Something fun where no one goes insane

kissdbyfire

On 12/2/2023 at 7:27 AM, SeanF said:

Jon Con wants to kill Tommen and Myrcella, and I would not be surprised to see Margaery and her cousins fall victim to the Sand Snakes.

I have this theory that Arianne will be like Lady Macbeth and will be tortured by whatever role her rise to power had in Myrcella's death. 

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I have this theory that Arianne will be like Lady Macbeth and will be tortured by whatever role her rise to power had in Myrcella's death. 

Arianne is kind-hearted, but naive (her father is in large part to blame), and has no idea that innocents have to die for her to fulfill her ambitions, until Arys Oakheart is killed, and Myrcella is almost murdered.  That devastates her.  It's similar, in its way, to Daenerys' experience at the Lhazareen village.

But, judging by her sample chapters, she hasn't given up playing the game of thrones, and one can view her being shattered if her ambition to be queen results in countless people being murdered.

Arianne is the last person one could imagine watching someone screaming out a confession in a torture chamber, or conducting mass executions.  Such things would haunt her.

Looking ahead to Winds, a couple other fun things to see, would be;

1) Lord Manderly's Hidden Ships put to use,

2) More from Old Town, Specifically what is going on in the High Tower,

3) Marwyn The mage, he is one of the characters I want to see more of

4) Finding out who will tame a dragon. 

5) I would also love to see and hear from Team Dayne, Where is Ned nowadays

15 hours ago, SeanF said:

Arianne is kind-hearted, but naive (her father is in large part to blame), and has no idea that innocents have to die for her to fulfill her ambitions, until Arys Oakheart is killed, and Myrcella is almost murdered.  That devastates her.  It's similar, in its way, to Daenerys' experience at the Lhazareen village.

But, judging by her sample chapters, she hasn't given up playing the game of thrones, and one can view her being shattered if her ambition to be queen results in countless people being murdered.

Arianne is the last person one could imagine watching someone screaming out a confession in a torture chamber, or conducting mass executions.  Such things would haunt her.

I’m not a big fan of Arianne, but one of her best qualities is how, despite thinking that she wants danger and adventure, she’s immediately horrified by what that entails once she’s confronted with it. Like her father, she seems to realize that Oberyn can’t really be avenged since he volunteered to fight—even when trying to justify her queenmaker plot, she mentions Elia and the children, not Oberyn. Her becoming queen over Myrcella and Tommen’s bodies is the type of irony this story loves, and would continue the parallels between her and Cersei—only in Arianne’s case, the guilt will gnaw away at her.

I’m also curious if Myrcella will be like Jane Grey and be briefly crowned before she’s overthrown by Aegon. George will probably call her “the half-moon queen” or something like that lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here we go:

Predictions:

1. Victarion and the Ironborn fleet join Ser Barristan and Meereen's forces and win the war over Slaver's Bay, making Vic stay there and him & Tyrion be invited by Barristan to be on Dany's side and sit on the queen's council in her absence.

2. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice. Theon helps him take Winterfell. After that, there will be negotiations held and Stannis will try and consolidate his power at Winterfell before the great War for the Dawn.

3. Jon will live with his mind inside Ghost and then be resurrected by Melisandre by sacrificing Shireen about 400 pages in, after which he will lead the Night's Watch as a changed, hardened Jon and a type of warg king. 

4. Cersei and possibly also Tommen will flee to Casterly Rock before/when Aegon comes. There they will stay until Tyrion takes over Casterly Rock with the sewer trick in the very beginning of A Dream of Spring.

5. Daenerys will get to Westeros by the end of the book.

Unlikely but wishful thinking:

1. GRRM finally sorts out the time year gap but with 2 years halfway through the book, giving Dany's dragons and the Stark children etc time to grow before the next things to come.

2. Ser Barristan gets to ride Rhaegal (one of my old visions from like back in season 4 or 5 of the show) like a badass Ser Grandfather and he, Daenerys and someone else all ride to Westeros like a dream team

3. Alayne/Sansa & Aegon are set to marry, with Littlefinger discussing the terms with JonCon, Tyrion etc at the Vale. Making for an extremely interesting political situation and meeting. (I have seen this on the forums a long long time ago.)

4. Bran travels via Eastwatch somehow and/or gets on to Daenerys's side and wargs Drogon just as Daenerys flies into King's Landing sitting naked on Drogon after her clothes have been burned away.

5. There is some actual official meeting wherein the lords of Westeros come together to fight against the Others and begin building an army and amassing at the castles of the Wall in a decent time.

• 5 weeks later...

It was fun reading through this thread. I may be late to the party, but still...

My predictions:

1) Jon will survive. I'm in the camp of simple survival instead of some dubious fire magic by Mel, but who knows... It is likely that he will be out of action for a while though. Yet, he could use that time for some esoteric mental exploration (a bit like Bran's coma dream in AGOT), perhaps he could magically explore the depth of the Winterfell crypts or the Far North or could get in touch with Bran or remember something really ancient. 

2) Arya will meet Jeyne Poole in Bravoos and will travel back to Westeros as a result. In some manner, she will be reunited with both LS and Nymeria, and it will be, ultimately, a cathartic experience for her.  

3) The Wall - or its magic - will fall, and the Others will get access to Westeros.

4) Sansa will find out the truth about LF. She will have an opportunity to escape from him, but she will decide to stay in the Vale instead because she will not want to leave SweetRobin without a protector. She will also decide to beat LF at his own game. It will take some time, but Sansa is a talented player and will be learning fast. 

5) Howland Reed will finally make an appearance and we'll get some new hints concerning some of the secrets he is guarding. 

Hopes:

1) Shireen, Jojen, Tommen and Myrcella will survive.

2) Jamie (or someone else) will find a way to save Brienne from LS, and, one way or other, something good will happen to that girl finally. (Actually, I'm quite confident that she is going to live yet, but the second part seems unlikely.)

3) Both Jaime and JonCon realize (privately) that there is one last thing that they can do for Rhaegar (as in helping his real child), but it will cause conflicting feelings: Each of them will feel honour-bound to pay their perceived debt to Rhaegar, however, it would mean abandoning their current duties, and how could they possibly do that? They could reach opposing conclusions in the end. 

4) The Blackfish will turn up again. Edmure and his family will be freed. 

5) LS will find peace at last.

Wishful thinking:

1) Val and Jon will be happily united in love. 

2) Benjen will return alive and well.

3) The author will get rid of Euron as soon as narratively possible.

4) All mysteries will be explained.

5) The Daynes will actually play an important role. 

1 hour ago, Julia H. said:

It was fun reading through this thread. I may be late to the party, but still...

“A great poster is never late. Nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they mean to.”

Great to see you around again! :cheers:

My predictions:

1) Jon will survive. I'm in the camp of simple survival instead of some dubious fire magic by Mel, but who knows... It is likely that he will be out of action for a while though. Yet, he could use that time for some esoteric mental exploration (a bit like Bran's coma dream in AGOT), perhaps he could magically explore the depth of the Winterfell crypts or the Far North or could get in touch with Bran or remember something really ancient. 

Yeah, pretty much what I believe as well. 

2) Arya will meet Jeyne Poole in Bravoos and will travel back to Westeros as a result. In some manner, she will be reunited with both LS and Nymeria, and it will be, ultimately, a cathartic experience for her.  

I find Arya especially hard to predict. Mostly b/c I have these two conflicting options for her character and I can’t quite make up my mind and pick one. One is basically what you’ve laid out. In the other she leaves Braavos for the Wall by ship and w/ the terrible weather etc might end up stranded somewhere and meeting… Rickon? Davos? Pyke? Any number of interesting possibilities… And on one hand I think she must meet LSH, she has to; otoh, Braavos to the North may make more sense travel-wise? I don’t know but I’m really curious to see what will happen.

3) The Wall - or its magic - will fall, and the Others will get access to Westeros.

4) Sansa will find out the truth about LF. She will have an opportunity to escape from him, but she will decide to stay in the Vale instead because she will not want to leave SweetRobin without a protector. She will also decide to beat LF at his own game. It will take some time, but Sansa is a talented player and will be learning fast. 

5) Howland Reed will finally make an appearance and we'll get some new hints concerning some of the secrets he is guarding. 

Yes, yes, yes. :)

I’ll leave the rest for tomorrow b/c right now I can’t keep my eyes open! :lol:

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I find Arya especially hard to predict. Mostly b/c I have these two conflicting options for her character and I can’t quite make up my mind and pick one. One is basically what you’ve laid out. In the other she leaves Braavos for the Wall by ship and w/ the terrible weather etc might end up stranded somewhere and meeting… Rickon? Davos? Pyke? Any number of interesting possibilities… And on one hand I think she must meet LSH, she has to; otoh, Braavos to the North may make more sense travel-wise? I don’t know but I’m really curious to see what will happen.

Arya running into Rickon and Davos sounds like an exciting turn of events! It is true that Braavos to the North geographically may make more sense travel-wise, though other (Other?) circumstances may make is less possible at a given moment. 

On 12/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I’m not a big fan of Arianne, but one of her best qualities is how, despite thinking that she wants danger and adventure, she’s immediately horrified by what that entails once she’s confronted with it. Like her father, she seems to realize that Oberyn can’t really be avenged since he volunteered to fight—even when trying to justify her queenmaker plot, she mentions Elia and the children, not Oberyn. Her becoming queen over Myrcella and Tommen’s bodies is the type of irony this story loves, and would continue the parallels between her and Cersei—only in Arianne’s case, the guilt will gnaw away at her.

I’m also curious if Myrcella will be like Jane Grey and be briefly crowned before she’s overthrown by Aegon. George will probably call her “the half-moon queen” or something like that lol.

I think that outcome is extremely likely.

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

“A great poster is never late. Nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they mean to.”

Great to see you around again! :cheers:

Yeah, pretty much what I believe as well. 

Yes, yes, yes. :)

I’ll leave the rest for tomorrow b/c right now I can’t keep my eyes open! :lol:

My guess is that Melisandre will burn Gilly's baby, as part of reviving Jon.

Arya running into Rickon and Davos sounds like an exciting turn of events! It is true that Braavos to the North geographically may make more sense travel-wise, though other (Other?) circumstances may make is less possible at a given moment. 

I think so, too. I find it interesting that so little attention is given to the numerous possibilities in that sort of triangular area that runs from Skagos to EbtS and Hardhome. We have Davos on his way to Skagos, where Rickon and Shaggy and Osha are, we have Pyke (hopefully) and whoever’s left of his crew and maybe some free folk they rescued? Skagosi warriors - and unicorns pretty please - and a couple of ships stranded in the area. I mean, so many possibilities it makes my mouth water! :D

The thing with trying to figure out Arya’s next destination and even what route she’ll take there is time: both the travel times and timeline. For instance, Jeyne Poole, last we saw her, was going to go to the Wall to then be sent to Braavos - possibly. It will take a fair amount of time for her to be in Braavos, and I kind of have a feeling Arya will depart sooner rather than later… and then the big question for me becomes, will these two timelines align so that they meet? 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:23 PM, kissdbyfire said:

So, two lists: 5 predictions for TWoW & 5 things you want to happen but know it’s wishful thinking for TWoW. Go!

Predictions:

1. Jon doesn’t die and is resurrected; he’s just wounded and out of commission for a while.

2. We’ll get confirmation that Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter.

3. Jaime will lead the BwB.

4. Bran will help Stannis.

5. Arya will go back to Westeros, and end up in the North eventually. 

Extremely unlikely wishful thinking (I know it’s not gonna happen)

1. Rhaegal eats Tyrion.

2. Shireen doesn’t burn.

3. Jorah bites the dust.

4. Tommen gets to the end of the book unscathed.

5. Bower Marsh survives and sees the errors of his ways. - nah, only joking, he’ll be torn apart limb by limb and I can’t wait, just ran out of ideas. :lol:

1. We get unimpeachable confirmation that the poison was in the pie and Tyrion was the target. It's already been confirmed, actually, many times over, but apparently more is needed.

2. Illyrio's plan to destroy the Iron Bank will be revealed, although maybe not culminated in Winds. Petyr will be revealed as his accomplice.

3. Roose Bolton will die and Ramsay will suddenly calm down, start speaking in whispers and leeching himself. Some people might notice that his eyes look slightly paler than they did before, but surely that is from his immense grief . . .

4. Blackfish will rescue Ed and Jeyne, revealing that there was never a plan to lure Tywin into the west and that Robb only fell for Jeyne because he was dosed with one of Gramma Maggy's love potions.

5. Bran will turn out to be the three-eyed crow, and that will pit a human heart at war with itself.

and 6. The Others are not going to invade the south, there will be no final battle between good and evil, and they aren't even the ones raising and controlling the wights.

----

Sorry, but there is anything I wish would happen. The future unfolds as it will.

Edited by John Suburbs
Added thought

17 hours ago, SeanF said:

I'm still torn over whether Sansa will overdose Sweetrobin, not for shits and giggles, but because LF manages to persuade that her life depends upon her marrying Harrold Hardyng.

My personal hunch is that LF will first marry Sansa to Harrold. Then he'll arrange Sweetrobin's death himself; no need to involve Sansa in that.  Then he'll arrange Harrold's death, and try to win Sansa's heart for himself.

14 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

We get unimpeachable confirmation that the poison was in the pie and Tyrion was the target. It's already been confirmed, actually, many times over, but apparently more is needed.

I've seen this theory before, and I rather like it. But where is this confirmation please? Can you post a link?

22 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

1. We get unimpeachable confirmation that the poison was in the pie and Tyrion was the target. It's already been confirmed, actually, many times over, but apparently more is needed.

I've never seen this theory before. The pie was meant for the King and Queen, not Tyrion. Does not seem likely to me, but I'd read it.

Link?

23 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

2. Illyrio's plan to destroy the Iron Bank will be revealed, although maybe not culminated in Winds. Petyr will be revealed as his accomplice.

3. Roose Bolton will die and Ramsay will suddenly calm down, start speaking in whispers and leeching himself. Some people might notice that his eyes look slightly paler than they did before, but surely that is from his immense grief . . .

4. Blackfish will rescue Ed and Jeyne, revealing that there was never a plan to lure Tywin into the west and that Robb only fell for Jeyne because he was dosed with one of Gramma Maggy's love potions.

5. Bran will turn out to be the three-eyed crow, and that will pit a human heart at war with itself.

and 6. The Others are not going to invade the south, there will be no final battle between good and evil, and they aren't even the ones raising and controlling the wights.

----

Sorry, but there is anything I wish would happen. The future unfolds as it will.

I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to you, but I think all of these but especially and emphatically #s 1, 3 and 5,belong on the wishful thinking category, and I'd be willing to put money in it. 

9 hours ago, Aebram said:

I've seen this theory before, and I rather like it. But where is this confirmation please? Can you post a link?

@Northern Sword

"It's, kof, the pie, kof -- noth, pie."

And this is after he already tells us that it's the pie that's a bit dry and he wants more wine to soothe it. The whole time he was drinking his "deep purple" wine, there were no problems at all.

Edited by John Suburbs
add link

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to you, but I think all of these but especially and emphatically #s 1, 3 and 5,belong on the wishful thinking category, and I'd be willing to put money in it. 

I'll bet a trillion gold dragons.