Diablo 4

Relic

I wasn't sure I'd like the permanently online aspect at first but it turns out I'm actually quite enjoying seeing other players running about doing their own thing.

Like it's pretty funny to walk into a blacksmith and see a necromancer with a bunch of skeletons just casually standing around.

3 hours ago, JGP said:

I’m just about done the Campaign in Tier II, my Barb is level 50. 

Not sure I want to slide into Tier III until I’ve maxed out my ability points [58 is max, with exploration Renown] and climbed up the Paragon tree a bit [isn’t that shit a trip, spent an hour or so last night theory crafting] 

Also, even though my gear is all Legs it’s not entirely optimized for my build, stat wise. It’s also only like mid to high lvl 40 gear, which I doubt is good enough for TIII solo.

I mean, I did one of those random mini dungeons that are scattered throughout Sanctuary and the fucking Butcher was in there. In TII he was fucking me up— couple lucky health pot drops saved my Barb’s hairy ass. 

So yeah, really need to gear up. Playing with other people helps too, but I actually like soloing this kind of shit.

do you still have me on battlenet? lets link up this weekend or somehting (im 8 hours ahead of you) and run some shit

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

do you still have me on battlenet? lets link up this weekend or somehting (im 8 hours ahead of you) and run some shit

Not sure if I do or not. Send me a PM with your battletag, I'll check and/or add.

We can do Discord and catch up while we play.

33 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I didn't get the fancy version, so started on playing on Monday night. A couple of days off work has seen me get to Act 5, currently Level 42, with my Rend / Death Blow Barb. Lots of fun so far, and the build feels pretty good, especially on bosses, which just melt.

Right? I dont know how it’ll stack up endgame but it’s the tits for Barb levelling. 

I started incorporating Thorn dmg on gear and have one or two leg Aspects that tweak Thorns [as well as several points in my Ability tree] and even on TII it more or less puts paid to ranged mobs dunking on me while I’m bleeding and DBing the shit out of everything in melee range.

I also have two Charges of DB through gear which is immensely helpful when I mistime and don’t quite get the finisher on a target.

Edited by JGP

Sometimes I can't skip tedious cut scenes. Mount gets hung up on weird shit and occasionally rubberbands. That's it. So far.

---

That Lilith fight was long.

Edited by JGP

24 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I just made the craziest weapon. 35% against vulnerable, 30% against close range, 22% crit, 23% CC. That alone is awesome considering it offers a +200 DPS. And then it adds 96% damage to everything because of the pets.

I'm curious when you say made, you mean by like imprinting and enchanting an existing weapon?

I really need to beat the game already and move on to world tier III, I suspect that's when glyphs start dropping. I've almost got all the region rewards though. Still no horse! 

Got my first Unique equip from Lilith. If it’s any indication they’re pretty nice, but you can’t rip  the Aspect or overwrite with another. Or Enchant [but you can’t get the mats for Enchanting until TIII anyway, and I want to be able to craft better jewels]

I’m about to do the Capstone dungeon that’ll let me progress to TIII.

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm curious when you say made, you mean by like imprinting and enchanting an existing weapon?

Yeah, just upgrading a rare with an excellent role with a dungeon bonus. And I have the pet ring so I get an additional wolf, raven and 24% damage on my tornados. 

I really need to beat the game already and move on to world tier III, I suspect that's when glyphs start dropping. I've almost got all the region rewards though. Still no horse! 

Where's my fucking pony!!!

Also, where are my wings? The early release shit was suppose to come with some goodies. 

I thought the wings were for WoW or such. Blizz always does shit like that lol

---

Ok, Capstone done. Got a leg ammy that grants 23% attack speed to my basic attack, so going to swap out Frenzy for Flay. It has less DR than Frenzy, but another big bleed and more Thorns. Also got an interesting weap leg I'm going to hang onto, adds an AOE effect to my Core skill [Rend] that hits enemies behind my target. :o  Just need a nice 2H upgrade that'll double the affix and is worth ripping the Aspect for.

God I love this shit, I'm such a nerd [though I'd love something that allows for a dot spread mechanic]

Edited by JGP

Noice. If you want your pony so bad Ty just skip the side quests and stalk the Campaign. You’re probably not far from Donan’s Favor [you might already have it, it’s an unlock, check your Stable]

edit: aaaand... the Mount has an AOE stun and dmg dismount ability :p

Edited by JGP

50 minutes ago, JGP said:

Noice. If you want your pony so bad Ty just skip the side quests and stalk the Campaign. You’re probably not far from Donan’s Favor [you might already have it, it’s an unlock, check your Stable]

edit: aaaand... the Mount has an AOE stun and dmg dismount ability :p

I GOT MY PONY LOL!

Welp, I couldn’t justify the GPU prices for a long time, but the computer I built during the pandemic is barely limping on this game - onboard graphics just don’t cut it (despite being above the minimum spec).

New video card is in the mail - really looking forward to this (and was reminded by a friend of the 800+ hours spent grinding for set gear from Diablo 2), we’ll see if my family sees me at all this summer.

Drove the girls the girls to school, had a coffee, and just completed my first TIII Nightmare Sigil Dungeon. Lots of Glyphs dropped, bunch of Sacreds [one usable] and at the end you get XP that you can upgrade your Glyphs with.

Wasn't that hard. Though it got a little hairy a few times, didn't even croak once. 

Edited by JGP

On 6/3/2023 at 3:04 PM, Kalnestk Oblast said:

To be clear that is emphatically NOT how diablo has always been. D1 and D2 had both online and offline gameplay. If you wanted to trade or do ladder stuff or play with friends you had to be online (though you could password protect or private your game so it was only you) but you could also freely play locally.

D3 changed that. Now all game servers are on battle net. You must be online to play. You can restrict seeing people and participate in open world things if you want, IIRC. But you can never play without internet.

One reason? Because ensuring that the server could run on your local machine is a kind of complex thing that also opens up their servers to discovered hacks and exploits. As it stands all the code for the servers are never shipped out, and they don't have to run on windows at all. 

Umm you can turn off all the multiplayer stuff in D4.  You always have to be online for blizzard security but everything else is singleplayer if you want it to be with a single click. That was my point.  Just like Diablo 2 you can have people running around in your town or lands etc, or you can turn it off.

17 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Umm you can turn off all the multiplayer stuff in D4.  You always have to be online for blizzard security but everything else is singleplayer if you want it to be with a single click. That was my point.  Just like Diablo 2 you can have people running around in your town or lands etc, or you can turn it off.

But if you're offline you can't play the game. You can't host a server locally either. Again, that's not at all how D1 and D2 were.