said:

I don't see it as being surprising. Gaetz is a frat boy who realizes the fight is lost on weed, and would rather toke it up than opposing a popular policy.

3 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I don't see it as being surprising. Gaetz is a frat boy who realizes the fight is lost on weed, and would rather toke it up than opposing a popular policy.

At this point, I find it newsworthy when any elected Republican has enough critical thinking skills to realize anything at all.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why is the market up despite a bad jobs report? I don't understand it which makes it evil, awful and bad! :spank:

It’s up because the market figures bad jobs numbers are going to force some kind of stimulus bill.

Also, it looks like after months of sitting on their cash Americans are buying stocks again.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think he picked up some Panama Red along the way had that’s how he became Roger Stoned.

Hush. If you were not so sloppy in covering the tracks of Operation Rocket Man, Stone wouldn't be on to us. You had one job, covering the tracks ffs.

58 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hush. If you were not so sloppy in covering the tracks of Operation Rocket Man, Stone wouldn't be on to us. You had one job, covering the tracks ffs.

Oh FFS I put the blanket on the tracks, just like you said. I even watched the instructional video you sent me multiple times. 

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Probably that secret base where the CIA stored the Red Oktober after helping Captain Ramius defect with it!

You beat me to this Dante.  Its the last place any satellite would look for it!  Between this and the CIA Director apparently personally fighting against special forces in Germany, these conspiracies are starting to sound like a Tom Clancy novel.  The major difference being, Clancy was well known to do a good bit of research before coming up with his plots to make sure they were at least semi-plausible! 

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh FFS I put the blanket on the tracks, just like you said. I even watched the instructional video you sent me multiple times. 

Yeah, but I also told you not to talk to anybody cosplaying as the Mad Hatter from the DC Universe. I explicitly warned you, Roger Stone is like Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther movies. Just unlike Seller's Clouseau he would assault a random Asian guy for no good reason.

If you need some entertainment, I can recommend delving into the affadavits being submitted in evidence by Sidney Powell.

I think my favourite may be 'I remained in my car in a parking space that viewed the front entrance to Suite 210 for several hours observing absolutely nothing'.

On the decriminalizing weed vote, I'm almost surprised so few Republicans voted yes on it.  Or more precisely, I would be surprised if the bill wasn't introduced/shepherded entirely by Dems and has dastardly provisions like prohibiting denial of benefits and providing a process for expunging convictions.  But in a vacuum, I expect many more GOP members - and their constituencies - would be inclined to vote yay on decriminalization.

As for Gaetz voting yay because he's a party frat boy, if that's all it took weed woulda been decriminalized by a voice vote in both chambers decades ago.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why is the market up despite a bad jobs report? I don't understand it which makes it evil, awful and bad! :spank:

In addition to that, the market is up and will continue to go up because stocks are basically the only place to earn anything right now. Interest rates are absurdly low, the long-term future is somewhat bleak, and inequity reigns supreme. 

So naturally, you put money in the stock market. 

Archived