Sign in to follow this  
Mrstrategy

What if Tywin killed in early part of war of five kings

Posted (edited)

What if Tywin killed or at least gravely injured so he out for at least 6, months to a year in early part of war of five kings   (before or during 
Battle on the Green Fork ) by a random arrow/crossbow bolt?how would it affect  war of five kings?

Edited by Mrstrategy

Goodbye Joffrey, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion. Y'all dead. It's a Civil War between Renly and Stannis, and the North most definately would back Stannis. 

Kevan Lannister would have just taken his place. He basically is just as smart as Tywin and commands the same level of respect from the lords of the west. Now if Kevan died as well, things would get really interesting.

Stannis get the Iron Throne. Without Tywin I doubt the Tyrells would back the Lannisters.

4 hours ago, sifth said:

Kevan Lannister would have just taken his place. He basically is just as smart as Tywin and commands the same level of respect from the lords of the west. Now if Kevan died as well, things would get really interesting.

Or maybe Kevan would just mourn Tywin's death like he did in the books.

4 minutes ago, The Hoare said:

I doubt he would in the field, surrounded by enemies and in the middle of a war no less. Kevan Lannister was always a man of duty and he does eventually take Tywin's place in the real story, he just doesn't do it right away, because he believed the war was about to end.

2 hours ago, sifth said:

Kevan Lannister was always a man of duty and he does eventually take Tywin's place in the real story, he just doesn't do it right away, because he believed the war was about to end

He took Tywin's place only after Pycelle and Harys Swyft asked him to come back to KL

11 hours ago, The Hoare said:

Without Tywin I doubt the Tyrells would back the Lannisters

They backed the Lannisters because of the Crown, not because of Tywin. It is just as possible that without Tywin they'd be more enthusiastic to make the deal, given an even greater chance to secure a larger part of power.

11 hours ago, The Hoare said:

Not exactly. Kevan was more than prepared to step into Tywin's shoes, but he wanted Cersei removed from the children and Kings Landing, like Tywin had planned at the end of ASOS.

Kevan had not just lost Tywin, but one son and another on his deathbed. Lancel revealed his relationship with Cersei and this is part of the reason why Kevan leaves.

Also, and this is pretty pertinent, the war was pretty much over when Kevan left. His reasons to stick around had decreased.

The Lannisters only survived after AGoT because of Tywin's reputation. Remove him and everything is over for them.

At this point Renly is crowed King with the Tyrells at his side, Robb just beat and captured Jaime and Kevan son.

Without Tywin's authority, Cersei would never reconize Tyrion as acting Hand, without Tyrion KL is controlled by Cersei and Joffrey... I doubt that this would go well. Without Tyrion Stannis might (probably would) take KL and end the war.

With Tywin's death, even more problems arise, like who is his heir... Tywin cleary meant to be Jaime, but he is captured and a member of the KG, then Tyrion a dwarf, and Cersei a woman acused of adultery and incest that is far away from the lords and region. They both hate each other, and I doubt that they would have the authority over their vassals that Tywin had. Kevan is not ambitious enough to usurp his nephew and niece, and  he does not have the same authority over them that Tywin had. Just look how he is treated by Cersei in Feast and Dance.

There are even worst odds. Balon was cleary afraid of Tywin, and rejected Robb and stabbed him in the back, but if Tywin is dead and the Westerlands are ruled by a Dwarf or a Woman, would he respect them all the same? I doubt it. He called Robb a puppy, but if this puppy just killed Tywin and captured the KG he might be a Hungry Wolf.

Tywin's death also triggered a bunch of events of it's own much later, The GC and Doran only started to acted after his death.

This could warrant a rather extensive answer. However, to be more concise, I think it is fair to say that Tywin was the engine keeping Lannister hegemony going.

Tywin falls, everything starts to fall apart as we see in the actual story. So if he falls earlier, so do the Lannisters. I