Jump to content

NFL 2022 Week 1: Leviathans in Fall


Fire and Jace
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

that was a fucking WILD end to regulation for LV-AZ

Indeed! Last season I totally fucked up and forgot the draft day, so I ended up with actual contenders to start out, and it was a WHOLE THING for me to drop the players (if I dumped them all at once, it would have destabilized the whole league by rewarding just the folks with desk jobs who could snap 'em all up -- and about half of people in my league work outside doing fieldwork). So this year I set an alarm and made sure I was around to draft the best scrubs. I'm well on the way this week to having my kicker be my highest-scoring player.

I still want us to have a golf rules league here. Sounds like a good bit of fun.

3 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

WUT ahahahahahahaha

:ninja:'d you. That would have been amazing if they called it a touchback. It was so close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

:ninja:'d you. That would have been amazing if they called it a touchback. It was so close. 

For real tho. That would have been the most perfect ending. I hadn't been watching the game until the final AZ drive in regulation, but I just learned that Arizona had ZERO points at the half (LV had 20), which makes that ending just even that more pleasing.

Edited by Xray the Enforcer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More gut wrenching loss, Raiders, Ravens or Browns?  Browns had a 13 point lead at the 2 minute warning.  Raiders had at least five defensive plays where a stop wins the game.  Ravens had a 21 point lead ending the 4th.  All three looked like the clearly better team for much of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

More gut wrenching loss, Raiders, Ravens or Browns?  Browns had a 13 point lead at the 2 minute warning.  Raiders had at least five defensive plays where a stop wins the game.  Ravens had a 21 point lead ending the 4th.  All three looked like the clearly better team for much of the game.

Ravens, easy. Their loss was the worst and they're the best of the three.

 

SUCK PACK, SUCK!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 11:11 AM, Tywin et al. said:

The petty is strong and I love it:

 

I'm not in the business of defending Tom Brady but this was a good reminder that the Giants win in 2011 was the last championship for a New York (or New Jersey) sports team. I'd be petty too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm not in the business of defending Tom Brady but this was a good reminder that the Giants win in 2011 was the last championship for a New York (or New Jersey) sports team. I'd be petty too.

NYC FC just won the MLS title last year you ignorant monster! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

The Dolphins never led in this game until 14 seconds left. Tagovailoa tied the franchise record for touchdown passes in a game with six, matching Bob Griese and Dan Marino. That was the play that may have silenced the doubters on Tagovailoa being a franchise quarterback. 

This is from CBS sports today.  I think they said last week that Tua is a bust who can aspire to game manager maybe, and also that the Patriots got the best QB in that year's draft with Mac Jones.  Healthy Tua, with actual blockers and receivers that can create space is a more than cromulent QB I think. All of the takes that said Tua is a bust and Mac Jones was a great pick...  (granted that 5th pick is different than 20th or so) My prediction is that Mac Jones is like Mark Sanchez without the playoff wins.  (admittedly MIA has been deficient there too.)

Edited by mcbigski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

I’m not sure I have ever truly realized just how toxic Niners Nation is.  Prevailing sentiment seems to be Shanny should be fired for having the audacity to call running plays for a QB drafted (at least in part) for his ability to run the ball.  :dunno:

Not surprising.  The only comments section I ever participated in was for a Yankees blog that's now defunct.  It certainly was a lot smaller than a SBnation blog like NN - and clearly had a lot more even-keeled followers than your usual sports blog - but even those game threads became untenable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mcbigski said:

This is from CBS sports today.  I think they said last week that Tua is a bust who can aspire to game manager maybe, and also that the Patriots got the best QB in that year's draft with Mac Jones.  Healthy Tua, with actual blockers and receivers that can create space is a more than cromulent QB I think. All of the takes that said Tua is a bust and Mac Jones was a great pick...  (granted that 5th pick is different than 20th or so) My prediction is that Mac Jones is like Mark Sanchez without the playoff wins.  (admittedly MIA has been deficient there too.)

Six.  Pshaw.  I routinely threw ten or more as Marino per game in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say the Browns loss was the worst because all they had to do was run the clock out. Instead they go out of bounds once and score an unnecessary td once. Just kneel on the ball, they had no time outs!

Detroit Lions, that was a surprising game. Third quarter aside they looked dominant.

Dallas. Well they won so I'll take it. Parsons and Diggs looked good. Wonder if they can trade a first rd pick to Cleveland for Cooper???

Denver, what in the hell is their coaching staff doing? It's almost like they want to make Marty Morningwigs decision making look good. You pass up a 50 yard filed goal in mile high stadium?

San Fran, so so lucky they couldn't get a decent trade off for Jimmy G. This injury may save their season and get him another contract, maybe Indianapolis would like another new old QB to start game one next season?

I think the owner of the Colts needs to call up Carson Wentz and apologize after losing to the Jaguars 24-0, clearly it's more than just the QB that's an issue there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...