Small, Worthy, Unworthy -- You Call It!

Zorral

Disturbance of the peace i public or some nonsense like that.

And yes, that waste of resources makes that story so absurd.

Ah, looked up a few things which were not entirely correct by memory, so a few corretions addition.

The the party he held in violation for the corona/lockdown restrictions was not his birthday party, it was to celebrate, that he had been re-appointed to his position after the last election. And it was not in hishome, it was in restuarant or a bar. He was fined 1.000 € over it.

The tweet which triggered the you are 1 penis tweet in itself is a piece of art, that earnt deservedly earnt him this penis monicker he has now. He not only called the party folks back in may irresponsible, but also praised the brave men and women in (police) uniform that make sure we are not heading for a another lock down.

The raid with the search warrant and the little children in the flat. The penis tweet was send from a fan pub's official tiwtter account. They invited one of the owners for an interview down to the police station to give a statement. In which he confirmed that he did indeed sent that tweet. Several weeks later the appartment of his ex was raided at 6 am. Basically the door rang, and she opened the door half asleep and a police-woman (and five other thugs all in riot gear) immediately put her foot into the door asked how many people were living in that appartment. Yes, it was the appartment of his ex and he wasn't living there anymore when they raided it. Pimmel Andy's private army.

How often does police execute search warrants over insults? Not very often mildly put. Did that you are such 1 dick constitute an insult? I'd argue no, but I am not a lawyer. But apparently writing 1 (numeral) dick instead of a dick, could make quite a bit of a difference legally. As that tends to push it more towards satire than insult. And whether dick is such big insult in the first place is also questionable. Being rude is not the same as insulting. So there freedom of speech should beat out the hurt ego of Pimmel Andy. (I hope the police isn't paying me a visit in riot gear at 6 am for calling him Pimmel Andy).

If anybody wants to see the poster

Like I said, the police has conceded by now, so teh writing is back on the wall (literally).

And yes, coppers running around peeling off 40 stickers around the district by hand was just beautiful.

Conundrum in mobile phone shop today. Little old lady was getting rinsed for 25 quid for a case and screen protector she could have had for 7 quid off amazon. Should I shaft the small business and support amazon, or let the old lady be shafted? 

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Conundrum in mobile phone shop today. Little old lady was getting rinsed for 25 quid for a case and screen protector she could have had for 7 quid off amazon. Should I shaft the small business and support amazon, or let the old lady be shafted? 

I wouldn't worry about it, I know that little old lady and she is Jeff Bezos mom.  

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Makes you kinda wonder if small business (as a collective) should be on that pedestal we put them on…  I’d support the old lady - regardless of political allegiance. 

(Also don’t let my cynicism and bad experiences with small business offend anybody. There are several decent small businesses that deserve all the support, and always remember that I see the world through the Eastern Europe filter, where a healthy small business culture is… very much in its infancy.)

Gads these people have thickest skins as well as the teensiest bit of activity that any average brain could generally be expected to exhibit.

~~~~~~~

I finally got my flu shot this afternoon, after trying for one 4 times in a week and a half.  The final obstacle was having to postpone appt. yesterday due to nor'easter / rain-wind bomb cyclone that blasted our region Monday night and most of yesterday, into this early morning for those further north of us.

16 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I loled.. the dog is looking weirdly at me.

It actually gets more weird if you search for him trying to rationalise and doubling down. Below is an extract from Jeremy Vine interview. 

Mr Graham said: ‘You say it’s just an opinion, it’s actually fact.

‘The thing about what I do, and what you do Jeremy is, words are something we use as an everyday currency… so therefore I’m very careful about what words I use and what I say.

‘If you were to say to me, what do you call something that gets bigger, what would you say? It would be something that grows, it expands, it grows.’

At which point, Jeremy suggests ‘foam things expand’.

Mr Graham agreed, adding: ‘If you were to describe the economy growing, would that be something you would say had to be planted?’

‘It would expand and grow because you have growth in the economy. You don’t actually plant the economy to make it grow.’

He then took aim at the ‘lefties’ for ridiculing him, saying: ‘They’re all going “he’s so stupid, he doesn’t know that concrete doesn’t grow”. I mean, do they really think that, they actually think that?’

He also explained how you make concrete in a mixer, which is where he strangely suggests ‘you can make it grow.’

He said: ‘If you have ever seen somebody making concrete in a concrete mixer… it expands and it grows, so you can actually make it grow.’

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

It actually gets more weird if you search for him trying to rationalise and doubling down. Below is an extract from Jeremy Vine interview. 

Mr Graham said: ‘You say it’s just an opinion, it’s actually fact.

‘The thing about what I do, and what you do Jeremy is, words are something we use as an everyday currency… so therefore I’m very careful about what words I use and what I say.

‘If you were to say to me, what do you call something that gets bigger, what would you say? It would be something that grows, it expands, it grows.’

At which point, Jeremy suggests ‘foam things expand’.

Mr Graham agreed, adding: ‘If you were to describe the economy growing, would that be something you would say had to be planted?’

‘It would expand and grow because you have growth in the economy. You don’t actually plant the economy to make it grow.’

He then took aim at the ‘lefties’ for ridiculing him, saying: ‘They’re all going “he’s so stupid, he doesn’t know that concrete doesn’t grow”. I mean, do they really think that, they actually think that?’

He also explained how you make concrete in a mixer, which is where he strangely suggests ‘you can make it grow.’

He said: ‘If you have ever seen somebody making concrete in a concrete mixer… it expands and it grows, so you can actually make it grow.’

love this.  especially because when you make concrete the end product occupies a smaller volume than the original components, as the water / cement mixture fills the small gaps between the aggregate.  

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:eek: but that’s just the test, right? Excluding the courses & driving lessons you need to take? 

No. That's for the paper licence. Lessons cost about £30 an hour. Theory test is £23 and driving test is £62. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Out of sheer curiosity, how much does it cost to get a driving license in your country? 

The internet says the average is about 30 000 NOK, so around 3000 euro, and the bare minimum is aroud 19 000 NOK.

Archived