Something fun where no one goes insane

kissdbyfire

7 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I agree. They need to do something in TWOW. Something that makes them real to the story and not just a threat that’s been coming for 30 years.

Didn't you hear about the big pay dispute up there though? All the wights went on strike because they thought the Others weren't paying them enough. Only now that an increase has been agreed upon can the march resume.

PREDICTIONS:

1. The Mastiff reveals himself to Dany as her family's maester from the Dragonstone days

2. Arya returns to Westeros and unites with Nymeria

3. Euron's blood sacrifice wakes "krakens" as white as milkglass...though maybe black

4. Resurrected Jon ventures far North, perhaps to Hardhome

5. I'm on Team ShadrachRevealsHimselfAsHowlandReedToSansa

HOPES, BUT PROBABLY NOTS:

1. Team SandorUsingAGlamourInTheVale

2. Aegon's Blackfyre secret revealed 

3. Arya gives mercy to LS

4. Tyrion sees the error of his ways?

5. Dany actually gets to Westeros?

Predictions:

1. After a brutal battle at Winterfell and the news that Aegon has taken King’s Landing, Stannis snaps and burns Shireen. He may not die, but his campaign finally reaches its end.

2. Bran returns to Winterfell. 

3. Aegon marries Arianne, only to then become infatuated with Sansa. Sansa, who is tired of being a pawn, starts to hatch her own plot to escape.

4. Daenerys lands on Dragonstone during her last chapter.

5. Aeron and Theon both make it back to the Iron Islands because there’s no way GRRM would have revealed their deaths in a sample chapter lol.

Hopes:

1. Myrcella is briefly queen after Tommen dies.

2. Sansa and Sandor reunite.

3. Bran uses his powers to save Jaime from Stoneheart.

4. Cersei teams up with Euron.

5. Littlefinger finally loses some of his f*cking plot armor.

2 hours ago, EggBlue said:

2. Barristan Selmy betrays his queen !

So uncivilized. Our good Ser Barristan would never do such. 

Due apologies for the disappearance, I've been busy. 

Predictions: 

1. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice, but because he made some bad decisions, like possibly sacrificing Shireen, his men desert him. He dies. Ramsay dies. 

2. Daenerys lands in Westeros at the end of TWOW. 

3. Sansa doesn't marry Harrold, Petyr tries to wed her to fAegon

4. fAegon takes King's Landing, kills Cersei, imprisons Tommen and Margaery in Maegor's comfortably. Large amount of damage to KL, IDK. GRRM might save KL for the battle between fAegon and Dany. 

5. Jon is either resurrected, or was only temporarily out of commission. 

Hopes: 

1. Ramsay is flayed and/or fed to his dogs. 

2. Gendry and the Brotherhood meet up with Arya, and maybe start north. 

3. Edmure and Roslin are freed during Red Wedding 2.0, or freed on the way to Casterly Rock. 

4. Dany brings a bunch of sellswords to supplement her less than ideal Unsullied and Dothraki. 

5. fAegon is killed by a mad JonCon, crazy by greyscale and learning that fAegon is not Rhaegar's. 

Wishful Thinking:

1. Dany is able to take control of most of the south without Pyrrhic losses. 

2. fAegon dies.

3. Cersei dies, Tommen and Myrcella are simply kept as hostages and live on happily. 

4. Jon and Dany hook up. KITN and southern queen marriage alliance?

5. Shireen lives. 

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

Predictions

1. Tyrion steals a dragon and flies it to the Vale to pay his debts (and escape Dany's wrath).
  2. Everyone dies at the Wall, and in the Gift and the New Gift - except possibly Jon, who will find himself trying to imitate Tolkein's Aragorn by leading an army of ghosts.
  3. Petyr does not end as a villain, but dies saving Catelyn/Stoneheart (who is not a villain either).
  4. Sansa and Arya both get iced - Sansa early on, and Arya much later. This is not a passive state and is where the Others play their mind games. Hopefully both girls benefit from 'ice preserves' and can be defrosted before the end.
  5. Cersei and Jaime die together, reunited.

Hopes

1. Bran sorts out his trauma and repressed memories, and settles down to some serious exposition with Bloodraven.
  2. Bad!Sansa! For some reason I'd really like to see Sansa as a pretty little vampire queen or something, and be absolutely terrifying.
  3. At least some magic left in the world after all the magical disasters are sorted out.
  4. Enough clues to get a clearer idea of GRRM's word play, the gardening method, and the crazy obsessions with trees and food and colours etc.
  5. We get a very clear and satisfactory justification for that wretched theme of mad queens/mad mothers/mad women generally. I'm pretty annoyed already, but if it's not sorted out, I'll be incandescent with rage.
Edited by Springwatch
Added Hopes

• 6 months later...

Predictions:

1. Jon Snow will defeat Ramsay Bolton in the Battle of Bastards when the Manderly Knights and Stannis come to their aid and is elected King of the North

2. Euron burns KL and Aegon

3. Dany and Tyrion end up in Braavos, finding out the truth about house with red door and Tysha

4. Brienne finds one of the Stark girls

5. Cersei will flee to Casterly Rock

Hopes:

1. Littlefinger loses his plot armor, is outwitted by Sansa and killed

2. Melisandre realizes that Stannis is not Azor Ahai

3. Arya returns to the Riverlands and becomes a leading figure of the Brotherhood Without Banners

4. Myrcella survives

5. Arianne doesn't idiotically marry Aegon

Edited by csuszka1948

So 5 things I think are going to happen, and 5 things I want to happen, hmm. Think are going to happen : 

1. Stannis makes Rickon the little lord of the North. Bran isn't involved ;) Sorry, I'm being controversial. 

2. Daenerys burns a lot of people. Like...Yunkai..... i.e. she might just let loose. 

3. Jon Snow isn't dead. I think it is extremely unlikely he dies. 

4. Tyrion worms his way into being Daenerys's councilor. 

5. Victorian dies horribly I think. I do think this will happen. 

Wishful thinking : 

1. Sansa pushes Petyr Baelish to his death through the Moon Door as he tries to kiss her again. She says, "My mom thought of you as a little brother" right before pushing him to his death. (I know they are no longer in the Eyrie, so this can't happen, but it's wishful thinking)

2. Brienne of Tarth is alive. Jaime finds her. They make out out of nowhere and become a power couple. Yes, I am shipping Brienne and Jaime, deal with it. Neither of them die. 

3. Jaime kills Cersei because he is the volunquor (I have no idea how to spell this word). Actually, I think this one is possible. Anyways, he does it to stop her from burning down King's Landing or something. 

4. Theon Greyjoy somehow survives. Somehow he meets Bran and he begs for forgiveness from Bran. Bran tells him he is a Stark at heart, if not in name. Listen I'm going wish fulfillment full out at this point. 

5. Catelyn gets to rest in peace. I don't know how to have this happen. Maybe she gets to see Arya or Sansa are alive and well and then passes on peacefully? Please dear god let this happen. 

6. I know I'm only allowed 5, ignore this one if you must. Jhogo is a PoV and he doesn't die. I guess Tyrion gets him out. Also Jhogo is very against our expectation for Dothraki. Not a racist stereotype anymore! 

Since I assume most of my predictions are wrong and some are only partially right;  I won't make any predictions.   I have a lot of wishful thinking.  I'll pick one:

1)  The Faceless Man formerly known as Jaqen H'Gar/The Alchemist will give Samwell access to the Forbidden library and who knows what he'll find.

2) The FM will help Samwell and Sarella escape the Citadel when Euron takes it and makes it his seat/House of Urrathon Nightwalker; where the glass candles are burning.

3)  Sam will take all the glass candles he can get his hands on with him, leaving one behind.

4)  Sam and Sarella will stop at Starfall and collect Ned and the Dawn Sword.  

5)  They will then travel to Sunspear where he hopes to take ship back to the Wall.

6)  Gilly has gone with Marwyn to meet Dany; not having any choice.

7) Sam will not discover anything about the Horn of Winter in his possession.  That knowledge is in Tormund's keeping along with the armband/ring needed to fix it.

1 hour ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

3. Jon Snow isn't dead. I think it is extremely unlikely he dies. 

Honestly, I really like the idea of Jon dying and being resurrected and thought it makes perfect sense, but a quote I have seen from GRMM - claiming that Beric Dondarrion was 'not a living human being anymore' - made me rethink and realize that perhaps I am wrong and GRRM is pulling ANOTHER fake-out death.

2 hours ago, csuszka1948 said:

Honestly, I really like the idea of Jon dying and being resurrected and thought it makes perfect sense, but a quote I have seen from GRMM - claiming that Beric Dondarrion was 'not a living human being anymore' - made me rethink and realize that perhaps I am wrong and GRRM is pulling ANOTHER fake-out death.

Does Mel even know how to bring people back? The way Thoros tells us it happened, makes the reader believe this has never happened before. 

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Does Mel even know how to bring people back? The way Thoros tells us it happened, makes the reader believe this has never happened before. 

Agree. At the very least, we’re not told of any other red priest having resurrected anyone, and Thoros himself was very surprised by his own feat. 

7 hours ago, csuszka1948 said:

claiming that Beric Dondarrion was 'not a living human being anymore' - made me rethink and realize that perhaps I am wrong and GRRM is pulling ANOTHER fake-out death.

I’ve been mentioning this quote for awhile, though if you heard this from me or another source isn’t important.   The whole ‘Jon’ gets dead then, reanimated and continues on as if he’s alive’ is a trope that just doesn’t make sense. I personally would rather have another fake out death than another zombie. 

4 hours ago, sifth said:

The answer must be no, as she hasn’t mentioned it.  Thoros was surprised as anyone one when Beric reanimated.  If this was a skill the Red priests have, he should have known about that long ago. 

One of questions this line of thinking brings up is, the Varamyr prologue.  Varamyr told us about a wargs 2nd life, but never mentioned the wargs soul being able to transfer back into their body or any other body.   If the wargs body is dead, the soul can’t re-inhabit it.   That was how he killed his mentor’s soul, he kicked Haggon’s soul out of the wolf Greyskin and laughed when the soul died.

I think Jon is alive based on what GRRR wrote.