Tully Madness

Sydney Mae

15 minutes ago, Sydney Mae said:

We saw Catelyn lose her mind early on.  Take this chapter from the first book.

She's laughing with hysterical relief. Her son and herself narrowly escaped death. Clearly not madness. And I think you know that.

16 minutes ago, Sydney Mae said:

Two sisters going crazy.  It puts their children in danger of losing it as well. 

Not really because they didn't go crazy and even if they did you have no way to tell that it is a genetic thing that will be passed on.

I cannot believe you revived a month's old awful thread just to repeat the same tripe multiple other people have already regurgitated and ignored again all the arguments which disprove what you are saying.

1 minute ago, Roswell said:

Bowen Marsh had just gotten things sorted out at the wall

What on earth did he sort out? Bowen objectively made the situation worse by killing the person holding the different factions together. Thanks to Bowen the Idiot there will likely be a bloodbath and the defence against the Others will be weakened.

I could go for Arya sticking Bowen with the pointy end, but alas, Arya is not at the Wall.  I guess I'll just have to settle for Wun Wun pulling his arms off like wings off a fly and bashing his head against the Wall.  Would leave a nasty stain, but oh, so satisfying!   :fencing:

16 minutes ago, King Maegor the Cool said:

It’s going to be cathartic watching Bowen Marsh get Wun Wun’d. All these haters will probably mourn it though

Hahahaha!  Their first posts after WoW will be;  Wun Wun worst giant at the Wall and mad, mad, mad!

On 4/14/2023 at 5:05 AM, Sydney Mae said:

It isn't really surprising.  We saw Catelyn lose her mind early on.  Take this chapter from the first book.  It happened after the assassin tried to kill her crippled boy.  The wolf saved Catelyn.  The wolf licks the blood from Catelyn.

The men found her laughing. 

Two sisters going crazy.  It puts their children in danger of losing it as well.  Arya will experience mind-breaking stress after she hears what happened to Jon at the wall.  She will go on a murderous rage.  It's the final straw as Arya tries to hang on to her sanity as well as her humanity. 

A history of erratic mental condition is there for the Tullys and on to Cat’s children. Nice.

On 4/14/2023 at 10:25 AM, Craving Peaches said:

I cannot believe you revived a month's old awful thread just to repeat the same tripe

I can :P

It's illuminating to hear that some people consider emotional reactions from people who survived near lethal encounters, particularly from mothers who also saw an attempt to murder their child averted, are signs of madness :rolleyes:

It isn't really surprising.  We saw Catelyn lose her mind early on.  Take this chapter from the first book.  It happened after the assassin tried to kill her crippled boy.  The wolf saved Catelyn.  The wolf licks the blood from Catelyn.

Two sisters going crazy.  It puts their children in danger of losing it as well.  Arya will experience mind-breaking stress after she hears what happened to Jon at the wall.  She will go on a murderous rage.  It's the final straw as Arya tries to hang on to her sanity as well as her humanity. 

Arya will follow the same arc as her mother.  

2 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Arya will follow the same arc as her mother.  

She'll marry a Great Lord, rule his castle and be his closest advisor?  I like it!  Or maybe she'll ride to war with a king and become his closest advisor, and get sent as envoy to another king.  I like that too!  

Of course she could wind up being treacherously and viciously murdered, but I have faith she'll avoid that.  GRRM likes her too much.

Edited by Nevets

George the gardener planted the seed of Tully insanity early on. 

LIKED

On 3/19/2023 at 11:34 PM, The Gizzard of Oz said:

Definitely gives a wide open door in the plot for Catelyn's children to also go insane.  I think Arya is part of the way on that trip. 

Arya is the one who has cracked her own sanity. Arya bought the ticket and boarded the bus heading to insanity land where she will join Catelyn. 

58 minutes ago, The Commentator said:

Arya is the one who has cracked her own sanity. Arya bought the ticket and boarded the bus heading to insanity land where she will join Catelyn. 

Arya is not insane nor is she going insane. Catelyn was arguably only 'insane' after loosing her husband, two sons, and then seeing her other son treacherously murdered right in front of her, and this has everything to do with external trauma and nothing to do with genetics.

Of course, multiple other people have already pointed this out multiple times in this thread but it is conveniently ignored by you and others.

Edited by Craving Peaches

Arya is already in that danger zone. 

It's abnormal.  Cat's reaction is not typical for a mother in this predicament.  There's something wrong with her. 

3 hours ago, Wisconsin said:

It's abnormal. 

No it's not. 

Cat's reaction is not typical for a mother in this predicament.

Yes it is. Her son nearly died in front of her. She nearly died. A bit of hysterical laughter is nothing out of the ordinary.

There's something wrong with her. 

No there isn't.

10 hours ago, Wisconsin said:

It's abnormal.  Cat's reaction is not typical for a mother in this predicament.  There's something wrong with her. 

Watching your son being killed and at the same time having your telepathic son in a panic move try to project his consciousness into your mind will do that to you.