NBA - Rochambeau Playoffs

Rhom

Sigh. 

Finally had a team seemingly committed to the full long rebuild, and now we appear to be abandoning it under the same BS ‘accelerating’ terminology used every time teams who promised patience ran out. 

Don’t get me wrong, Green still has growing to do, but he is almost always the most obviously talented guy on the floor when he’s playing and his role/usage/team situation has been one of constant fluidity and lacking real definition, and he’s still just turned 21, so it’s imo the kind of move I hate. Trust the fucking process you mopes!

Edited by James Arryn

21 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I don't know if Thibs was just giving respect to his guy, but I'm baffled the Knicks didn't immediately go at Jimmy when he was utterly immobile. Or sag off him when he was sitting in the corner on offense. Baffling collapse. I guess missing 30 three pointers will do that.

Thibs is a shit 4th quarter coach. Ugly loss, but it's hard to complain too much as a Knicks fan. We'll take whatever we can get this season. 

Sucks there's no Embiid, but the Game of Death begins. Winner of this series should be the favorite going forward. 

Sixers close out a tight one. That was a hell of a game. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Joker is such a monster in the post. His ability to be an artist on offense while doing a lot of the dirty shit on defense is a beauty to watch. 

With how plodding his body is, inside his head must be like the matrix.  

5 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

With how plodding his body is, inside his head must be like the matrix.  

My favorite sports show describes him as a loaf of bread that's always bleeding. 

There are some guys that it's easy to see why they'd be an NBA superstar.  Lebron or Giannis, you can easily see that their unique combination of physical gifts.  With Curry, his ability to make difficult shots even when off balance, falling over, twisted around, etc, is immediately obvious. 

Other guys like Jokic (or Steve Nash) it really begs the question "that really works?  Really?"  It looks like you ought to be able to play that guy off the court, or if not that, at least exploit their physical deficiencies enough to create a huge problem for their teams.  But thus far nobody has been able to do it.  Perhaps this is Jokic's year. 

It's just been two games so far, but I thought that the Suns were the Nuggets worst match up defensively and that the Nuggets would have had to average 120+ points to win. Didn't think that they'd hold up as well as they did, especially with their prior history although maybe that will change in Phoenix. 

If they win, then its credit to the front office for getting them the players needed, even if they whiffed on Jordan, Bryant and Jackson, the fit for Gordon, KCP, Brown and Green has been really good. Braun has been a good pick too, not as good as Campazzo offensively, but he's longer and more athletic and works just as hard defensively.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Other guys like Jokic (or Steve Nash) it really begs the question "that really works?  Really?"  

Deficiencies aside, Jokic does have his height going for him. I think its more players like Kyle Anderson that triggers disbelief. Not that he is a star or anything.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

When keeping it real goes wrong:

He might want to go back and check that.  He was only half of that - one reason the Lakers beat the Grizz was that the lakers left Dillon alone on offense and he could not hit anything.