Something fun where no one goes insane

kissdbyfire

Predictions:

1. Jon is not dead, but is comatose.

2. Davos will not return from Skagos in the next book.  He sure isn't doing an out and back.  Nothing is that simple in ASOIAF.

3. Jaime will die in the first part of TWOW.  We're overdue for a surprise impactful death, and if he's not the valonqar (I think it's Tyrion), he's not needed for anything.

4.  Sansa will learn politics and influence at Littlefinger's knee.  She will then use what she has learned to take him down.

5.  Arya returns to Westeros accompanied by Jeyne Poole.  Time to resume being Lady Arya Stark of Winterfell.

Hopes and desires:

1.  Red Wedding 2.0 either doesn't happen or fails miserably.

2.  Arya spends time with a courtesan and learns how to use her femininity to her advantage.

3.  Benjen Stark and Tyrek Lannister reappear.  Davos finds Benjen.  Tyrek meets Arya in Braavos.  They become friends with neither knowing who the other one is.

4.  We find out what happened to Tysha and she is not a sex worker.

5.  Tommen and Myrcella outlive their mother.  By the way, this does not contradict the prophecy, though I do admit their future doesn't look good.

Edited by Nevets

17 hours ago, csuszka1948 said:

Honestly, I really like the idea of Jon dying and being resurrected and thought it makes perfect sense, but a quote I have seen from GRMM - claiming that Beric Dondarrion was 'not a living human being anymore' - made me rethink and realize that perhaps I am wrong and GRRM is pulling ANOTHER fake-out death.

That's exactly what GRRM is doing, IMHO.

Predictions:

1.  Jon will appear to be resurrected and become an evil murderous zombie-leader of the Nights Watch, to the dismay of Jon's fans.  But this will be a fake out; as the glamored zombie is not actually the corpse of Jon Snow.

2.  Tatters will fly Viserion over the Battle of Meereen, slay Pudding Face, and signal the Windblown to switch sides.  But this will be a fake-out, as the non-descript man flying Viserion will not actually be Tatters.

3.  The Hound will face off against Robert Strong.  But this will be a fake-out, as it is actually not Sandor under the Hound Helm.

4.  Jaime will return to KL, oddly changed, after which Lancel and Kettleback and Moonboy for all I know will start to get horribly murdered.

5.  A tall mystery knight with a shy 12-year old squire will appear at the Vale Tourney, and will display honor by refusing to use a special sword against lesser opponents.  But this will be a fake-out as it will not actually be Brienne and Pod.

Hopes That Probably Won't Happen

1.  Old-man Hasty will do some major ass-kicking.

2.  Sansa will do something desperate to save her cousin Sweetrobin, like flee with him into the Mountains.

3.  Dany and Arya will get back to Westeros BEFORE the mid-point of the book.

4.  There will be no sex scenes.

5.  A talking dragon!

Predictions (not sure I have 5 but I will try) 

1. Dany is brought back to Vaes Dothrak in chains. To go forward, you must go back. 

2. fAegon will march on KL and Cersei will do what Aerys couldn't and torch it. 

3. Mance will be revealed as writing the pink letter. 

4. The rest of Westeros will be thrown into chaos in one way or another like the North and Riverlands already are. 

5. Jaime will be headed to the Wall by the end of the book (with lots of other people). 

Wishful Thinking 

1. Bran will walk again. 

2. Sansa wargs Nymeria. 

3. Sandor ships Sansa. 

4. Ramsay and Roose both bite the dust. 

5. Arya survives the whole series. 

• 3 months later...

This quote from The Mystery Knight about young Walder Frey caught my eye:

The child had the most irritating laugh Dunk had ever heard, a high shrill hiccup of a laugh that made him want to take the boy over a knee or throw him down a well. 

Assuming some sort of Red Wedding 2.0 is in the cards, is this foreshadowing that Walder's corpse is going to be dumped down a well? The Freys did throw Catelyn's body into a river, after all.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:45 PM, kissdbyfire said:

I’ll add one hope… that the book ends with *no animals were harmed in the telling of this story*. 

Adding an extra ♥ for my sister who has no interest in this series, neither television nor books, but she would agree with this statement regardless.

Predictions:

1. WE FINALLY MEET MY SWEET WILLAS
  2. Arya returns to Westeros, or at the very least, her last POV ends with her sailing in that direction.
  3. Penny dies :( 
  4. Harrold Hardyng kicks the bucket
  5. Someone convinces Dany she's AA

Hopes:

2. Jorah dies
  3. Sansa is widowed
  4. Bran leaves Hodor alone!!
  5. We meet Howland Reed

On 8/3/2023 at 5:12 PM, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

So 5 things I think are going to happen, and 5 things I want to happen, hmm. Think are going to happen : 

1. Stannis makes Rickon the little lord of the North. Bran isn't involved ;) Sorry, I'm being controversial. 

2. Daenerys burns a lot of people. Like...Yunkai..... i.e. she might just let loose. 

3. Jon Snow isn't dead. I think it is extremely unlikely he dies. 

4. Tyrion worms his way into being Daenerys's councilor. 

5. Victorian dies horribly I think. I do think this will happen. 

Wishful thinking : 

1. Sansa pushes Petyr Baelish to his death through the Moon Door as he tries to kiss her again. She says, "My mom thought of you as a little brother" right before pushing him to his death. (I know they are no longer in the Eyrie, so this can't happen, but it's wishful thinking)

2. Brienne of Tarth is alive. Jaime finds her. They make out out of nowhere and become a power couple. Yes, I am shipping Brienne and Jaime, deal with it. Neither of them die. 

3. Jaime kills Cersei because he is the volunquor (I have no idea how to spell this word). Actually, I think this one is possible. Anyways, he does it to stop her from burning down King's Landing or something. 

4. Theon Greyjoy somehow survives. Somehow he meets Bran and he begs for forgiveness from Bran. Bran tells him he is a Stark at heart, if not in name. Listen I'm going wish fulfillment full out at this point. 

5. Catelyn gets to rest in peace. I don't know how to have this happen. Maybe she gets to see Arya or Sansa are alive and well and then passes on peacefully? Please dear god let this happen. 

6. I know I'm only allowed 5, ignore this one if you must. Jhogo is a PoV and he doesn't die. I guess Tyrion gets him out. Also Jhogo is very against our expectation for Dothraki. Not a racist stereotype anymore! 

I want to change my list of predictions after my reread (I like my wishful thinking list : 

1. Stannis wins the initial battle at Winterfell. I think Roose Bolton somehow dies in this battle probably due to some mutiny of various Northern Lords. This leaves Ramsay who ran away once the Freys fell into the Ice Lake trap in charge somehow. Will he be in Winterfell? Unsure. 

2. Daenerys still probably burns a lot of people in Yunkai, but I'm gonna tone this down. I think Daenerys...finds a way to make things work better in Meereen. I don't know, I think her conflict is not done yet..and I don't think she will completely abandon Meereen. Also, slightly included here, Barristan and gang with the Battle against the Yunkai even before Daenerys returns. Skahaz murders Hizdahr maybe while they are out. 

3. Davos finds Rickon, but in typical GRRM fashion, they somehow spend all of TWoW in Skagos, lol. Davos gets captured by some Skagosi which he escapes (note : Ever notice that Davos spends a signifigant amount of time in prison, I just decided he has to get captured/imprisoned somehow in this book, lol). 

4. Aegon I Blackfyre takes Storm's End ....somewhat brutally (probably with Jon Connington taking a page out of Tywin Lannister's book. He has made it clear he wants to act like Tywin now....which is probably not good for his opponents). Aegon will continue on to march on King's Landing. I think Aegon will take King's Landing by the end of this book. However....

5. Cersei will try to burn down King's Landing while Aegon is taking it. I suspect that Jaime kills her in this scene as her volunqar. How Jaime ends up back in King's Landing, I'm unsure, but that's not important. Basiclaly he stops her the same way he stopped Aerys. Aegon then takes the city. Sadly, and I like Jaime, something tells me he doesn't survive murdering the Queen. It just seems unlikely. I don't see Jon Connington forgiving him his crimes. Also, what would people call Jaime now: Kingslayer, Kinslayer, or Queenslayer? 

Edited by Lord of Raventree Hall

10 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Bran leaves Hodor alone!

I also have this hope. To expand on it, generally speaking, Sansa, Arya, and Bran all...make turns toward the light, lol. Sansa isn't too far gone compared to the other two...but she could still rid herself of Littlefinger's plots (and also lead him to his death). I just reread the "Mercy" TWoW released chapter...and it actually is disturbing. I get it, Raff had it coming...but Arya is going down a dark road. Gleefully/excitedly murdering people, even if they are evil...is not the road I wanted Arya to go down. So...her getting....some balance in her life or soemthing, would be good. Bran needs to stop taking over Hodor's body. I want Meera Reed to like realize it, and they have a serious talk about it or something. 

21 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Predictions:

2. Arya returns to Westeros, or at the very least, her last POV ends with her sailing in that direction.
  3. Penny dies :( 
  4. Harrold Hardyng kicks the bucket
  5. Someone convinces Dany she's AA

Hopes:

2. Jorah dies
  3. Sansa is widowed
  4. Bran leaves Hodor alone!!
  5. We meet Howland Reed

I feel like I have to ask… are you by any chance or stretch of the imagination looking forward to seeing Willa’s enter the story proper? :D

Also, I find it interesting that what your reply lacked in subtlety irt Willas it had in spades irt Tyrion. :)

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I feel like I have to ask… are you by any chance or stretch of the imagination looking forward to seeing Willa’s enter the story proper? :D

How did you know?? That's some Melisandre shit, don't be spying on me through your fires. :spank: Like, what gave it away??

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Also, I find it interesting that what your reply lacked in subtlety irt Willas it had in spades irt Tyrion. :)

Bahaha! I almost included, "or annulled" but that addition would have felt..disingenuous.

2 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

How did you know?? That's some Melisandre shit, don't be spying on me through your fires. :spank: Like, what gave it away??

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Bahaha! I almost included, "or annulled" but that addition would have felt..disingenuous.

Yes! I'm also rooting for Sansa's widowhood. :P

2 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

Nobody's going insane on this, but how am I supposed to understand the topic without descriptions of and links to to several generic third-party wikis? Be reasonable.

Your wish is my command! :bowdown:

Sane Characters 
  • find the death and destruction brought by war to be entertaining.
  • Stalker with a Crush: Someone obsessively spies on someone they have a crush on.
  • Yandere: If they have a crush on someone, there will be blood.
  • Yandere Couple: Twice the dedication, twice the crazy.
    Crazy-Eccentric 
Crazy-Dysfunctional 

I did leave out "causes", "symptoms", remedies and resolutions" and gods know what else coz I just couldn't anymore! :lol: