US Politics: The Copper, Silver, and Peach hangover

Ormond

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Buzzkill!  I'd offer you some of my scotch but you don't deserve it!

Ha. I've got my own. Although I'm saving it for another night; still recovering from some sort of non-COVID virus.

Anyway, Jon Ralston retains his title as best state political beat reporter by a country mile:

12 minutes ago, Fez said:

Ha. I've got my own. Although I'm saving it for another night; still recovering from some sort of non-COVID virus.

Well good, I'm not the best at sharing anyway.  :cheers:

Been dealing with what I think is RSV for almost two weeks now.  I will never regret moving down here to spend time with my niece, but she's been sick for most of it and it's hit me hard.  Hoping my immune system can deal, but I am old and unhealthy enough that it may just suck.  Still totally worth it.

I'm really not too impressed with Ralston.  I mean, he's a very capable analyst no doubt - like many others - but c'mon.  Let's recall his actual prediction with numbers for the Senate race:  "Prediction: Cortez Masto, 47 percent; Laxalt, 45 percent; others, 4 percent; none of the above, 4 percent."  Yeah..not too impressive.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Lake gained ~4500 votes out of 84k in the newest Maricopa drop.  That's not enough!

3 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

ABC has called WA3 for Perez, now we just have to wait for the 5 other toss-ups (note that 538 gave WA3 a 2% chance of being flipped)

Lol.  Are you guys just performing or actually on pins and needles how 4 day later totals come out?  Pro tip, unless Lake actually won by 65%+, it Hobbs.  Senate stays D.  House will probably stay D too.

If a coin comes up tails 20 times in a row, what do you expect the next outcome to be?

Sure Biden got 81 million votes because America was hungering for higher energy prices and payoffs to the connected.  But what bridge is too far?

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Lombardo wasn't a crazy candidate and Nevadans understandably blamed Sisolak for the momentous hardship they've endured over the last four years.

Not crazy, just an asshole. As my brother described him:

Oh, you mean the skeavy, scandal plagued sheriff of Clark County? Disbanded the anti gang and drug units and the crime rate in Clark skyrocketed, who is still under investigation for illegally deporting documented immigrants who had been arrested for minor crimes. Salt of the earth.

8 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

If a coin comes up tails 20 times in a row, what do you expect the next outcome to be?

Someone getting a straight palm in the snoofer for trying to cheat me is probably quite high on the gradient.

13 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Lol.  Are you guys just performing or actually on pins and needles how 4 day later totals come out?  Pro tip, unless Lake actually won by 65%+, it Hobbs.  Senate stays D.  House will probably stay D too.

Sure Biden got 81 million votes because America was hungering for higher energy prices and payoffs to the connected.  But what bridge is too far?

So… given the screed above I have to assume you share the opinion of this individual?

35 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Don't believe everything you see on Twitter, if you don't want to seem like a credulous dolt.

Dude you don’t have to know someone to share an opinion with them on a topic.

Also friend chill, we’re mostly Americans who love their country and want it to prosper.

Lets try to have a civil dialogue. 
;).

36 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

If 90% of the count can be done in hours but it takes days for the rest, is it more likely that arithmetic got suddenly harder, or that the election is corrupted? 

Do understand even Florida is still counting?

37 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Especially when the Wednesday/Thusday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday results always, and I mean literally, always, go towards the establishment candidate.  Power protects itself.

And fuck the popular will.

If Democrats fail to take the house will you come back to this and admit you were wrong  for proclaiming they’d rigged the election processes Nationally?

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

...Except Arizona STILL isn't quite at 90 percent right now - it's at 89.  You really should just do a basic google before you spout your mewling horseshit.

It should also noted Arizona any longer to finish counting than it does a standard election cycle. 

Kari Lake is currently losing to Katie Hobbs, and has been since Tuesday.  While it wasn't a promising margin, Lake made up votes based on the drop/count that happened tonight.

@mcbigski - do you think Lake should have just conceded on election night when she was losing, or wait until the entire vote is counted?

2 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Was this the drinking game at the bar you lost? Tails you have to take a shot, head's your drinking buddy takes one?

Pro Tip. Don't drink and post. 

Unless you are DMC, who is in Florida (come on @DMC you didn't think you could make one thread without a Florida remark, did you?)

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Unless you are DMC, who is in Florida (come on @DMC you didn't think you could make one thread without a Florida remark, did you?)

I've never liked Florida.  I make fun of Florida more than pretty much every person I've ever met - except you.  But your endless unsolicited mentions of me living in Florida in a disparaging way?  I now love Florida.  Florida kicks Germany's ass at everything.  Florida has better weather, better food, better drinks, better looking people, better education, certainly better beaches and extracurricular activities, and even - somehow - better nazis.  Your obsession with Florida is classic playground jealousy.  I could get you in but you'll have to live in Daytona for at least a couple years then we'll see how it goes.

Daytona? That's where you lot watch people drive in circles, isn't it? That's like the Nürburgring of Florida. With less nature around it. Nürburg ring at least has a rock festival once a year. Ok, I assume Daytona probably has more strippers to make up for it. 

If I want to watch people going in circles, I read McBigski's drunk observations and reasonings about current US politics. 

Indeed, especially Green Day or NoFX are fun rocks to watch.

Daytona, pfft. Alas, maybe in a hundred years so, archeologist will explore that place with little submarines, in the belief that they found Atlantis, or Democrats are trying to win the vote of sharks (assuming they haven't gone extinct by then). 

5 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Daytona, pfft.

What you don't get is Daytona is your purgatory.  I could send you to Tallahassee or somewhere in the panhandle, but you might get lost in the majestic beaches in an otherwise hopeless existence.

Anyway, feel like it should be noted NBC dropped their estimate earlier tonight from 220 GOP seats to 219.  I'm not sure what they're seeing, but apparently things are getting very close.

You'd drop me in Pensuckola, wouldn't you? You monster. I am a horse, I have rights. I'll contact peta, so that you'll be forced to watch every single Pam Anderson movie ever made*, without alcohol or drugs. That'll teach.

*exception being her work with Tommy Lee. You live in a Christian state afterall.

5 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I'll contact peta, so that you'll be forced to watch every single Pam Anderson movie ever made*, without alcohol or drugs. That'll teach.

As long as I don't have to watch her get sexually assaulted by Andy Dick.  I grew up in the nineties as a straight male, watching Pam Anderson movies is just nostalgic.

Archived