Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

18 hours ago, James Arryn said:

I’m not 100% sure I actually read any of them. 

One only reads Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake out loud, in a group of young lit students like oneself, during an entire long weekend, while imbibing enormous amounts of preferred alcoholic beverages (and hooking up too, when it isn't one's own turn to read).  That's how we did it in our Joyce course, in mine day, anyway!  It was fun, and we actually imbibed a great deal and figured out what was going on.

Oops, forgot to include there were other substance substantially imbibed as well on those long Bloom's Day weekends!  Ah, youth, wonderful youth!

Edited by Zorral

Now Piers Morgan, "would love" to do an interview? Wasn't he telling them they should just shut up about a week ago?

Oh, and I see Tucker Carlson had Samantha Markle Grant on his show to bash her (half) sister. Lovely. 

ETA: Morgan, Carlson, Clarkson; I'll give you one guess who employs all of these assholes. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

5 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Hey now, those clear and obvious racist and xenophobic remarks were taken "out of context."

16 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Her problem was that she said the quiet part out loud, you see.

I'd argue she just said the already out loud part way too fucking loud. 

I have absolutely no love for either of them, but they're not wrong about the UK press, which is by far the most vicious and toxic in the western world, and that includes the "respectable" papers and broadcasters, not just the tabloids. It's a tiny incestuous social group with a narrow range of self-serving values, and their entire MO can be summed up as "if you are a public figure you play ball with us or you only have yourself to blame for the campaign we will unleash against you." Is the venom directed at Meghan Markle motivated by misogyny and racism? Absolutely, yes, but those arenot the only reasons. As much as anything, she's an outsider who apparently refused to play ball.

Edited by Liffguard

3 hours ago, Liffguard said:

I have absolutely no love for either of them, but they're not wrong about the UK press, which is by far the most vicious and toxic in the western world, and that includes the "respectable" papers and broadcasters, not just the tabloids. It's a tiny incestuous social group with a narrow range of self-serving values, and their entire MO can be summed up as "if you are a public figure you play ball with us or you only have yourself to blame for the campaign we will unleash against you." Is the venom directed at Meghan Markle motivated by misogyny and racism? Absolutely, yes, but those arenot the only reasons. As much as anything, she's an outsider who apparently refused to play ball.

There are files at the National Enquirer that give the British tabloids a run for their money, I think. Ask Tiger Woods, who, frankly, I’m not sure I sympathize with, although after seeing a documentary about his upbringing, I’m not surprised he turned out the way he did.

53 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

There are files at the National Enquirer that give the British tabloids a run for their money, I think. Ask Tiger Woods, who, frankly, I’m not sure I sympathize with, although after seeing a documentary about his upbringing, I’m not surprised he turned out the way he did.

His parents really turned him into a robot. 

The worst part was probably how they dumped his HS sweetheart considering that may have been the only normal relationship in his life and he was so happy.

56 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

His parents really turned him into a robot. 

The worst part was probably how they dumped his HS sweetheart considering that may have been the only normal relationship in his life and he was so happy.

The interviews with his HS sweetheart in the documentary were so very sad. That letter his parents made him write…

Edited by Fragile Bird
Sp error

38 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The interviews with his HS sweetheart in the documentary were so very sad. That letter his parents made him write…

I'm not certain he even wrote it, but regardless, they dumped her, not him. 

Two other things from the doc that were shocking is his dad would make him sit outside of rooms while he was clearly cheating on his mom, and she got her revenge by burying him in an unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere. 

Healthy family dynamics! 

Edited by Tywin et al.

5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I saw it a few weeks ago on HBO. I think it was an HBO Sports production. Two parts. Ends just after his Masters win, iirc.

Fragile Bird -- just looked and found them, thanks! I'm curious how it'll compare with Andrew Tate's family relationships.

Incidentally, my Asian mother is a neighbor and friend of another Asian mother who is a friend of Tiger's Asian mother, hahaha. They're all from the same era, share the same background, and married American GIs.

21 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

The difference is that papers like enquirer have little to no influence. The English tabloids do.